Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I blew up in the office one scaldy day - one of the girls used to sit by the window and only ever wore a very light, flowy top. She told me she was too cold when I opened (all the windows and) the window beside her, I told her I couldn't wear any less than the t-shirt and shorts I was in... she still went into a huff, ffs.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

The Begging Company staff on Main St with their fleece blankets and puffer jackets on scorchy days like this. FFS.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to work in this weather, I've absolutely no interest in being here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When you pay a company for a service and they don’t deliver… Im a huge cricket fan… ordered in a certain subscription sports channel to see these games Ireland playing Afghanistan up in Belfast…firstly the camera angles are decidedly dodgy, then the feed fails, several times… then the message.. ‘ sorry about that, coverage won’t return ‘…… 2022, is it that difficult really to broadcast a sports event ? And have some sort of backup if there is a failure ? Whole businesses and buildings have generators in case of a power outage….. a small system in place such as a mobile backup power generator ? People have paid you for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A *large* number of Dublin cyclists apparently don't understand the concept of pedestrianisation. You're taking your life in your hands walking down or crossing Capel Street.

Actually, add e-scooter w@nkers to that cohort too.

• Advertisement

Secondary TA: when did w@nker get added to the swear list? 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who can't sit still and stay quiet for any length of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Getting peckish from the BBQ smells wafting in from next door!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know if the same thing applies to your place, but our office is North-facing, we had 16 degrees at most despite the heat outside. By comparison, the South-facing corridor was a veritable furnace, but we can't keep the fire doors open, so it's jumpers to deal with the stupid draught down your neck from the air conditioner. And only one of the rads work and badly at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The first two pieces of equipment I got on at the gym tonight were faulty…very unusual and it didn’t matter there was plenty of equipment free but wasted 5 minutes, having to go to the sanitiser station and back twice, to sanitise equipment I hadn’t got to use…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No, I have the opposite problem in work. I actually didn't consider that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and that's why working from home is sooooo much better! 🙂

Spare a thought for those who can't work from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A consultant sending abrupt and rude emails to the lab demanding test results. I explained to her is a very polite email how the testing works and the expected turnaround times for the results she's looking for but I don't think she bothered her hole reading it. We're seen as nothing more than plebs to people like her.

Also, I'm sitting in Spar having breakfast before work and that dykewater dull "Just Forget the World" song by Snow Patrol comes on the radio. That f**king song puts me in bad form. Now that one hit wonder song Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader has just come on 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No Eurovision for Belfast next year. Ragin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What is this new muttering that goes on on Netflix and other series ? I just finished Keep Breathing and loved it but have absolutely no idea what the boyfriends was saying throughout the whole series .He muttered with his mouth almost closed the whole time .What director thinks thats ok to allow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went for a cycle this morning.

Swallowed a fly.

Well I'd the organisers knew Dana would drive them mad of they had it in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Based on your recent activity, we thought you might be interested in this”

The only thing I am interested in is what on earth I might have bought/ browsed that made you think I’d be interested in **** child safety cupboard locks.

I got a Tesco Finest Pizza recently. There was a few days before the use by date. It was brought home fast and refrigerated.

However, when I opened it. It smelt sour.

• Advertisement

Was it a sourdough pizza, by any chance?

Today's TA: People who reply all to a company-wide email with a question that's only relevant to the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Seeing Heritage Week subsumed by non-history orientated groups trying to peddle their own agenda.

I'm not sure biodiversity lectures and such have anything to do with heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not a horse but a deer jumped over the bonnet of the car one day.

And not swallowed either 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Everyone in offices saying "Happy Friday". Is this something that has only started happening in the past few years? I'm not a grump but there's something about that phrase that really grinds my gears. It just seems so silly and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

The voice of Finnie the frog, mascot of the national aquatic centre. It sounds like somebody is squeezing a gremlins nutsack while forcing it to talk through a helium balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

... add to that Wonderful Wednesday, Terrific Tuesday and Marvelous Monday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement