Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really enjoying the new series so far

Yep from the Bret Hart Q&A I went too a few years ago he is still pretty bitter about the incident but wasn't as much as that edit in the episode made out (suppose thats the way to draw attention to the show)

Next weeks 'legends' is the Bella Twins. Shows if you're a name on other media

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

say what you want about Enzo but he is right (01:55 ish onwards)

If anyone is too lazy to watch he talks about working smart. You can do all the crazy high risk moves and spots. But guys like John cena got more of a reaction with his "you can't see me" or rock doing a people's elbow. A basic elbow drop.

He is totally correct. 100% percent. You can hit a people's elbow when your 50. But be banged up by 40 with fast paced style. That style doesn't mean earning more money too.

I truly believe wrestling is not about the actual wrestling. You can be dumb or be smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jeff Jarrett one of the great survivors of wrestling and a true legend.

Double J Jeff Jarrett was a member of The Four Horsemen, NWO & The Bullet Club 3 of the greatest factions in the history of wrestling.

A 6 times NWA champion

A 4 time WCW champion

A 2 AAA Mega champion

A 6 time Intercontinental champion

TNA Hall of famer

WWE Hall of famer

TNA founder a company that is still going 20 years later.

36 years wrestling and still a major player behind the scenes in the WWE and a worker on the indy scene.

The term "mark" gets thrown around alot. But on the AIW indy show tonight (Absolute Intense Wrestling) some guy dressed as Freddy Kruger. Whatever. Nothing new about wrestlers dressing up as horror characters. Could be seen as markish but that's not the mark thing.

So 'Freddy' comes out with the razor glove on as you would expect. Glove gets taken off, they work etc. But at the end Freddy puts the glove on, swipes the other guy on the stomach and hits a million dollar dream for the finish (of course he would... a sleeper get it?)

But what's markish is the glove was genuine razors. Not gimmicked. The other guy had slash marks on his gut with blood. This wasn't a death match. This was a straight up normal match and the mark used real blades.

It wasn't a big "oh my god freddy is cutting him" spot. He swiped and put the sleeper on. M-a-r-k.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭briany

@Agent Coulson Double J Jeff Jarrett was a member of The Four Horsemen, NWO & The Bullet Club 3 of the greatest factions in the history of wrestling.

A 6 times NWA champion

A 4 time WCW champion

A 2 AAA Mega champion

A 6 time Intercontinental champion

TNA Hall of famer

WWE Hall of famer

TNA founder a company that is still going 20 years later.

And two time Slammy Award nominee.

He obviously knew what he was doing in the ring and had a good head for business, but he never had the charisma to really get to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭briany

I agree, although it's not a particularly revelatory or insightful point from Amore. Veteran wrestlers on shoot interviews say the same kind thing all the time. It's one of those things Kevin Nash is always banging on about for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Makes me think of Moxley. Last night he was wrestling in a warehouse in front of what looked like a couple of hundred people. Getting wooden sticks jabbed into his head, going through barb wire tables, bleeding (what's new...)

What's he at? He must be on at least at a minimum of a million a year in AEW. How lucrative can a show like that be?

Jacob Fatu is top five all-round pro wrestlers in the world.

If HHH brings Tegan Nox back, bringing her back at the Cardiff show would be a no brainer and a nice moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With things changing now in WWE, could we see more collaborations with other companies?

Though now I think about it, that's not always a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

No chance imo. What would WWE get out of it?

It would benefit the other companies far more than it would benefit them.

Remember when wwe/wwf had all the photographers around the ring

The Lex Lugar episode is next in the A&E 'wwe legends' series

Looking forward too it, one guy I wouldn't know much about other then the archives from stuff like Monday Night Wars etc

Would of been a few years before I started really watching wrestling. Amazing how such a big athletic guy is now wheelchair bound

If you believe in that sort of thing karma is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, it's amazing how decades of abusing steroids and painkillers finally caused a body to collapse..........

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes. Although I’m not sure Earl Hebner has much fondness for them as he twisted his ankle at WM 11 because they wouldn’t get out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Twenty five years ago yesterday summer slam 1997 happened which is best remembered for Steve Austin breaking his neck due to a botched pile driver from Owen hart in the IC title match. I mean for someone like Owen Hart who was so safe in the ring it was very unfortunate that it happened but him not checking on Austin after was a bit poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

I always thought it would be Cody at Wrestlemania next year that would dethrone Reigns.

Not sure now with HHH. He could strap a rocket to Kross by giving him the win.

Interesting comment and pretty positive

I imagine both HHH and Cody have sat down and put past differences behind them. Cody definitely has potential to be a 'HHH guy'. Cody has impressed since he came back particularly af HIAC

Strong argument to be made that this undisputed title stuff needs to end and a world title is badly needed for each show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE re-signing all these former WWE guys feels like the WWE is turning into TNA circa 2005

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

People say WWE don’t do long term booking but Shane’s lockbox storyline from 2016 finally played out with all these allegations and hush money payouts.

I don't mind them bringing back people that were released because Vince released a lot of talented people but Kross and Dexter feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Don't think AEW were ever interested in them even.

How could Kross choose WWE over CYN?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,631 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hunters WWE really is turning into TNA they are bring back Top Dolla tonight along with the rest of Hit Row of course minus the actual star of Hit Row who is working for another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince must be turning in his grave.

Thought you were joking but Google says you aren't. Has to be some kind of invasion angle with how Dexter Lumis came back.

Gargano and Candace seem the obvious suggestions for returning as well.

• Advertisement

So will Hunter bring back the Good Brothers and finally put the Club together and give them a proper story line with Balor and AJ.

There contract with Impact is up any day now.

Advertisement