Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s when you see other line ups like that on same wkend…that’s what kills me

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I'd argue the line up isnt a million miles away from this, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Fontains, Glass Animals, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, Pixies or on my list and for me is enough known acts (clashes permitting) to get me through

We've all been here before, and every year I think that the line up is poor I see some great acts. Combination of getting older and them not signing top tier acts but still charging top tier prices.

That being said...that announcement was a fcuking joke and I hope they burn in hell.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

100gecs, tbh i was nearly gonna go to leeds to just see them so im happy enough with just that addition alone

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

This will definitely be my last picnic. All the gigs in malahide fairview and St Anne's has been to the detriment of this festival. Its probably the worst line up that there has been. ATN for me next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Looking at the first poster and todays: no additions to top tier, becky Hill and coronas added to second line. How in anyone's thinking can this be classed as a big announcement. The likes of ATN, forest Festival and hopefully night and day (will let you know) are becoming more attractive as EP loses its pull of big acts, the lower tiers are as I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

I reckon there will be a fair few tickets for sale alright now lads, maybe there won't be the full 70k there and we'll be walking about unfettered by choke points, as nature intended.

ALSO YOU BETTER BELIEVE THIS IS THE YEAR I'M MAKING A SWORD IN GREENCRAFTS BOYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Gonna have to be completely wasted all weekend in order to make the journey worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I do wonder if we're being fucked by Brexit, we can see the acts on the continent but it's just not worth their while traversing the **** show that is the godforsaken madhouse next door.

some contrast between the comments on twitter and instagram, not a bad word to be said on insta, a lot of "OMG best line up evaaaaaa 🔥🔥🔥😍🎉🎉"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The last 5-6 installments have been 'listen, we'll see. If we have a great weekend we'll get the loyalty tickets just in case', and then we end up going the following year.

I'm going full in the knowledge that this is my last year.

Time to do a deep dive into the unknown acts now.

Best bit of promo ATN could have gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

regex for the swearing doesn't catch fucked but does catch ****

ignore post, i'm just going to sit trying swear words for the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭crl84

2FM Xmas Ball or event geared at 15 year olds is the market EP has been going for over the last 5 years....

The Oxegentrification continues...

These Charming Men better be booked or we wreck the place, morosely, gently, fading into the night like ghosts of a future that never was...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭phizzledizzle

They've spelt it King Kong Kompany on the poster 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

on the positives...(i can now take it easy on my gammy knee) i used to walk a million miles to see all sorts of oddballs on all sorts of stages, this dismal line-up will help with that, prior to a bit of research of act you lot will recommend I will go to the following....... Megan (after all I'm a savage rachet boojie etc) Tame impala, AM, Fontaines, Glass animals, Wolf Alice, CMAT, For Those I love, Khuarngbin, Perfume Genius, Sleafords, Just Mustard, KKC, Le Boom, Malaki, Sprints & Blindboy....can we assume Mother will be doing their thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Assume they'll be selling cans at the festival again this year? I'll bring a nice will selection of craft cans for day 1 but not at all arsed lugging 24 tins in my bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Your average Instagram user that interacts with the EP page thinks The Coronas are elite tier music. No doubt they are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

on reflection, have to laugh at the mention of Dua Lipa earlier, the miserable hoores wouldn't even pay for Dua's nan to sign a few kosovan folk ballads! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭dav09

Patiently waiting for FR to tell us the joke is over and it was just an elaborate plant to troll us all on Boards. Hope there's one or two more surprise additions closer to the time but I doubt it.

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hmmm, going by the additions, it's definitely has more of a feel of Indie rather than ATN. I'm fairly certain this will be my last picnic aswell. I think it's better knowing that going into it though. We'll have fun for sure, it'll be great to be back in stradbally after 3 years but it'll be bittersweet for me.

Knowing how great ATN was this year, I know there's no hope EP will top it for me anyway, it'll be the end of an era but I'm totally at peace with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Well it doesn’t say you can’t in EP’s terms and “Konditions”

Check the spelling for “Company” on the announcement😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

EP really works for me as I have accommodation in Portlaoise but I have to say its trajectory is moving away from what I want at a festival and while I will enjoy as plenty of lower tier acts to go to for the first time ever I am thinking if this is the end of the road for me. Hopefully see a few of you for a pint over the weekend in case it is the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

I'm out. After the joy of ATN and the noticable absence of teenagers, I can't face hordes of daisy-chaining teenage girls pushing their way to the front of the crowd like as if it's right to stand in front of you and you're the rude person for not moving out of their way. The lineup always had an element to appeal to the teenagers but I think it's definitely taken a larger swing in that direction this year.

There's plenty of room for both and I'm sure both will be sold out by mid-September again but EP isn't for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone know what the story is with refunds if your ticket is from the covid cancelled events?

Was hoping for some decent bands in the undercard but no interest in any of them and they have not even given me any time to explore

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Sad times as I'm going to give my ticket to my younger sister as she's never been but likes the lineup. Haven't been since 2017 as transitioned to ATN and B&S but with B&S, Other voices leaving the festival. I hope anyone going enjoys. Can't see myself ever going back.

Following a query on their Facebook page, Trenchtown will have some DnB/jungle across the weekend, with more details to be announced. So there's another option for those inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

I'd say Toutless has crashed with the rush of tickets going on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The 2 Johnnies, God above how are they worthy of a name check in an announcement?

Advertisement