Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I wonder if we will see a court room in the finale?

I wonder if Gene will go on the run and then will get arrested, get put in jail and then testify at Kim's trial (for her part in Howard's death) in favour of Kim thereby showing some kind of redemption.

The ending for Kim is miserable if it is left like this. Reunion with Gene is off the cards, so maybe an "act of love/redemption" is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭fran38

Kim's last words to 'Gene' on the phone "I'm glad you're alive" has me thinking he'll die at the hands of the Salamancas. Like many posters have said, there aren't many wasted throwaway scenes/dialogue. Things are said and done for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

God Almighty, but poor Kim is already in hell. yep.yep.yep. She escapes from Jimmy and herself , to what??? I think she's looking for a new beginning, and the affidavit given to a potentially unwilling (to prosecute) DA...... Confession to cleanse the soul and allow her to come out of the shadows. To me, the admission of her part in all this seems a bit too big to have been prompted solely by Gene's call to her. Too big for a snap decision to my mind. However, its great that poor Howard's character is restored, a meagre restitution, but still.

I'm trying hard to remember, but cannot recall any incident where Jimmy personally and deliberately inflicted violence on anyone. Seems too big a step for Gene with the dog's - surprisingly heavy - ashes.

I too, wondered had Jeff decided to make a decoy move to let Gene escape. Also, what was that about when Gene went to the door and turned the lock and hesitated? Why was Jeff there at all? Actually, why was Gene in the house at all? Well, It was just a means to get Marion to bust Gene - using the computer and skills Gene gave her, hahaha.

Does Marion know that Gene works in Cinnabon? If not, then Gene might have time to organise an escape. I liked nullzero's idea of Slippin' Jimmy actually slipping and ending up in the clutches of the law, irony.

I think whatever caused him to pass out in the Cinnabon shop and end up in hospital, is going to come back to finish him off, perhaps just when he thinks he has escaped. I don't think a conviction is achievable in one episode. Handcuffed in the back of a patrol car is definitely not a satisfactory ending to a show of this calibre. whoops just removed a spoiler for BB. Suffice to say I expect as much high drama from BCS as we saw in the finale of BB. One final opportunity for Jimmy to redeem himself - sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll be thinking about a couple of scenes from this episode for a long time. Carol Burnett and Rhea Seahorn were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Except Gus Fring killed all the remaining Salamanca's in Mexico, the rest of them died during Breaking Bad, Hector was the last one.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Judging by the parallels between Walter White and Gene in the last few episodes I'm totally expecting it to end in the same way for Gene... Croaking it as the cops are finally closing in on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Not liking the last 2 episodes at all....

Soooo slow, and B&W ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dmn22

If you thought those 2 episodes were slow I am extremely surprised you made it to the penultimate episode.

I preferred them to the ones involving Lalo, Gus etc as we knew what was going to happen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Strange criticism at this point of the show. It hasn't exactly been a breakneck speed kind of affair, comparatively speaking the last episode was at a decent pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Watched BB back in the day and up to date with BCS, but have never seen El Camino. Reckon it's a must-watch before this is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

He won’t die… can’t do Walter white ending again

Getting busted and going to jail seems to obvious though he probably will

a curve ball maybe ? It was all a dream ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him dying, but under very different circumstances to what most people expect. It might all get too much for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

The glaring omission for me is why didn't Gene tell Marion that he would bring Jeffy down with him - that may at least have stopped her from shopping him immediately and bought some time for him to organise another identity. I guess for all his smarts and quick thinking, he was caught on the hop here?

Thought the same about the Fargo accents in Florida, guess they are blow-ins. Kim's boyfriend would remind me of Jesse Plemons in Fargo.

Last scene will be Jimmy's funeral, Kim and partner at the graveside - final words, "Yup"

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not a must-watch for the finale of BCS I'd say. I doubt there'll be anything linking the two.

It's worth a watch as a completionist, just because it does show what happened to Jesse after the events of BB, but it's not fantastic. I actually enjoyed it more on second viewing recently, but lower your expectations for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I assumed that jail was foreshadowed when Saul/Gene was breaking in to the Marks house. The shadows of the door on the wall looked like iron bars of a jail.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don’t think so. It did not really add anything new. Found El Camino disappointing by BB/BCS standards. It was like an extra long filler episode of either series.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've gotten that sense a few times in the Gene timeline. Even when he was staring at the mixer in the heist episode, the bars on the mixer spinning around with his face in the background looked like he was spinning in and out of jail bars, like he was at a crossroads while coming up with his plan and going ahead with it could lead him to prison.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭fran38

Who has tried cinnabon on here? I've been to their places in Dubai and Yerevan.

I thought he’d end up in jail. Given that nobody in BB or BCS has.

But I don’t think there’s enough time in one episode. the writers are so deliberate in their pacing, I don’t that they’d suddenly rush a manhunt, a capture and jailing, plus tying off whatever happens to Kim and Jeff, in one hour. Unless Saul suddenly turns himself in. So, purely on the fact that there is only an hour left, I’m leaning toward him dying somehow as the net closes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anyone else look at Kim's new life and think dam, is my life really that boring?! Yep, yep, yep

BBQs, sex, solid job, birthday party’s, nice home, good head of hair….. looks like a great life to me !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was listening to Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould speaking about the episode on the official podcast and they were at pains to point out they weren't making fun of anyone with the way Kim's life was portrayed. It was to show how dissatisfied Kim herself is with her situation - although there's certainly an argument she has earned some 'penance' time.

She has withdrawn so much and is so terrified of making any decisions (even down to decisions around mayonnaise substitutes!) that she's just become a shell of her former self. Kim, at her best, was a person capable of doing genuine good - the Jesse conversation was a good reminder of that here. But now (and I'm paraphrasing Gould here) she's so afraid of causing any harm that she's lost the capacity to do any good either. As that hilariously bleak sex scene showed, she's just drifting through life without any sort of agency or passion of her own.

I definitely agree it was more to show the tragedy of Kim's destination, albeit with some 'mundane modern life' satire thrown in for good measure. There were some definite echoes of this scene in the Florida sequences :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I hadn't even heard of it until BCS. In fact, I thought it was a made up thing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I also saw a parallel with Walter in terms of wasted talent. Walt's chemistry knowledge meant he was massively overqualified for a teacher just as Kim's skill and intelligence is totally wasted as a brochure writer. They are both capable of achieving so much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭rodders999

I figured it was just down to the long passage of time between BB and BCS when I commented on Jesse looking and sounding so noticeably different in his cameo completely forgetting about El Camino which was only released in 2019 when he looked exactly as he did in BB

Advertisement