Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Beat the last bosses. Enjoyable game but enough now until the DLC is released I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I just did Horah myself. Same strat with cold nagakiba and mimic to double up the freeze effect. I would have got him on 2nd go but controller battery pooped just as I had him - I thought he did some stuck in place spell, didn't know what was happening.

Too tired now to push on plus I'll keep an achievement for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So now have mats and NPC needed for respec when I decide what to do stat wise.

Have both items for the lift aswell so just need to decide if I wanna try get more done in Caelid before leaving. Did the castle, the academy and the Manor in the west. Feel im done with limgrave and liurnia

I'm trying to keep side quests going aswell but hard to keep track so I've probably messed a few up at this point.

Just did Elden Beast and it was harder than I anticipated. Then realised my gear and talismans had next to zero holy negation. A change of outfit and going with Tiche instead of Mimic and we got the job done on the next attempt. I'm going to try get a few of the endings in one swoop on xbox when I've a bit of time tomorrow

I guess I'm not done, just found another underground area chasing up the leads I have from the carian manor😂

Very impressive looking. These areas remind me of blackreach in skyrim, in a good way. Plenty of nooks and crannies to explore

Twinblade is now +13 and dex is 30 with keen affinity to get B scaling for dex. I'm gonna re roll and get strength to say 20 then dex to 35, a bit for mind for summons and 25 endurance and vigor to 35. That sound about right for starting the second area?

Also using the samurai base armor, longbow +3, buckler +3. Got the squid shield but it's a tad heavy. Banished knight engvall +3 for a summon. I did just get latenna and deenh aswell today though🤔

I did look at the wiki for weapons that scale well with dex and there's a certain one that scales with dex from the yura questline so I reckon I'm gonna stay with the twinblade till I manage to get that. I've one step left in that quest. I hope going full dex pays off but least I can respec again if needed

• Advertisement

Is Yura the guy with the mousetrap helmet? I think got my beloved Nagakiba from him which is what I used to finish the game. Its just a big ass katana which I frosted up. Not as flashy as Moonveil but did allow me to add bloodhound step which then finally made the game feel something like Sekiro - although nothing comes close to Sekiro

I wouldn't bother investing points in mind unless you are going to start using spells regularly. There are other ways to boost FP so that you can summon the more powerful spirits.

Fingerprint shield with holy and the talisman that buffs against holy damage do wonders for the last two fights.

Yup I was aware of that but it was an Int build and I was too stubborn to do a respec - looking back, my build was totally arsed for the weapon I finished the game with. Sure I had to go two handed just to hold the Nagakiba.

Yeah thats him, ooh I didn't know about the katana from him, im after Eleonoras polearm. I still haven't found a katana yet, was considering buying the base one but said I'd wait till I find a named one.

• Advertisement

Seems an age ago but I'm sure there's a katana to pick up in catacombs near warmaster shack, also I remember getting something useful for killing the boss in there but not a chance I can remember what that was.

So I went and got that catacombs done and it's the base katana, least I didn't have to buy it and it's pretty sweet, thanks for the headsup😎

I noticed I'm pretty much the samurai class now, using a katana, got the Reed armor and Use a bow🤣

I seem to be seeing a lot more bloody fingers now, which is great as its just farming weapons at this point.

Also kept my eye out for the items someone mentioned as giving a boost to FP without putting points in mind, pretty sure I have 2 of them as of now.

Might actually turn out well, I can get those mind levels back with respec but still be able to use my summons with the items. Current goal is vigor 40, dex 40, endurance 25 and if I have enough strength 20. Not even sure I I need the strength but have found being able to use the large club against crystal enemies handy🤷‍♂️

Yeeeesssss, just got the polearm( requires 19 arcane😭)and the katana and finished the quest😁

Awesome, what a game😅

I reckon that's the end of the twinblade now, gonna use Yura's katana until I have the arcane for eleonoras polearm

Can't say I've ever played a game as densely packed with content as this, no pickup/trophy fodder, at minimum you at least usually get an enemy to face that's somewhat unique to an area.

Some of the content is somewhat copy pasted but just about unique enough for me that I've no issue spending a night doing lesser dungeons, probably 80% of the loot not that useful for class but fun none the less imo

I've 3 great runes, got a bunch of weapons.

Dual wielding a katana with a twinblade, both blood loss ,and working on levelling arcane for quicker buildup. Dex at 45(thank you talisman👌), arcane 14.

Feel like I'm entering the final phase of the game, lot of quests coming together.

For me, the best rpg I've ever played by a mile, God of War probably the closest but still. How do series like elder scrolls and witcher live up to this? The combat is so superior in elden ring to anything so far in either series, big hill for Bethesda or CDPR to climb regarding quality

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Elden Beast is a pain in the neck.

Sup up your holy negation damage and it will help a lot. Found Radagon the tougher of the two myself.

Getting close to Elden Beast and attacking his sides helps.

The combat is what sets these games apart compared to other RPGs. The intricate world building is also excellent. God of War is probably one of the more similar ones in recent years.

Never been a fan of the Scrolls games so can't compare.

If you enjoyed this, you should give Sekiro a go, but it is a big step up in difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All the AOE and homing attacks wouldn't be half as bad if he just stayed in one place for more than 10 seconds. Even if he had double or triple the HP, it's just getting and staying close to him that makes that fight such a nightmare.

I got sick of this game in the mountaintops of the giants just after I got there. I'm 150 hours in is there much left? I'll probably get around to it eventually. Never finished DS3 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you could probably complete it within about 10 hours if you push through and ignore any more optional bits, once you finish mountaintop of the giants, theres only one more mandatory area before you can go face the final boss

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah there's only really one area left after Mountaintop of the Giants. Not a massive one, but challenging enough, particularly if you were to try pick it up in a few months rather than being in the swing of things now. Two tough boss fights you can't skip either.

I just hopped on the horse and rode to the sites of grace and then the main boss fight in Mountaintop. Have to admit I was getting a bit sick of the game at that point myself and just wanted to finish. No horse in the next main area though.

After that area, there's just a couple of boss fights to finish the game. Depending on your build/skill, you could probably finish in 5-10 hours if you just bulled through the main path and didn't explore. It would depend on your luck with bosses though. Like I said, some tough fights.

Yeah... might come back to it in a few months. I've gotten sucked back into Hell Let Loose now after the new update.

I'm still playing away, I somehow got myself caught up in progressing the side quests to the detriment of everything else really, next step is dung eater and then ranni quest can continue, its a tad exhausting at times but I love each interaction giving a tiny bit more of the sense of the lore.

I guess I'm just a polearm guy too🤣

Used a katana for a bit but once I tried the godskin peeler with bloody slash ash of war I was hooked, between that at +18 and eleonora polearm at +9 I feel I'm doing well for weapons. Beat a certain duo in nokron and had hoped for a new twinblade option but scales better with strength so meh

Ancient ancestral guy in nokron still seems to be glitched, I missed killing him first go by a whisker but I spawned and he had died and I got the remembrance and runes when I collected my grave, didnt know what had happened until I just looked it up(he fell through floor seemingly🤔)

I've done a lot of co-op with a friend aswell, once we got the hang of the summons we have had some memorable moments🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Finally beat Malenia last weekend I literally only get the one day a week to play this ha! Kinda want to scan the whole map now and figure out what bosses I have left before heading to attempt the last two or three big fights. I have an app on my phone that you can track everything on the map with so I need to sit down and go over it.

I've nearly 200 hours of game time and I think I'm about level 150 so most enemy's are fairly manageable at this stage!

Mohg is good fight if you haven't done it. He's tough but it doesn't feel completely unfair the way some of them do. Once you've beat him you can throw down your sign and help others, good way of rune farming, though a lot of the people who summoned me got instantly wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

He's your man you get the spear for beating? If it's him I've done him the spear is class fully upgraded.

Man **** the shunning grounds🤣

Was exploring for an age before I found dung eater. He's now my b***h though, got his armor, weapon and summon. Although I will say putting rannis quest on hold was painful.

Finished a bunch of other quests now, mostly the ones that require the snowfield left which is next area on my list after the capital.

Made a decent amount of progress through the capital and a few of the underground areas in the last few days.

These areas are stunningly intricate and I've lost count of how many times I thought I'd explored an area and then on a run through you catch a glimpse of a drop down or some such.

Inventory is chock a block with all sets of gear. Finally changed armor from land of reeds set to raging wolf set, feels a bit more survivable.

Eleneora's polearm is just amazing, the ash of war can sometimes lead to gravity deaths but very fun to use.

I've 9 larvel tears now aswell, gonna respec at some point soon and try a different build.

Does anyone from here coop? I'd be up for getting helped/try helping others if people were up for it

Is that the area below the capital to get the alternate ending? I had considered that but heard it was a nightmare so I haven't gone there but I kind of want to.

• Advertisement

Yup. The Shunning Grounds.

All the way to the bottom of the area. You can get the frenzy flame ending I believe, i accessed it through a well in the capital. Hyetta quest is the quest for it, grapes everywhere(😁), can be done at any time I think if all you want is the loot and not the ending.

What's considered spoilers at this stage of the games life? Not really sure😅

Something happened after beating the final boss for that quest that made me question weather I want that ending. Lock's you out of all others unless you do certain stuff as well.

Beat the main boss of the capital as well tonight, powered his rune and hopefully to the snowfield, the fogged area on the map looks large so expecting multiple zones maybe.

The ruins really do start coming thick and fast when you get to a certain point,which is great. I've enjoyed being able to level consistently then.

Following the quests has slowed my levelling for sure, spending time going back to areas where your getting T1/2/3 loot that's useless. Exploration aswell, can lose hours to that

Ive enjoyed trying to piece together what I can...Still very confused though🤣

Post edited by EoinHef on

Advertisement