Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

The worst part is... There was no mention of that, when entering the competition, you would be signing up to receive spam messages, and would then have to pay to opt out of the messages you didn't agree to in the first place. Disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's in the TCs and Cs though. This is as standard as it gets across the board

At max, you'll be charged your providers standard message rate (I think it's 7.4 cent). Hardly worth saying it's disgraceful

Again, it's in the TCs and Cs of the competition that this can happen once you enter and they do mention where to go for the TCs and Cs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I was about to comment the same thing. They’re always very clear to check their website to see all the T&Cs.

It’s the equivalent of entering a competition on a website, giving them your email address and it says in the T&Cs that they’ll sign you up to their newsletter when you enter. It’s standard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I'm not having it.

To be honest I don’t mind a text message reminding me to enter if it means I’ve a chance at winning over €70k.

I always wonder if the people who miss the call ever figure out what call it was that they missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I think I heard one of the presenters mention that it comes up as a blocked number. I imagine many people including myself would ignore blocked numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I was listening once a couple of months ago when yer man's call was answered and he opened with "Hi, can you take a call?" and the person answered "Eh, no, I'm busy" and hung up!

I remember that! I would assume he had been getting scam calls and went into autopilot, only to realise what he’d done after hanging up. You’d be so sick about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The usual caller for the "Cash Machine" is Barry Dunne from 98FM. Newstalk often mention, when referring to the "Cash Machine", that Barry will be making that call after 3pm! I imagine that some listeners to specific stations, now owned by Bauer Media, think the "Cash Machine" is for that particular station, when, in reality, they are "playing across the Go Loud Network", to use the phrase on Newstalk.

They literally hear "and you're playing across the Go Loud Network" on every station, once per show (or per hour?), so they've no excuse for not knowing! 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I take then that regular advertisers Go Breaks and Go Dating are owned by the same company?

I think the Go Breaks one is, all right.

<sigh> Go Loud, Go Breaks, Go Dating, Go eff yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭ofcork

I like block rockin beats although the prodigy are well overplayed jenny has moved away from old school alright was a let down when i saw her played no old stuff whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

I listened properly this weekend to BRB and noticed the "filler" tunes. Last night Basehunter and tonight Jamiroquoi....Basehunter doesn't belong on Decs shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Claire Becks Saturday night show is so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭prunudo

Said it before but Jennys friday night show about 8 years ago was great show, don't like the style of music she has taken now on Saturdays.

Back to Today Fm, was able to listen to Friday and Saturdays BrB this weekend, I'd be afraid the 2 night format could be overkill and ruin what used be great listening, hearing songs you hadn't heard for years.

As it is, they've ruined some songs already, tired of Spqr at this stage amongst others, which is a shame as its a great song.

I suspect though, the money people have caught onto the the live show element of BrB and are pushing the show to a wider audience to increase ticket sales.

Also heard a 'best bit' ad of the Breakfast show, but wow, Gift grub is hard on the ears now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭salonfire

I don't think they need to increase ticket sales, pretty much all shows were sold out from what I gathered

The GoLoud web player is an abomination. And Claire Beck's Sat night show is the best thing on radio for me at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gwinn

Agreed, my favourite DJ on TodayFM (and on radio in general) at the moment. I enjoy the Sunday morning All Irish show too.

Paula MacSweeney put on her Instagram story lately that she's already gone on maternity. Any confirmation of who's stepping in to that slot?

• Advertisement

Shelly Gray for the time being.

For the second time this summer Ray Foley has been moved from afternoon to breakfast to cover for Dempsey on holiday while the usual cover girls Claire Beck and Jessica Maciel share covering afternoons.

I wonder if Iano is finally considering turning off that early morning alarm clock permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well as you said it’s twice this summer so while I think Dempsey did say he signed a new contract with today fm I can’t remember how recent it and for how long.

Well, I wasn't suggesting leaving Today FM but just weekday breakfast. Maybe the new 6am start is getting the better of him. Must be at least 2 if not 3 generation of listeners who don't know of a time when there wasn't an Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show on the airwaves. I wouldn't blame him if he decided to wind it down.

Claire Beck isn’t on the radio this weekend. She said on Instagram she needs to take some time off with Shelly Gray and Dec filling in for her shows. Hopefully she’s okay

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gwinn

I didn't cop the "Go..." prefix on both of them at first 😅

I figured Go Dating must have had something to do with the station alright, as Pamela Joyce does the v/o for the ads, and TodayFM used to plug its own site called TodayFM Dating (called Koort Me at one point too?)

As for Go Breaks, I didn't cop that, even though I found it strange that they ended the ad with "as recommended by TodayFM".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭RINO87

Gig at the Picnic maybe? Her live sets are always great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

That’s this weekend though. She wasn’t on at all last weekend.

The presenters that filled in for her said get well soon, so hopefully nothing serious. Gutted I'm not going to the Picnic this year. The Mother gigs are always quality.

Where's Foley today?

• Advertisement

Claire Beck back, yay.

Advertisement