Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saucony wear and tear

• 11-08-2022 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of saucony guide 15 about 6 weeks ago and I've done 140 miles in them, they don't seem every durable to me, I've attached an image of some wear and tear on them already. Only run on paved roads with them so not sure if this is standard for this brand? Never had any issues like this with the various nikes I've used

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Nothing but good experiences here and I've been buying there shoes for the last 8 years or so. Tried few other brands but always go back to Saucony guides. Never had any issues.

Where did you purchase them? Not that I've ever needed to contact them, but their customer service is excellent from comments I've read elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭racersedge

Is that the inside or the outside of your shoe? If it’s the inside, I’d assume your issue in the upper part around by the laces might be from maybe clipping that part every now and then with your other shoe as you lift it. I’ve done it with my Triumphs, where I clip my inside heel or that part of the shoe and the fabric just tears away after a while (interestingly, I’ve only done this on the Triumphs, which probably has a more plush upper compared to racing shoes which are more streamline up there). Another telltale sign of that is if you have some little dirt marks on your heels where you might of had brief contact between strides.

So that is one possibility as to why you have a tear in the upper. Haven’t a clue what might be the cause to your issue on the lower heel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

yes its the inside, I could be clipping the top, the bottom seems very odd, longest run in them has only been 17 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Never had any bother with any model of Saucony's. Can you return them ? Seems like a faulty pair.

Advertisement