Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify garage roof material

Options
  • 12-08-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what material this is. Its covering an old garage and is in large corrugated sheets nailed down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Looks like asbestos to me, albeit with an inexpert eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zidac

I expect its a type of industrial corrugated sheets that came from factory or warehouse, someone picked up along the way probably roofer.

Its very well fitted thought it appears not to overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zidac

That's what i thought at first, what material is the capping? they look the same material to me. The OP will tell us if it can be hit with a hammer without breaking and then we will know for sure.

It may be asbestos with lead capping.

• Advertisement

Capping? The op never mentioned that. Now you're dragging out a non issue.

By the looks of it it's probably asbestos as well or concrete (sand & cement).

Now you want the op to hit it with a hammer and report to you for your curiosity?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Thanks guys. I was thinking it's asbestos, but wasn't sure. Photo was taken at the front and it wraps around the side c 20sqm, so I doubt it will be cheap to remove if it is.

Capping seems to be tile painted, it's not lead and I won't be hitting it with a hammer just yet 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The short bottom piece does not appear to match the corrugations of the longer top piece so the overlap would never work properly.

Advertisement