Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Navan Man01

Feeling a bit let down by this announcement, as u say 3/4 announced already!

Onwards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think this is right but could be getting the names mixed up!

Anachronica - rave in the woods near the campsite.

Transmission - spaceship style stage somewhere around the Trenchtown-ish area.

Terminus - new stage in 2019, huge tent similar to Rankins Wood/Electric Arena, located in new Freetown area which is where Oscar Wilde campsite used to be.

In terms of music I would say all similar enough techno-y music. Terminus would have the biggest names and Transmission mainly local djs, rave in the woods has been a bit of a mix but mainly bigger Irish djs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Is there enough acts on that poster for terminus for the weekend? Not my usual music but am going to try and experience some this time so recs welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’ve seen Mall grab a good few times and he’s good

terminus was really under-utilised when it started at the last ep, looks like the same this year with that little line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah its strange, really thought they make better use of the area with much more acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭darzog

Re. number of acts at this Terminus. According to 2019 Clashfinder there were 11 slots at Terminus that year, with only two slots on the Friday. So numbers-wise, it looks like this year stacks up. Wouldn’t have a clue if there is a gulf in quality/popularity between 2019 and this year though, as I wouldn’t be interested in that carry on myself

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Navan Man01

Never heard of him but, bit David Moralesie! Not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

God, I feel old...my tolerance for repetitive beats has very much waned over the years and was never a big dance head but I've only heard of one act on that bill! Give me Mother tent for my late night dance fix all day!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm guessing Terminus doesn't open till late in the evening which might explain less acts and they could probably do long sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It seems strange they have one hip hop act in that Terminus line up, Eve and all the rest is either house or techno, you'd think there would be a bit more of balance I remember Kneecap playing Terminus in 2019, did they have other vocal or rap acts that year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mry1234

This may have been asked already but cannot find. Just bought tickets to pink moon silver campsite and see that the green car park is the best option. Will it be easy to get to that car park on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Fanirish

12 acts, 4 acts each day, 90 mins - 2 hours each. Looking at 8 hours of music each day so that’s 6pm -2am

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭crl84

You'd think they would be clear about that, have a disclaimer saying its not Eve the rap act but a bunch of females, yeah I think Eve played Forbidden Fruit in 2017, the DJs one.

There's a possibility that Future Islands could be in the Friday announcement, they are currently on tour in Europe with their last date in Norway on 20th August, it will be seven years since they last played so hopefully they wind up on the list.

Aaah I knew I had a clip of Eve somewhere in was on the Aphex Twin day at Forbidden Fruit 2017, Eve were playing in the marquee, or one of the marquees, there was two I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

RE: Terminus schedule - am I misremembering or did the last DJs in there finish at 11pm in 2019? It seemed like such a missed opportunity, and there were logistical issues getting from there to Anachronica. One way system and huge numbers. Will be a really big missed opportunity if Terminus doesn't at least finish at 2am - in fact why wouldn't they have it open until 4am like the RITW? It's 8k heads away from the other late night dance areas. I remember my friend and I trying to navigate through the crowd at Paul Woolford in the RITW a few years back, took us an hour to get in there and and hour to get back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Fri / Sat / Sun stage times from 2019

10 acts, if you rightly discount the 2 rubber Johnnies, so looks like Friday will have a couple more acts this year.

Yeah so that's a midnight finish in 2019 more or less. That was odd.

• Advertisement

Yea I remember thinking that it was underused that year alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Saw Dylan Moran at the Paddy Power comedy festival recently and it was borderline uncomfortable. He was pissed and talking about getting divorced. Not a laugh to be had. Just a warning for anyone, like me, who is expecting great stuff.

Hopefully he was just having an off night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Have tickets to see him in a few months, hopefully it'll be better than your experience.

I seen him a few years ago and was the funniest show id ever seen, had to stand at one point my sides were hurting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Possibly. Wellies were needed though as i was wading through a large expanse of mud when my legs kept moving but my welly did not. I had to balance precariously on one leg and hope my mate managed to grab me in time (he did!). This was from B&S towards what would now be Trailer Park/Salty Dog direction.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What's on the menu today lads? Salty Dog? Mind and body?

Well these are the areas listed on the lineup poster.

I've highlighted the announcements made (the circus, lake swimming and little picnic probably won't get an announcement).

So aside from the main arena tomorrow, my guess would be Fishtown / Trenchtown, or Mind & Body.

Salty dog is usually one of the last areas to get announced from memory?

I had completely forgotten about spike island and free town! Guess they might be pushed out to next week. Mind and body or Jerry fish today hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Mind and body 🤣 FR have some kneck

• Advertisement

Hope that Argentinian food place is back in Freetown, that was a quality steak sandwich. Can't remember the name of it. This year we've been taking photos of all the food vendor signage so we don't forget. Little Dumpling at BTP and ATN are essential kit, hope they'll be at EP.

Advertisement