Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

You are down the country aren't you banie?

Pay for postage and it's yours

Yeah I'm down in Limerick. I'll drop you a PM with my details and you can let me know your preferred payment by reply. Happy to do whatever suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Decided to go back to a genuine titanium bracelet and bezel for my gshock.. expensive at around 500 euro but no comparison to the feel and finish of the faketanium I had from AliExpress

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tmg

seiko mm200 with marinemaster 300 hands on a nice nato

• Advertisement

I finally got around to putting the "new" style bracelet with the micro-adjust onto the Seamaster GMT. I'd love if I could swap the old style "professional" clasp onto the new bracelet and keep the adjustment, it just won't work tho 😕 Other than that? I'm happy with the result.

The Sinn U2 I bought on Chrono24 from Norway, has FINALLY been scanned into AnPost. It was posted on the 20/7 so it has been a long while in limbo.

It should be here on Monday along with the 103 Destro back from P&P so I'll have a very Sinn heavy collection again 😁

Edit

FFS it looks like the U2 will be going back to Norway for some reason. I mean there was no attempted delivery and I can only assume there's an address issue. That's after bursting my wee bubble 😕

**2nd Edit**

AnPost's twitter team got back to me this morning and have said the Electronic customs data is missing. Passed the info to the seller and the wait continues.

Post edited by banie01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Out for our evening walk watching the sun go down. Still absolutely love this watch. I hadn't actually worn it for the last few weeks as my new Turtle was getting a lot of wrist time and I don't like wearing leather straps in the heat. Longest it had been off my wrist since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Lume pic is savage . Very impressive.

what’s the model ref?

Stowa Flieger Classic 40 Baumuster B

See they've changed the automatic to a Selita movement. Mine's an ETA 2824. I was tempted to go for a handwinder but the were only offering the selita in that at the time. I'll probably get a classic dial flieger at some stage with one but I might go with Laco for that to get the classic case shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

Excellent lume shot 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I actually thought that was a laco. I struggle with stowa’s pricing as they are not cheap when compared with laco or steinhart and they seem to be in the same field .Next time I see a reasonably priced used one I’ll pick it up to get some 1st hand experience.

Also not mad on Selita movements. My Tudor royal day date has one and I had to send that back within 48hrs of owning it .Only watch I recall ever sending back for an issue. Doesn’t feel the same quality as anything else when winding it either - not a fan of it .

Got mine on Christmas sale so it was cheaper! Laco with same movements are only a little cheaper though and if you upgrade to top grade there's nothing in it. Though they do offer Miyota autos and Ronda quartz so you can get cheapish ones. If they offered sterile dials in these I'd be much more tempted by them.

https://www.laco.de/en/watches/pilot-watch-original/pilot-watch-memmingen-42mm-handwinding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I'm back from a few days in Kerry. Wore the doxa sub 300T sightseeing in the morning, snorkelling in the afternoon.

Mid summer watch tan lines, I assume we all have one here

I've put the IWC back onto the AP bands flieger strap and must say it really does suit the watch far better than the Croc strap I usually wear it on.

Also in the photo, my broken left foot 😕 I managed to fracture it yesterday by literally falling out my front door in an effort to be nice. No good deed goes unpunished and all that 😂

I'm on a roll today. Here's a picture of a recent acquisition that I returned to the seller. It's a Girard -Perregaux with a 352 quartz from 1973. It had two issues, it had stopped in transit, resetting it got it running again. Secondly someone resizing the extender it was on,had scratched up that part of the clasp. I have one GP of the same vintage so I could compare to that, and I kinda wanted a spare/donor. But this one wasn't up to that rolre.

Catawiki were pretty good on the issue, buyer agreed to a return. Payment refunded after seller confirmed returned parcel, catawiki hold the cash in escrow,bit like ebay.

I broke a rule I read somewhere, where you must never buy a watch from someone claims in the description that it comes from his personal collection. White gloves are another no-no,apparently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not me. At Dracula's office party I'd still be the palest fecker in the room. 😁 I neither tan nor burn for some odd reason. Clearly I was some genetic experiment by the KKK. 😂

I have a real fondess for that 70's style of bracelet. Always looked like The Future(tm) to me.

Currently wearing this today as the evening draws in...

I love its oddball sounding tick and drunken wobbly seconds hand.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Something that would sit nicely next to your evening read today Wibbs 😉

Clostermann's Spitfire Mk IX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭893bet

Last 30 minutes trying get young lad to sleep. Hordes of screaming kids at the caravan window.

If machine guns were legal I would be in prison now.

A 2.5hr drive to work in the morning. Not looking no forward to that. Was supposed to be “WFH” aka doing as little as I could get away with tomorrow but gotta be on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Off the top of my head, at a minimum you want tweezers, screwdrivers, rodico cleaning putty, hand setting tools and a good magnifying glass - open an account with cousinsuk and it can all be got for not much cash. Maybe a bezel removal tool, but a thin, strong knife can do the trick there. If you're changing the crystal, you probably need a press - they're hard to get cheap.

For a donor watch, I think some SteelDive models are interchangeable with Seiko SKX/SRPD models. If you like pilot watches, you can build one relatively cheaply with Chinese parts. Here's one I did a while ago:

Fitting the seconds hand is what gets me every time - the precision required is beyond what my eyesight and fine motor skills allow for these days. The hour and minute hands are generally OK for me, unless the dial has tall indices which increases the chance of the minutes hand catching on them.

• Advertisement

My Sinn 103 Destro (Military mkIV) arrived back a short while ago and is already on wrist.

When I wear it, I wonder why I ever decided to try and sell it in the 1st place. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but, it really does spark a little joy in me any time I check the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

This has really turned into my go to watch for nearly everything. With the recent heat I might think about getting a rubber strap, but apart from that I wouldn't change a thing about it.

My Seiko spb149 - on strapcode jubilee that was included in the sale. It's back from the Seiko boutique. Not much info on what to they actually did to it. Have phoned to get some details and they going to get back to me tomorrow.

Seiko Boutique (timemark service centre) emailed me back this morning - they regulated the watch to within spec. So far seems solid 24 hours later. Easy enough transaction - i posted into them they had it a few weeks and posted back to me - would have been quicker only their watchmaker was on holidays in the middle of it

I made an attempt at putting together the GMT I gathered parts for. It went together easily enough, hand pushers were most definitely needed.

The main stumbling block now? Is that I never thought of how to size the stem🤦‍♂️ only as I assembled everything and fitted it to the case.

I'm happy with how everything looks, even the black datewheel 😁 I do plan on dropping it in to my local watchmaker to get the stem sorted and make sure my hame fisted attempt to reset the keyless works actually worked.

Will get everything lined up and a pressure test too while I have them check it over.

Edit

I've managed to fix the keyless works and the watch runs fine with the stem from the donor movement. So what I need from the local watchmaker has reduced at least 😁

Hopefully it'll just be a case of getting him to size the stem and pressure testing. A little video of the watch running uncased.

Post edited by banie01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

Nicely done 👍

Picked this up from tz forums. Someone else had a wanted add up for one but passed on this one.. I had the same watch before.. missed it. I had wondered about servicing this but it winds buttery smooth compared to the last one I had. It's in excellent condition as well. At 11 years old it's probably due a service but the seller said he hardly wore it which I'm inclined to believe and the strap hardly seems broken in

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That Stowa is really nice, one of my favourites

• Advertisement

That Stowa is stunning mick. Love the propeller minute hand. A Stowa Marine is very much on my shortlist for my next big watch purchase.

Trying out the moon/lume shots again on our walk. Moon looking very orange tonight. Which reminds me I really must pick up a black rubber strap or the bracelet for the watch, the orange is a bit bright in some situations. The Promaster has very much replaced my g shocks as my daily beater for work. Much as I like them I just prefer a clean old fashioned analogue dial.

Can't decide if I'd prefer that the pip had the blue lume but I can see that having it a different shade is good for contrast if using the bezel.

Advertisement