Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I read it once really quickly, then several times progressively slower but I don't think I've missed anything. It still looks the same. I can't believe that. That's by a mile, by a MILE the worst I've ever seen. Give me a second here. I'm way behind everyone else. I missed something, right? Give us a minute and I'll catch up on the last few pages. I probably missed something, right?

Sprints, Thumper, Siilverbacks are all I'm coming up with. **** me. For a second announcement!!

I mean I'm a pretty positive guy but....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Exactly the same here - those three and maybe Jams VMcM. At the country's pre-eminent festival I'm expecting decent acts that don't appear in my local pub twice a year.

Read back through the comments. We've hit peak glumness today.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Usually with a disappointing announcement like that you take a break, do some research and come back with “actually, it’s not THAT bad”. I’ve done that. It’s actually worse than my initial gut reaction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jerry Fish announcing Pillow queen's and either SLF or Undertones would blow today's announcement away.

C'mon Jerry, you can do it.

I see that. We're like a slightly less insane Facebook page. Tonight, we mourn. Tomorrow, we speculate on the possibility of Jerry, the Salty Dog and Mind and Body pulling it out of the bag for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just checked out 100 GECS there, just nooooooooooo!!!!, they can feck right off, pure over the top auto tune, a load of sh1te.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Exactly they are Irish and play all the time. You will see them in an Academy sized venue for about € 30 before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I just compared the 2019 poster and current 2022 poster, and its not pretty.

I worry what SaltyDog, Jerry Fish will offer if this is where things are with other acts.

Only free flow can save us now....or maybe not :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The Twitter-slaying is unreal!!

I think EP are trying to bury the negativity by retweeting artists posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Only one thing for it:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would love to see!! Only something like this could save face for EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Aside from the obvious, a lot of people seem to be scanning down the lineup and finding decent Irish artists on the lineup..... which is great. But I wonder between this and the ATN lineup are the organisers ripping the punters off a little?

When you see the quality of lineups they get on the continent.... Nos alive Mad cool etc... all international acts with a sprinkle of local acts, there's far more value for money.

ATN seems to have been a big success this year but I can't help but be a little cynical and think the organisers are screwing us over paying top dollar prices when 85% of the acts are bands we could see from one week to the next.

Not sure what kind of point I'm making here. I know I'm done with EP for sure and ATN the jury is out. I'll wait for the lineup.

Someone mentioned Oxegen lineups and even in the tail end of that festival they were getting massive acts. ****, the lineups were insane. What id give to go to a festival with one of those lineups now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Billie eilish, Christine and the queen's, dermot Kennedy four tet, gerry cinnamon, James Blake, jarvis coxker, jess Glynne, j hus, Johnny maher, Richard Ashcroft, Richie Hawtin, roisin Murphy, the streets, years and years

V

anne-Marie, Annie mac, becky Hill, fontaines dc, glass animals, London Grammar, pixies, the coronas, the kooks, wolf alice

While i don't like all of these 2019 tier 2 smashes 2022 tier 2 even though the crowd numbers have increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cluner

I feel like Andy Dufresne having to wade through a river of **** to try and find something half decent in this horrific line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

I highly rate sprints for anyone looking at the poor additions

Hermitage Green on main stage 3:15 on the Saturday you will find me elsewhere

• Subscribers Posts: 41,498 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What i thought would happen had happened. They will milk this 70k for as as they can, keeping costs as low as possible

Jesus who though the coronas would be the biggest name added after that initial mediocre listing

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

In fairness, Becky Hill was the biggest one from the second announcement not the Coronas.

Overall, a little annoyed they built us up for this announcement but there are more than enough good acts over the weekend for me and at the end of the day it's as much about who your going with than just the line up.

Have to say I'm pretty excited that we're only 3 weeks away, hopefully this weather can hold up for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭darzog

The five stages of grief in the space of one afternoon

Denial: Surely to God, no. THIS is the big announcement? It’s ok, I must have missed something. Tell you what, when I get home I’ll run these through Spotify. (Gets home) OOoooooookay, this isn’t great. However…I’m bound to hear a guitar soon.

Tick, tick

I will hear a guitar soon, won’t I?

Anger: Three years and this is what we get? OK. We were probably never going to get R*diohead or (The) James but this is an affront. What about the loyal folk who have attended every Picnic? The m’fkrz are blatantly catering to the pups now. We’re being taken for mugs. I’m done…

Bargaining: OK. Let’s think about this. We’ve still got Mind & Body, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish announcements to come. Plus we’ve got Trailer Park to fall back on. Ok Guys, I’ll strike a deal with you. I’ll grudgingly accept what you’ve chucked at us if you’ll please just give us These Charming Men and/or The Roadhouse Doors at Salty Dog. Please?

Depression: do you know what. Even if they do pull it out of the fire with the forest stages, the writing is on the wall. it’s over. They’ve won. The Daisy-chained teens rule now. The guitars have been taken out and ceremonially buried in the woods. It’s time for me to be taken out there with them Into the forest and left there Ubasute-style like an elderly relative that the family can no longer support

Acceptance: hold on…left in the forest…jaysus, that’s where all the good stuff is! Even Jerry Fish has been kicked out into the woods. That means I never have to leave there. Ok. We can do this. We can let the childer swarm in the places I accept I can no longer pass. I will hide under canopy. I will lurk behind twisted tree-trunks and quitletly hiss as they pass…”I once was you…and you shall be me some day. Enjoy it, it goes in the blink of an eye, ya wee ballix.”

I am now part of the forest. Here I will stay. Here I belong

cut to now: sits in the sun. Puts on Two Sevens Clash by Culture. Has a wistful look in his eye. “This time in three weeks I’ll be in Trenchtown happy as Porky in merde. And so it goes…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

• Subscribers Posts: 41,498 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"Big" for appearing on a British TV talent show isn't exactly my metric of the hierarchy of music

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Alot of others I'd rather before her but she has 20+ million monthly listeners on Spotify, so, yea, she probably fits the definition of a big act even if you or I may not like her

It'll help for sure - We'll have These Charming Men, the Roadhouse Doors and a few other goodies but it's an extremely lightweight lineup irrespective of what gets added. And we weren't being greedy, all we wanted was something along the lines of Squeeze/James/Jon Hopkins. The first announcement gave me a dozen good acts, and that's enough, but look at the poster now and it's pretty grim stuff. Not even a Lorde, Billie Eilish or Sigrid amongst the kid's stuff. The pop music at Glasto is good pop. The pop music at EP is pre-teen pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Are they really on the main stage? In fairness they've been decent when Ive seen them,once was in a castle and they were brilliant in EA when they played, not a main stage act by any measure.

Is this some Limerick bias Poorside? I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to hand in your Boardsies card and leave the building.

• Advertisement

Yeah, lots of potential. Saw them in the Grand Social a while back, band were great, she was a force of nature for 2 thirds of it, then a sulky child for the last bit. They're young. When they're good, they're great.

Advertisement