Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Seems Primal Scream have finished up a couple of weeks back, which is a shame.

Supergrass doing the Taylor Hawkins tribute show in Wembley Saturday.

Wet Leg in the States. 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

James at a UK festival week before EP, then in Spain 10 days after. A strong contender surely!

The Stunning, Something Happens and Mundy been doing dates together, could be added as three acts to EP.

Others that seem to have a gap EP weekend: Hot Chip, Jake Bugg, Kings of Leon, Dry Cleaning, The Magnetic Fields, First Aid Kit, Inhaler (who seem to be supporting Arctic Monkeys everywhere).

That concludes my rabbit-holing.

Not long now, surprise me EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

My little tired heart hopes for pillow queens, Jesse ware, caribou, something happens, Krystal klear and Neil flynn…oh and of course chic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

I think she's great as pop goes, cracking tunes, beats Gavin James or whatever's coming, but each to their own... besides at this point she's a bigger act that all our headliners put together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Wishlist:

The James, W. H. Lung, bdrmm, Working Men's Club, Confidence Man, Therapy?, Freeflow in Freetown, Literally any jungle/DnB DJ for Trenchtown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Good luck today boys and girls.

I hope Santy brings you what you want.

Do they drop the line-up at 9am, to coincide with the ATN main ticket sale as part of the ever escalating bullshit marketing wars?

How I see today going:

1. Go to: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/
    2. Press F5
    3. Repeat

I am assuming it will be announced there first?

Oh it'll probably be released via a QR code that links to a Tik-Toc Gleep Glorp or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Duck, last night I contacted EP especially for you, and told them they need to get their finger out and add ‘just mustard’ and also get them on the lineup poster for morning time! They agreed so you owe me a pint 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Have EP actually said they are releasing lineup today or are we basing this on that article in the Leinster newspaper from last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Anyway, if there is another announcement I'm gonna guess that Foals is the big headline act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This is what was sent through the mailing list, so today's the day alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Would love to see ConMan again and they said surprise for EI/UK fans coming. . . but they're in middle of AUS tour.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,498 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭glennponder

I still think there is a big headliner to be announced, Friday night and Sat is pretty weak.....that said I would also love one of james, suede or supergrass....all 3 even better.....have a horrible feeling we're getting Lewis capaldi and Sam fender though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A term of endearment only permitted to James' inner circle, of which Rubick is one. Obvs.

It just saves the inevitable "James who?" query.

Wearing my latest t-shirt, the All The Colours Of You daisy in black.

Every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭crl84

Hopefully they release the day breakdown in this "big announcement".

• Advertisement

In between their customer two Dermot Kennedy songs per hour, Today FM played Lewis Capaldi during the week, and I had the same fear. I daren't look up his availability.

Then on the other hand he will draw a huge crowd away from all other events in the slot, which suits me.

He's at the O2 in London Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd. Hopefully that rules him out, but he's a young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Can anyone see issue with my itinerary for Friday?

1. Leave Dublin at 7:30
    2. Arrive Red Car Park at 9.
    3. Pitch in Janis Joplin about 10.
    4. Save space for mates by spreading tents out a bit.
    5. When friends arrive about 12, push tents in.

Am I being too optimistic about space? Sorry for distracting away from chat about who's being announced today!

Been quite a few years since we arrived on the Friday, but can you pick a car park? We're always directed to Green (or whatever the Paintball Entrance one is) on Thursdays - do they fill that then open Red or can you actually choose? Aside from that, Joplin should be grand to save space in. We used to have a squad from Derry with us so it was a challenge to save space for them in Hendrix but those days are looong gone for us.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1975 have taken RATM slot at Reading/leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Appropriately big enough, not sure they'd be "heavy" enough?

edit : ignore me, R/L seem to have gone much poppier in their line ups than I remembered

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Muse starting a world tour in Spain 8th Sept. Too big for 2nd announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

you are getting 1975 and you will love it. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Cough Cough Foals

• Advertisement

Keep forgetting about Foals, that would be acceptable.

Advertisement