Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

Edited - Sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Hi, Redmarie, I don't think you are guaranteed your old position back as your position would possibly need to be filled by another CO. Which means you could have the same issues with flexibility as you would as an EO. Then again the EO position could be very flexible, it really depends on where you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Thanks chillmad, yes i was thinking the same. I work in a busy section of my department so they would need a replacement asap. Id assume then a CO place would have to be found for me in a different organisation. Its a risk i guess that i need to seriously think about and weigh up pros and cons

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OrlaParkes

Hiya redmarie just to give you my situation..! I got promoted to EO recently from the 2020 EO competition and reverted back to CO for reasons similar to your own. HR were extremely understanding and nothing was a problem. I reverted back to my old CO role as it hadn’t been filled..hope that helps 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

@redmarie def go for it, you would have to go through clearance etc and then ur told what dept it is with.

im the same haven’t told anyone, I will go through the whole process and see then. I’m 15 internal and 45 open so it could move fast. I’m very unsure too, but I think if u don’t go and see what they offer you u will regret it. My current job great for the kids and wfh am afraid of change too. I didn’t realise you could change back to CO if you didn’t like it so thanks to other posters for this info

• Advertisement

Thank you, i havent heard from clearance yet. Do i just put down one of the girls names from my HR dept and their contact number on the form as current employer then or my EO do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

@redmarie If you're talking about references to contact I listed the HEO of the HR dept (name, grade, email). I also listed my HEO (again, name, grade, email) but PAS didn't contact them, they only contacted HR.

Feel free to message me directly, if I can answer your questions I will :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks furrybones, my HEO in HR dept only commenced last week.. i havent even met him yet so do you think i still list him on the form?

Yes, you should list him. HR will have all the information they need between your employment record and PMDS.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

@furrybones thanks tried to message you but it wont let me .

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bellah1

Hi , Has anyone received an email for wexford yet? or is it only Dublin moving .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

Anyone know up to what number has been called for interview yet for Dublin. I’m number 286 open and 102 interdepartmental. Wondering if I’ll have long to wait. Also do they do all tbe open first then the interdepartmental or how does that work. Also has anyone been called yet for Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

From the comments earlier in the thread, it appears the first 150-200 were called to interview, so you'll likely be in the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

I am curious about this too. Mid 200's Dublin and late 30's Meath and nothing yet, patience seems to be key though not my forte :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hanfam11

Can anyone who has been called to interview tell me if the interview is by zoom or in person? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Im 6 oom in wexford and nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seny92

I’ve an interview for Dublin, it’s via Zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcaigh97

I have an interview next week for the Dublin Open stream. My OOM for the Irish stream is 10 and for the English stream is 143. I’ve seen a lot of comments about the etray exam. Does anyone know if this has been abandoned this year? It is my first time applying for EO as I just finished my master’s degree. What is the usual process? Is the interview the final stage or are there more stages eg verification of your ability to speak Irish etc. Also I have a few other questions if anyone has any idea:

• What is the process after the interview? Are you put on a panel and then notified if you are appointed?
    • Approximately how long after (successful) interview would you expect to be employed?
    • How much notice would be given etc (will have to relocate from a cork so I’m worried about finding accommodation in time)
    • Do you have any input as to what department you are placed or how does this work? I would love the DFA as it is most relevant to my master’s but I’m not sure if how this would work?
    • Any other hints or tips or ideas are also greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sugarcoat321

I'm in 180s for Dublin but haven't heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 donotvalidate

Rang PAS this morning as I'm going on holiday the end of the month and wanted to check if the etray would be soon. There's no etray, straight to interview. I'm in for Galway and he said the interviews for Galway haven't started yet. Hope this helps someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@corcaigh97

- There is no ETray this year.

- After the assessments comes the interview and then clearance and garda vetting where you will be asked to submit documents such as proof of ID and address. I'm not sure if you will be asked to verify your ability to speak Irish as I don't have experience of this.

- You will do your interview via Zoom and it will be based around the competencies, a few days later you should get a message on PAS with the results, this message will tell you whether you have passed or not. You then have to wait to be contacted for clearance/Garda Vetting. (I'm currently a Clerical Officer, it took a week to get my results and then another week to be notified about clearance, time frames often vary though depending on a couple of things) Once this is done, you will be assigned to a department. Be aware that you should be emailed by PAS about the clearance - it won't be through the message board.

- After vetting, it's generally takes 4 to 6 weeks between interview and employment but this varies from person to person

- You should be contacted by the department you're assigned to to discuss a start date but it's generally a month after you receive confirmation of employment from the message board on PAS

- You don't have explicit input for the department you will be assigned to. They will assign you to wherever needs you to fill the role. However, from experience, I was assigned to a department that held most relevance to what I studied in college without me asking them to be put there so I do think they consider who would be best to go to a certain department. My friend who I currently work with recently got EO from the 2020 panel. She emailed PAS to ask if she could stay in the Department she was currently in and they accommodated her without any issues so it might not be any harm to email PAS asking them if there is any chance that you can be assigned to DFA provided there is a space to be filled there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hanfam11

Good luck to everyone doing the interview this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oscar2286

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monaghan2022

I asked about the 2020 campaign for Monaghan and louth

We called forward up to OOM 9 from batch 1 to stage 3 interview for Monaghan.

We called forward up to OOM 8 from batch 2 to stage 3 interview for Louth.

I thought high teens stood a good chance for Monaghan this round, never mind I guess 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

I would still think you have a chance this year given so few placements last time. Also interview was stage 3 last year whereas they have took out the Etray this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monaghan2022

Thanks, never know 😊

only about 4 mobility places came up last time too so I think 12-16 actual jobs 4 hired from each. But just guessing from reading boards and people I know looking to move. Etc

lots to retire in next 5 years so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Does anyone have the email address for PAS for this EO competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Advertisement