Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jericho can still go that was a fantastic match with Yuta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The turn was great, you could see it coming but still really well done. The HungBucks/UE trios match will be a banger.

As should the upcoming coffin match and the LFI/Luchas tag match. Tasty.

Nice rap from Caster too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There's an extra Elevation on tonight

* Mance Warner vs. Serpentico

* Tony Nese & Josh Woods in action

* Hikaru Shida vs. Emi Sakura w/ Madison Rayne on commentary.

Rampage is live tomorrow with Battle of the Belts recorded tomorrow as well, so beware of spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have to say that Ass Boys spot with the dumpster had me scared but thank god they are okay

Really hope Tony Khan has Regal tied down to a long long term contract.

Listening to him on commentary on last night's Rampage he is just he has added so much to the promotion since he arrived.

How Nick Khan thought letting Regal go for budget cutting reasons was a good idea really isn't a good look on him as a now joint CEO of a wrestling company.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Regal is just brilliant in everything, he's as good at being a dangerous psychopath as he is being a total goof. If anyone's seen that RJ City "This is our attempt to do 'Between 2 Ferns'" thing Regal was a joy. They went from his early days to talking Coronation St and all sorts in between.

Battle of the Belts 3 was a great hour of pro wrestling.

Claudio Vs Takeshita was brilliant. Hope they keep the ROH title on him for a long time. Speaking of Regal being a great signing, Claudio is another person they picked up at a great time because I can't see HHH letting him go if he took over earlier (Claudio wasn't let go, his contract expired but I'd say he would have gotten a new deal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah that was scary. All I was thinking of when watching that was a forklift Mouse Trap accident. When the lids opened as it flipped.

https://www.bita.org.uk/national-forklift-safety-day/mouse-trapping/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Malakai Black on Tik Tok

Ibushi teasing a Lovers reunion!

Don Callis has been missed as much if not more than Kenny.

If Omega returns tonight I really hope Callis shows up too.

Give me a Matt Smith cameo, you cowards…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd assume Kenny returns as a face so Callis doesn't fit there. Would love to see him back though.

Great to have Punk back, delighted.

Quake by the Lake was really good, Khan continues to put out the best weekly wrestling product.

The ending of the coffin match was picture perfect, a definite hole in one as JR said!

The people who were giving out about there being too many belts wont be happy but that Trios tournament line up is sick on paper, can't wait. One of LFI/Bucks+? going out early.

Danielson/Garcia 2 out 3 falls is very tasty as well. All Out shaping up nicely too.

This will be Tay's first AEW match since May. Find it funny she changes her name to Melo now after she gets married. Or was she using the name before now and I just didn't notice?

So will Athena be the one to take the title from Jade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

If we don't get Danhausen calling the GOT show Dragonhausen then I will be very disappointed.

Coffin match was brutal, finish was fun and was executed about as well as it could have been. Wouldn't even mind seeing Brody and Darby continue their rivlary cause it's been a fun programme that's been a bit overlooked. I do think they need to cut back on blood in AEW though, didn't feel that way before really but when your opening bout is taking away the impact of blood in your main event for the title it's a bit much. What was up with Fite missing the first five minutes too? Think people are ratting on themselves by not mentioning it in the comments so far 🤣

I personally feel like they've made Athena feel like less of a big deal since she arrived which is a shame. A match with Jade should be good though, I don't know who topples Jade if she doesn't. Thunder and Toni feels like it's going for the obvious turn and challenge but hope they find a refreshing way to present it.

Really loved the Bucks/Hangman stuff and thought the Bucks were very convincing with the emotions of their promo, guessing Kenny is back next week, this could be amazing if executed correctly. As for the title picture, Punk returning is definitely needed and his Mox match should be interesting indeed. Liked the Jericho/Mox match well enough but not sure how I feel about him being the walls for that long. Bad time to go to commercial.

Guessing we'll get an idea of who's challenging for the tag titles on Rampage, feels like it has to be FTR. Rampage looks a bit overstuffed but may check it out this week. On the Trios note, I don't think people are complaining simply because of the inclusion of belts, it's because they threw a lot of ROH titles into the mix when they rarely make time for the belts they have. AEW often seems to lose interest once they've done the chase, if they have consistent interest on the champions themselves then I don't think anyone would complain.

Was the First half (up to the break) of Darby Vs King missing for anyone else on Fite? Second time that's happened recently with a chunk of Claudio Vs Gresham missing from the ROH PPV.

How did Madison Rayne get a head coach job? She's looked absolutely awful in her 2 matches and I never remember her being that good in TNA. Maybe she got better in the last few years when I haven't been watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah, I mentioned it just now. Very jarring to start with Brody busted open just before it goes to break. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I thought I was the only one that happened to 😂

Assumed watching it on Demand there was a cok up - but sounds like it happened live. Such a shame because the match was brilliant - so I wanna see those 5 minutes 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

While i love AEW (i don't watch WWE at all really anymore, that may change soon) - they are still using certain aspects of presentation that have been borrowed from WWE, that need to go. They're insistent on using the old Champ / Challenger staredown, where they will both stare each other down, before each looking to alternative sides of the audience for a "holy Sh*t" chant - it rarely works.

Another thing they do a bit, is the big run in and save - we've seen it with Punk just last night. He clears house, but it makes little sense - Big Jake took a tiny bump over the top (punk barely got him and Jericho over), but where did he go then while Punk was beating on his guys? Walk to the back? At least in WCW, when Sting was approaching to take on far bigger numbers in the NWO, he'd have an equaliser in the form of a bat or something, making the odds somewhat more realistic.

Felt like they were building to a return when the end show brawl broke out, but I still popped for Punk 🥰

Coffin match was fun. Ambrose has normalised bleeding in a stupid way. I think it could have added to this match between two deep seeded rivals, but given he’s done it in random matches vs midcarder guys, it’s basically a non-factor now.

One side is tougher than the other.

The Undisputed Elite to take on the winners?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

I'm not a edgy rebellious teen, nor do I like blood. Moxley needs to update his stuff. His poundland Austin gimmick is utter shite.

Why are Ospreay and Aussie Open involved?

Why wouldn't they want one of the worlds best trios in their tournament when they're available to them I guess.

The working relationship is still ongoing after the actual Forbidden Door event, sure Archer is in the G1 as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm so so hoping it means Pac vs Ospreay at All Out. That would be utter insanity of a match.

• Advertisement

Two bangers on the left and side of the draw and two dud ons the right hand side.

Looks to be totally setting up The Bucks and Kenny vs. The Dark Order and Hangman with Hangman replacing an injured member of the Dark Order for the final match.

Advertisement