Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

That explains both have blood on their hands but one has more?

I don’t get it , it’s like arguing who is better, rose or Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 83,042 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So you're saying it shouldn't be a contest and you should find both contemptible right?

So then I don't see why people hating Trump was so hard for you to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks..

But really..if it wasn't there wouldn't have been the censorship crackdown over it..

They told you how they "fortified" it in time..

• Advertisement

I will check in later and see has anyone got a valid argument for why trump is worse than all the other modern presidents.

all politicians including trump are nothing but gangsters - Khrushchev said it best , politicians are the same all over, they promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers. There are no honest politicians.

stop obsessing with trump , it’s creepy ye care so much about a man who achieved so little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

And there we have our answer... but but it's only the guilty who take the fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Actually, you know what, I WILL (And this will be it. All I'm going to do is scrape the bulletpoints into a sentence):

I dislike (And yes, maybe hate) self-avowed sexual predatory, proven lying, insurrectionist, racist, homophobic, white-supremecist-supporting, dictator-supporting, hostile-nation supporting, election tampering traitor. And I'm not even American. Now ALL of these are from his OWN MOUTH (Notice I removed fraud until the investigations conclude). I think it is PERFECTLY valid to dislike such a person. Do you not agree?

And THAT should clarify my point and THAT will be my last response to your question.

But bill Clinton , both bushes, Obama and Biden have most of the same issues

why dislike trump only?

that’s a question you and others wont answer because the answer make the importance and holiness of this thread at little less important and holy.

child killers are child killers whether left or right

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tooka, it seems your issue is not that Trump is being investigated but rather that others should be investigated as well.

Do I understand you correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

That could be turned around, by a simple comment of same people who were shouting and agreeing for this happening to her are now outraged because the shoe is on a different leg and foot. No one person, entity, group, groups should be exempt from any measure of law and the investigation(s) of any possible wrongs, perceived wrongs or other.

To my mind , anyone who said that they could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose voters , - to me that is a dreadful thing to say. What kind of person, would say such a thing, never mind about as a candidate for such an important and powerful role, then again what kind of human being was so awful - with cruel behaviour of mocking a journalist disability.

I gotta get back into the habit of ignoring these threads because delusional conspiracy theorists such as yourself drive me insane

stop obsessing with Obama and the Bushes and Clintons? it’s creepy ye care so much about folks who achieved so little (and have been out of politics for years)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's interesting the new angle this week.

Now it's "Why do you hate Trump when all the others did these bad things". It's pretty weak-sauce deflection to try and shift the subject away from the terrible week that Trump is having.

Having said that , here's the thing about US Presidents for most people outside the US.

The US as a general rule is a big bully and uses its power and influence to drive the global agenda in a way that works best for them with little regard to everyone else. They've always done that and likely always will. Those Bully tactics sometimes result in wars , proxy or otherwise where the weak and innocent often come off pretty badly.

There will be slight differences in those behaviours between GOP and Democrat Presidents , but the fundamentals really don't change.

Now if we accept that US policies are what they are and always have been, we are left with looking at Presidents as people.

Clinton was (and likely still is) a hound, incapable of keeping it in his pants , but as a President he did a reasonable job (with the caveats above) and left the US in a somewhat better place than when he took office. Also, he isn't corrupt.

Bush Snr was a career civil servant and really didn't do anything that wasn't straight from the US Political playbook. Also, he wasn't corrupt

Bush Jr was a much dimmer version of his father and as a result allowed himself to be led by his fathers cronies (Cheney and Rumsfeld) leading to the Iraq/Afghanistan wars which largely followed the typical US Political playbook. Also, he isn't corrupt.

Obama is a standard issue Democrat but in the body of a very slick PR guy and excellent orator/communicator. Again he didn't really vary from the Standard US political playbook, albeit with much better PR. Also, he isn't corrupt

Trump is a bombastic narcissist with a lifetimes history of shady business practices and obnoxious personal behaviour whose first last and only thought is "How can I make money from this". He veered dramatically away from the US playbook by pissing off allies and cozying up to Despots and tyrants. He trampled all over every kind of precedent and standard practice, all in pursuit of his personal enrichment and satisfaction . He tried to overturn an Election that he lost just because he thought he could. Trump is stratospherically, definitely corrupt and provides further evidence of his corruption on an almost daily basis.

Does that help people understand why Trump is "different" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That's not an answer to the question I asked. Impeachment being a very basic measure of how good a president is. So again, please answer, name me a president with two impeachments?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Somehow I don’t think you’ll be checking in later.

He’s a conman, a liar, a thief and a grifter.

You are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,074 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ah stay. It's good fun watching the zealots who slavishly praised the "strong men" like Trump/Orban/Putin/Bolsonaro now cry conspiracy about political interference in law enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mitchelsontour

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Whatever happened to "the truth will set you free?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

you are given facts about trump.

you don't address the facts, but instead engage in whataboutery.

We pull it back to Trump, the man the thread is about, and you deflect by asking posters to list why they "hate" him.

When given your answer, you engage in whataboutery *again*.

It's almost as if you cannot debate in good faith.

Any idea why that is?

The only time he doesn't open his big mouth is when he's under oath.

He brought it all on himself - even going so far as to sign the law that made what he did a felony, lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

So taking the 5th means :

Note- not the first time he has invoked it either (divorce case) Plus he went out of his way to lambast Dems for taking the 5th, stating that mobsters and guilty people do so..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm partially surprised (not completely, obviously) that he plead the fifth. From previous reports, neither Don Jr nor Ivanka did so during their testimony.

See, I don't think the media is treating him unfairly

Even people who don't support Trump (Cuomo etc) are taking this tact as well.

First wise thing he's done in years.

Btw Pleading the 5th in a civil trial doesn't help him. Jurors can make their own inferences from that plea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The 5th in the US is an interesting piece of law and tradition. It's borne out of the Common Law and the tradition of a right against self incrimination, via a right to silence.

It has huge benefits to an accused in a criminal trial, particularly as in the US at least. The court/jury cannot draw any inference of guilt from an accused exercising the 5th.

Now in a civil case, which is what Trump is currently fighting in NY. The prohibition against drawing an inference from a respondent can be made moot by presenting probative evidence to the respondent. The invocation of the 5th in such an instance can lead to inference of responsibility/culpability.

The evolution and indeed the application of the right to silence and avoidance of self incrimination across multiple jurisdictions is IMO one of the most interesting of trial law and practice. I'm by no means an expert but I have a deep interest in the Law and it's practice.

The NY prosecutors have recently gained access to the valuation documents and the company that was responsible for those is now seeking to purge it's contempt and avoid its own $10k a day fine. The case is being built meticulously on the civil side and it must be remembered in a Civil case, responsibility/culpability is assigned on the basis of the balance of probability. Given what will be an overwhelming mountain of paper trail and testimony? I look forward to seeing how the NY case is bargained out. If nothing else, the withdrawal of Mazar's from standing over their audit/oversight is the nail that this particular case will hinge on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Bit of an "I wish I could" thing but I'm going to New York in November. Should I happen to be walking past "Chump Towers" and the orange blob himself appears at the door, how much jail time could I expect if I gave him a severe kick in the nuts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement