Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Still have Jerry fish to go, don't think any of those acts would be playing there aside from Bronagh Gallagher maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

This is one of the worst EP undercards I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Where's the little bird boll!x who said it'd be worth waiting for?

I'll tell you where, sitting in FR offices laughing their hole off, that's where.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We will never learn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

Wow, the replies to the Twitter announcement. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

There will always be someone way down at the bottom of the poster that will surprise you.

Time to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't know what to say, not great aye, but some of the first announcement pretty decent so will still go to lots of that, will Youtube some of the acts added but quite a few in the crossover from Wild Roots, B&S and ATN and mainly Irish acts at that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

While I know I will still have a great weekend I think EP is losing its allure. At the same time it is increasing numbers it is not drawing the quality of acts it used too, maybe I am just getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

That is embarrassingly bad. Surely they had someone else lined up and it fell through or something?

Anyway, it'll still be great craic, even if my weekend will be entirely spent at smaller stages and wondering around aimlessly, apart from the Pixies and some of the techno stuff. Would love if the pixies clash with one of the sh1tty headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Not much on there for me.

Still Jerry Fish, Freetown and a few other s to come but yeah, there's a significant chance I'll spend most the festival in Trenchtown/Terminus/RITW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I'll point you to Naked Lungs. If you like Gilla Band you'll like them.

Elsewhere i'd opt for Thumper, Silverbacks and Sprints.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

only 100 gecs and yeule I'd want to see of those additions. twitter/facebook always complains but this thread usually is balanced. but it's unanimous disapproval now. worst lineup I can ever remember, the festival is dead to me, long live ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I presume Kinara Kitchen are still playing the Pakistani Cuisine Stage? That's the most important announcement every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Ah no. We won a ticket raffle thing ages ago so we get in for free but I wouldn't pay for a ticket with that lineup. There's 4 acts I'd go and see, probably bump that up to 10 at a stretch after some research. No real must sees apart from maybe Pixies. Next year is the last free ticket, after that I'll be hanging up my EP boots 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

It really would have to be terrible to make a huge difference.

There will always be people who bought tickets and their plans change and they have to offload them at the last minute. The refund option unique for 2020 tickets and not a lot of people realise it is there. I just wonder will the announcement tip the balance of people who are on the fence.

There will still be a few more announcements for the likes of Jerry Fish and The Salty Dog for us to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ohooooooo.😱 The big announcement was definitely quantity over quality.

Fuck me! I wonder how even our most positive member ’Still42’ will find the positive in this!!

The top line of this;

(Coronas -Becky Hill - James Vincent McMorrow -Declan McKenna) Is a seriously off-putting arrangement of names, beyond revolting 🤢 This is something I’d expect of a 2fm x-mass ball or some event geared at 15 year olds.

“the 2 Johnnies” 🤔

Lisa McHugh🥺

Edit: I’m still in shock! A few further down I’ll look forward to;

KKK, if no clashes.

Kneecap😀

Le Boom put on a really great show 2019, but musically a bit weak

Mango x Mathman, depending on clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Yes I’ll have a ball as always & yes there’ll be some acts to be discovered but overall the depth of the whole lineup for me is appalling, really really poor. Dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Thumper are brilliant live. Really like sprints but they are also playing night and day festival so may give them a miss at EP depending on who else on at the same time. Think a few of these might show up at Jerry Fish but hope him and Salty Dog give us a few more decent acts

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭dav09

Honestly they had to have had someone like RATM or someone lined up that cancelled, you can't wait until 3 weeks out before the festival and then be this be the second and most likely last big announcement, no big dance act for Saturday night announced? Although given the the other acts added I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

100 Gecs? You're either too young or too hip to be in this thread! 😉 They hurt my ears anyway!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

i know I’ll have an amazing wkend etc etc but Jesus it’s like they don’t even try!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Hilarious. This will genuinely help ATN ‘23 sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

After an initial review, I have 21 acts shortlisted pending research. Going to be doing a lot of dancing this year. Keep forgetting about Khruangbin and the early announcements. We had 25 acts that we deemed 'must sees' at Glastonbury so I guess we can't complain too much. I think we get annoyed because our favourites aren't there. I have no doubt I'll muddle through the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Sweet suffering,that’s very underwhelming,disappointed with a lot of the acts there.

Thankfully I’ll be at Dynamo in Eindhoven next week for a serious reality check and ear bleed!!!😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

I reiterate!.... shocking!!!

taken for mugs again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wow, that is staggeringly underwhelming. Sprints and Silverbacks the only acts I’d bother with, maybe James Vincent McMorrow.

it’s gonna be a class weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

@Fatfrog Steady on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I saw this as a reply to them, on twitter.

Same weekend, €169 tickets. https://calamijas.com/en/

They're at Oxegen levels, capacity wise now, but it's not being reflected in the quality of acts.

I'll have a great weekend of course, but it's just not good enough at this stage.

ATN next year it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭glennponder

Sickening, the token irish acts coronas, academic Hudson Taylor were always going to be added but for them to be the main acts is a disgrace, was sure we'd have at least 1 decent act included

Advertisement