Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House destroyed with Flying Ants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Funny enough, I dont mind a mouse and we had them in the attics.....these pest things though are on another level, thousands of them. It is the pouring out of the walls that is disgusting.

I woke up at 4am two mornings this week and the ensuite was full of them. They had got in through the part where the window was drilled to let the alarm senor sit. It is a tiny hole and they are all scuttling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Could you silicone around the wire to seal it? Ring the alarm company to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yeah I will do......this was a new entry point and its absolutely tiny....its back to the point the poster made about the conservatory, they just seem to find another entry point when one is blocked off and they can fit through the eye of a needle. I had not had them upstairs before.

This heat is definitely the reason for them. And all incidences of them are at the back of the house....where its very sunny. None whatsoever at the front.

Only the flying ants, no actual ants so very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bluespecs

I have them loads of them on my patio. Was afraid they'd come into the house, so I got the bait stations from B and Q. They had no interest whatsoever in them.

Then I put out some peanut butter for them (protein) to get an idea of their tastes... No interest whatsoever.

Lastly I put out jam for them... Again, no interest whatsoever.

If I got Borax, I wouldn't be sure the ants would like anything I mixed it with...

They are still out there but haven't come inside...yet!

In the US, a product called Terro seems to be the most effective way of eliminating them, but that doesn't seem to be available here.

Advertisement