Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare warm and dry August week ahead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

All three Dublin stations reporting 20 degrees at 9am, a big jump in the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - High Temperature warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Very warm or hot on Friday and Saturday with maximum temperatures generally of 27 to 29 degrees and locally higher. Warm overnight with minimum temperatures generally around 15 degrees. Temperatures may not be as high in coastal areas due to sea breezes, particularly in the northwest.

Impacts:

• Heat stress, especially for the more vulnerable of the population

• High Solar UV index

• Risk of water related incidents

Valid: 12:00 Friday 12/08/2022 to 06:00 Sunday 14/08/2022

Issued: 09:13 Thursday 11/08/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

20 degrees at 9am at the three Dublin stations. Im predicting 28.7 for Casement!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just shy of 23c in South Laois for the 10am (9UTC) recordings.

Thats 1.5c warmer than same time yesterday.

Overnight low 9.1c.

5mm soils are 21.5c!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dublin AP, Dunsany and Phoenix Park all reporting 23c at 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Getting close to 25c in south Laois now, almost an hour sooner than yesterday!

Not a hint of a breeze here, not a cloud in the sky and no haze whatsoever. Humidity already sub 60%, glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Slight breeze in Loughlinstown at the moment but it's appreciated, working from home and the window open I'm happy to see

Already 26°c in Kildare with 46% humidity

• Advertisement

Oak park, Phoenix park and Dublin airport 25 degrees at 11am

Getting up towards 26c now in south Laois. Almost 90 minutes sooner than yesterday.

That's a third day on the trot above 25c - two more for official heatwave status.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo is lovely. We rarely have to travel anywhere coz everything we want is here scenery n beauty wise. Plus there doesn't be the throngs that are in Leinster and Munster so you get space.

Weather in West is 6c less than East today so if it hits 30c in Carlow we'll get 24c. Yesterday at beach it was 22c in middle of day but was 18c by 5pm. Mullaghmore gets more shelter because it faces a different direction than Rosses Pt. Currently 18c at beach. For heat 12 to 5 will be over 20c then dropping away quick again. But today is the last day that happens coz from tomorrow it gets much more humid so evenings will be 20c at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very light sea breeze keeping temperatures pegged back to 24C in Loughlinstown but its azure blue skies again, amazing weather.

Went for a run before work as i nearly died earlier this week in the heat after work, never seen so many people up and about in the lovely cool early morning air. A summer to remember for sure.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

25.6C here in Waterford City or 78.1 F if you're old-fashioned like me. And that's at 11.49 AM.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com/

Now 27.1c 27.2c in Durrow - not even midday! 😮 It was 1.15pm yesterday before we got this warm.

Humidity is dropping as fast as the temperatures are rising, high 40%s.

27.4c in Kildare at midday but a NEly breeze has set in so could cap the temperature

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Steady climb here this morning near the coast in Kerry , from a low of 11.1C with a heavy dew now reached 23.6C.

27°c at Oak Park midday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

27°c in Oak Park at midday. Impressive.

Ah I was beaten to it.

• Advertisement

27 at oak park at 12pm, Dub stations at 26

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

All the Dublin stations at 26c at 1200. I see the E/sea breeze has kicked in for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

HARMONIE model is showing a maximum of 30° today and a maximum of 32° tomorrow, inland SE (Carlow vicinity) in both cases. Met Eireann may begin to mention more frequently that the all time record of 31.5° for August could be broken tomorrow. HARMONIE only goes out 48 hours

UKMO going for a max of 29° for today and 30° for both tomorrow and Saturday.

Several models are showing that Saturday will have more widespread very high temperatures than tomorrow so it'll be interesting what HARMONIE makes of Saturday, when it comes within its timeframe.

Seeing as we already have an official 27° at noon would lead me to believe that HARMONIE is likely to be the most accurate in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Found this stat amusing.. 25.8C at Dublin Apt at midday is its highest August temp since 1995.

Was speaking to Met Eireann a few minutes ago and again last night, I've been encouraged to keep a close eye and report maxes in the evenings. I get a sense they feel August record is under threat.

After a half hour pause in temperature movement, its now rising again towards 28c.

Damn how do you find all this stuff, you're class! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

As 32 C in August is now looking increasingly likely, a thought occurred to me.

Would this be the first time that two separate months in Ireland have recorded a temperature of 32 C or more in the same calender year ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

24.5C now here near Tralee.

Not often you see the sat pic so clear.

Advertisement