Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity shops where they sell appliances

Options
  • 18-08-2020 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a small new never used kitchen appliance that I cannot sell online. I am supposed to move out soon and cannot carry the item with me.
    Are you aware of any charity shops where they accept appliances? Preferably South co. Dublin.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

I don't think any of them do, as they can't stand over it's condition

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

wench wrote: »

This has been the case normally, due to rather strict rules here - however Enable Ireland have started to take small electrical items which they PAT test.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Put it up on adverts as a free to collect, it will be gone but be very clear with the person you give it to that if they don't collect it by the agreed time it will go to the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Shinsen wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a small new never used kitchen appliance that I cannot sell online. I am supposed to move out soon and cannot carry the item with me.

If you can't sell it, why do you think a charity would want it?

Anyway, they rarely take electrical items. IMO even if the item was fine what would stop a buyer from misusing the item and claiming no instructions were provided (I'm thinking of that foreign lady who filled a water jug from Dunnes with boiling water) - or from tampering with the item and claiming it caused an injury or started a small fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Working at SVP part time at the minute.
    The boss said yesterday that he could not accept anything with a plug. Even brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If they did they would have follow "WEEE" recyling regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if it still happens now but I know a few years back Oxfam in Phibsboro used to accept donated laptops, they would clean them up and sell them on. I've also seen electrical things like stereo speakers in Oxfam on Francis Street so they might accept it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shinsen

L1011 wrote: »
    This has been the case normally, due to rather strict rules here - however Enable Ireland have started to take small electrical items which they PAT test.

Thank you for the information. I called an Enable Ireland shop today. After I explained what the item is about, they say they're delighted to take it.

Hello all,

I am going back to this ad.

A while has gone since then, I am wondering if some other changes have been applying.

I have a small electrical appliance, to be precise bluetooth headphones. They are new, never being used. I don't want to throw them in a recycling centre. Do you know if there are some charity shops where I can bring them to?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Stick them up for free on Adverts or DoneDeal?

• Advertisement

Did that. I got many people interested replying to the ad, but who in the end didn't show up or messaged on the last minute for cancelling.

I went to an Enable Ireland shop, they are still accepting donations of small appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’ve found DoneDeal is full of wasters, Adverts, if you screen their feedback, less so. Anyways, it all worked out in the end. Well done.

Advertisement