Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

It was an unsafe and very risky course of action to attempt to needlecraft every man, woman and child with something that was new technology, undertested and had no long term data. In time the damage wrought by the sacred needlecraft will come to light.

I suspect that lots of the more ardent needlecraft defenders subconsciously know how gullible they've been, feel a bit silly and have a fear of any long term issues that could arise in the future. Maybe they secretly envy the purebloods who held out despite the pressure, villification, mockery and ostracisation from society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Obviously a very serious situation for this person, but it goes to show that all this anti-vax BS can and does have an impact. Empowering (sorry to be blunt but) stupid people to think they can make medical judgements themselves. Note how she is asking for validation at the end.

And yes, the "I don't get it, I'm just asking questions" anti-vax club is on exactly the same level as straight up anti-vaxxers, they are just more deceptive about their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Unfortunately I had to work through covid and so missed out on the free knitting classes. What stitch types have you learned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

As a matter of interest what is the EPV's take on the 40% of eligible persons who have not taken their first boosters. Are they anti-vaxxers ignorant or lazy?. Are they risking others? The second boosters will have far less take up again. It looks like well over half the country dont trust the vaccine to do what its meant to do.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

If I post a screen grab from facebook from "A real mom" whose child had some horrific covid vaccine injury would that show that covid vaccines are not safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At least you put quotes around the supposed mom yourself anyway.

This type of propaganding does not advance your case as a smart person. You think you are smarter than a vaccine sceptic and can post images from twitter and facebook that have been redacted and edited. I could edit that picture and show the picture of a recently vaxxed baby that is seriously sick and the mother regretting the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kernkraft500

your blood can't be pure if you're full of bullshit

In fairness he is not a million miles wrong. If there is a new vaccine (there will be) who are they going to benchmark it against? The unvaxxed or the ones who got the shite vaccine.

like they always have ... people who have received the new vaccine and who haven't... benchmarking with caveats makes zero sense

• Advertisement

But with caveats makes the safe covid vaccine sound really really scary!

considering we're at a point where the majority of the population has had some sort an immune response to at least 1 variant of Covid, through either vaccine or infection (unless you've been sitting isolated the last 2 years) ... the idea of a "pureblood" is a complete misnomer, and scientifically incorrect to even try to differentiate and distinguish a benchmark against.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There's no such thing as "EPVs".

And this has nothing to do with vaccine safety.

Also it's a term from Harry Potter.

Which is appropriate for the fantasy world anti-vaxxers seem to live in.

We're also getting that same silly euphemism of "needlecraft".

The fact that many of them seem to repeatedly use it makes me thing it's something on the the Twitter grifters must use a lot.

only the un-vaccinated are allowed to play quidditch, no half or mud bloods

You have completely missed the point

Internet quacks and anti-science contrarians have been fearmongering about vaccines since the year dot, long before you started your personal crusade on this forum, and unfortunately it does have ramifications.

Certain individuals are fixated on and act hysterical over a handful of deaths/injuries from vaccines, they are unconcerned about the millions who have died to preventable infectious diseases, they ignore the millions of lives that vaccines have saved. This selective "concern" is of course irrational and completely contradictory. Unfortunately the disinfo and "just concerned" doubt-mongering these individuals produce does get out there, it spreads on social media, it's reported that a dozen people produce up to 65% of anti-vax propaganda. It can and does influence certain people to avoid medical treatment which can have serious effects. Ironically and very grimly, anti-vax propaganda is probably responsible for more deaths than vaccines. Far more.

Sorry to interrupt this, please go on "asking questions" for your "concerns" about vaccine safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

The differentiation is between the needlecrafted and the unneedlecrafted with the latter acting as a sort of control group.

This control group is an inconvenience for the rabid pro-vaxxers and for the governments who tried to reduce this control group as much as possible by doing their best to get everyone jabberwockied.

even if you have someone in the control who declares themselves as unvaccinated, if in Ireland or UK, they have over 99% possibility of having some sort of trace amount of COVID antibodies in their system from either vaccination or infection.... making that control group null and void...

you are talking crap.

This is just nonsense, it doesn't even make sense. Then again you're openly a Holocaust denier.

If I was posting on something and I noticed the people agreeing with me consistently had these kind of extreme beliefs, or were almost completely incoherent, I would instantly start to question a) my own sanity and b) the veracity of my opinions

Likewise if I thought I knew more than the world's experts and scientists, or that I had "spotted something" they haven't.

These are giant red flags, yet we see them day in day out on this thread.

But why are you using this silly euphemism of "needlecraft"?

It's making you and your fellow conspiracy theorists look a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Whatever the strength of your argument, some screen grab from facebook does not show @that all this anti-vax BS can and does have an impact."

And you have completely missed my point I have been making on here repeatedly.

Whooping cough is a vaccine preventable disease. Covid is currently not.

All this pretending that covid is vaccine preventable, and that the vaccine is working amazingly well as expected, and that coercion never happened, and that there was no shift in policy from individual choice towards mandatory vaccination, and the denial of natural immunity etc etc is damaging trust in all vaccines.

The way to combat damage done by internet quacks and anti-science is contrarians is with honesty and transparency, not revisionism. The Emperor's New Clothes approach to the covid vaccines is just encouraging them.

The way to combat damage done by internet quacks and anti-science is contrarians is with honesty and transparency, not revisionism. The Emperor's New Clothes approach to the covid vaccines is just encouraging them.

But you've been constantly denying that any such anti-science quacks and anti-science contrarians have made any appearance on this thread.

You've constantly ignored false claims when and because they are anti-vaxx.

When you're asked you opinion on these obvious lies, you waffle, dodge or avoid for the most part. Or you outwardly agree, like with the false claims that opened this thread.

Again man, look at who are the only ones who are supporting you on this thread.

Look at who is taking your arguments as evidence for their conspiracies.

Look at where this thread is.

You might have a point if you were actually posting this in a medical forum (and hadn't shown yourself to be a complete anti-vaxxer.)

But you don't post there.

We all know why even if you won't ever be honest enough to admit it.

None of this is a counter argument to anything I have said. It's just yet another attempt to discredit and deflect and derail discussion.

You think that if I don't actively disagree with another poster on another totally separate point, that somehow it means the point I am making is wrong? It's madness.

Look at where this thread is.

You might have a point if you were actually posting this in a medical forum (and hadn't shown yourself to be a complete anti-vaxxer.)

But you don't post there.

We all know why even if you won't ever be honest enough to admit it.

I have addressed this point numerous times. If I said mandatory vaccination is coercion in the covid forum, and somebody like you objected to that comment I would be banned for being an anti-vaxxer. It doesn't matter if what I say is true or not, I would still be banned. Anybody who is considered to be anti covid vaccine is not welcome to post in the thread.

I think it is a silly policy for a discussion forum but those are the rules of the thread and I must respect them if I wish to post in the thread. It is demonstrably false that mandatory vaccination is not coercion, and that natural immunity is inferior to being vaccinated, and that the vaccines were approved to reduce the severity of infections, rather than to prevent infections etc etc, so I have no wish to post in the thread.

You know this as well as I do.

What does mandatory vaccine have to do with safety? Maybe you’d be banned for persistently posting off topic on the covid forums.

It's a vaccine megathread, so mandatory vaccination would be very much on topic there, as here.

Claiming mandatory vaccination is not coercion is just one of many examples of how people are willing to either ignore reality or attempt to redefine reality when it comes to the covid vaccines. Hence my Emperor's New Clothes comments.

Ignoring reality in the context of such a newly developed vaccine is very much a safety issue.

No, it's a counter to your argument that the best way to deal with the misinformation is to ignore it, pretend it doesn't happen, support the people who spread, coddle them and agree with them.

It's also a counter to your false claim that you're concerned about trust in the vaccines or in truth in general.

And yes, that's why you post there, only without the spin you're putting on it. You are an anti-vaxxer. Your tactics are straight out of anti-vaxxers playbooks. It's got nothing to do about them disallowing criticism of the vaccines.

So why do you believe the mods are doing this?

You've been asked many many times and you refuse to answer.

This is because you believe, like your fellow conspiracy theorists that the mods are part of a conspiracy to silence you.

No, it's a thread about vaccine safety. Read the title.

Conspiracy theorists have just dragged the topic off and on topic at the whims of their twitter feeds and to avoid the fact they've not actually shown any safety issues that they've uncovered.

Nor have they explained a rational, coherent conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You might get 'hairsplitted' because your reply to Phish.../Home.... missed his 'here and there' equivocation. I don't think Phish.../Home... said 'this is a vaccine megathread.' It isn't - I don't follow that thread, is Phish.../Home... banned there?

And, because of the hairsplitting, covid vaccines are dangerous/unsafe/... </s>

All the paranoid "I don't want to live in fear but Bill Gates and Soros are out to get me" cranks that have been banned from normal discussion elsewhere on boards have ended up here because their sh1t isn't tolerated anywhere else. Now they're trying to take over the safety thread and turn int into a megathread because, after 350 pages, they haven't really been able to point out that they're unsafe. Go figure.

• Advertisement

cranks that have been banned from normal discussion elsewhere on boards have ended up here because their sh1t isn't tolerated anywhere else

Kind of ironic that you are posting this in a thread you are banned from.

Advertisement