Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukrainian refugees in Ireland - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

They've nothing but contempt for Irish people. The attitudes and smugness of them is off the charts. I guess most of the men here are marginalized kind, most of them are fairly flamboyant so it makes sense why the lgbt was flying their flag so much at the start of this.

That's not to say there is plenty of gopniks in there aswell, I was called out early in this thread for exposing a group of gopniks hanging around in Kilkenny city (when the virtue signalling was at it's most virtuous and they could do no wrong).

However, you'll only see girls and women being interviewed like her in the article. Same garbage over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

That is exactly what has turned me against them. Last week I posted about a conversation I had with a guy who was complaining about being stuck in Bunratty when he wanted to live in Dublin. Tell that to thousands of Irish people who left the Dublin the last few years due to the spiralling housing costs. The absolute brazeness and sense of entitlement he had was actually disgusting. They have been treated better here than anywhere else in the world but every day there are sob stories in the paper from them.

The conversations on their forums giving people advice about coming here boils my piss. Some Ukrainians ask about the housing crisis here and will they get accommodation. The answer they get is worst case scenario you spend a few nights in the Aviva or a tent before you get comfortable accommodation. They should all be put in tents, given food and €40 a week allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You're not actually expecting an answer?

I asked yesterday what would be a reasonable amount to expect. How much should we take in, in relation to the rest of EU etc. No answer.

Then today loads of posts about how they know some people that bought houses cheaper in the last 10 years than they are now, and that there are millions of Ukrainians displaced etc.

Not one suggestion, idea or inkling as to where it could or should go from here, why we are taking in such a high amount, why it is higher than many other countries throughout the EU and getting higher.

Not one acknowledging that the clowns and spoofers on holiday have made a massive f*ck up and they themselves don't know where it's going in terms of accommodation. The cynic in me is ready to believe that the government are happy to take them in, in tents no matter what just to cram them in, to get whatever underhanded thing it is they are after at the minute, while their cronies benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭CeCe12

Because a lot of them are. Many ukrainian woman (not necessarily saying the ones here) are involved with a website called "Anatasia Date" where they play online girlfriend's to stupid European and American men to fleece them for cash. They will openly admit this.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Gamergurll

Yeah she never answers anything, just makes comments that make no sense and never answers any questions, she's ignored all of mine 🙄

Got in a fun argument with a Ukrainian fella who was attacking anyone speaking Russian, despite a huge amount of Ukrainians speaking it he called it the language of the oppressor. He tried to say the Irish have no idea what being oppressed or fearful of war is like, and at least we have our own language and not that of an oppressor. He was really angry and stuck in his opinion but it was amusing 😂

• Advertisement

An old neighbour of mine has been emailing trying to contact Td's and getting no response, her son refuses to defer college for a year and is going to sleep in his car during college time. She's worried for his safety but he's determined. No chance of accommodation because it's already full up. Yes previous years there was fierce competition for the housing but at least they had a good chance

The statistics from independent sources back up all the claims of welfare tourism about the Ukrainians. Her best argument is I don’t believe you. Don’t know why I actually bother even posting a response to her to be honest.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

If he was that bothered what was he doing here in the first place?

The more I hear the more I oppose their EU membership- would be a complete and utter shiteshow for a country like Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Any indication of when the ridiculous welfare freebies will be cut? The fun will start then

Thanks. I’m only on Facebook and the ones there are mainly looking for jobs, advise on purchasing cars in order to get to work etc. Looking for accommodation and willing to pay for same.

They will never be cut. That clown of a housing minister we have has already said putting a cap on the numbers coming in is off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

I'm sorry but no chance of that. As you can see from this translation. They were in France and came Ireland to receive payments with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This country is literally an open door for welfare tourism now. Even She is surprised she could go here and get payments no with repercussions ffs. Don't forget it's not just UAs coming, it's every other chancer on the band wagon also. It's a free for all.

Still there's lads here celebrating Irish rural towns where the natives are now out unumbered and trying to **** on any Irish people asking questions about this nonsense. Country has been hijacked by anti-irish traitors posing as politicans as well.

I'm done on this thread now. Provided plenty of evidence of this scam invasion of Ireland. Soon it will be RIP to Ireland and particularly it's people, it's just another global **** hole now. You'll find 5 million population will be swallowed up very quickly if this open border continues. Then we will see who has the last laugh. Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦.

Hopefully in the near future the government will have no option but to put a limit on the number. But I honestly thought we would have reached that point by now.Recession slow down is already starting in the UK and housing market in US has slowed. The pot will begin to dry as this situation is not feasible long term as is the no limit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The reality is, the Ireland we have known is probably not returning.

life is about to get a tonne more competitive, a tonne more unfair, a tonne more violent ( no prison places ) nefarious and probably in time this country will be nowhere people will want to come as tourists even.

our wellbeing, that of our future generations is being sold down the river.

the future history books won’t mention it,, for obvious reasons, look who will be reading them.

For whom the hangman’s rope was spun, 

And what, God help us, could they save? 

Romantic Ireland’s dead and gone, 

It’s with O’Leary in the grave. 

Was it for this the wild geese spread 

The grey wing upon every tide; 

For this that all that blood was shed, 

For this Edward Fitzgerald died, 

And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone, 

All that delirium of the brave? 

Romantic Ireland’s dead and gone, 

It’s with O’Leary in the grave.

I'm too lazy to scroll Facebook but these are two that are examples. Whatever about moving looking for work but moving for that reason surely doesn't qualify a fleeing?

There's also an increase I noticed of people commenting on women's appearances, seeking accommodation they have posted selfies and give all the details about themselves, surely some weirdo could message them offering accommodation with alterior motives? Sure danger is everywhere but sounds dangerous? I'm sure this has probably been discussed before a million times and I'm just thinking it through after seeing these posts! 😏

I really do hope you are right. I have zero faith in this government unfortunately. Ask the people of Sweden how their open borders policy worked out a few years back. Ireland seems hell bent on making the same mistake.

I know sometimes it seems like the government are trying to send us back to the early 90's mass unemployment and no opportunities.

I'm sorry I'm multi posting today and this picture is a disaster but more chancers jumping on the government gravy train. The article continues that these are illegal works without planning, disturbing residents because their homes have been turned into a construction site, and the basement is used for the wheelie bins so where are they putting these people? I literally just stood in the shop and read this I don't have the paper to hand but this must be online somewhere 😁

Also same as all other media, says home 'may be used for refugees'. Apparently saying the words 'used for Ukrainian refugees' is a dirty word.

And gosh sorry meant to say, it is Donegal news, my photo seems cut off as well as looking rubbish 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Eh.. why didn't you buy the local paper and support a local business?

I notice the local newspapers are doing better at reporting incidents like this. All the national ones won't dare mention the reality of what's happening 😒

In fairness we currently have good employment and opportunities. But just like in the previous boom times they are going to piss it all away and when the **** hits the fan again we will be back to not having a pot to piss in. On top of that, an extra 100k+ mouths to feed and house too.

Well I'm not sure I'm here to discuss my finances but by the time I pay my rent/bills/food I have very little left, I try and keep money in savings god forbid kids need a doctor visit or something. sweet treats are a luxury that has been cut out and 2 quid on a paper would be better spent on a bag of sweets or something.. Call me pathetic and broke but meh.. I spent money in the local shop on groceries anyway so not sure I get your point 🤷‍♀️

Your not pathetic or broke your paying your bills and doing your best for your family as it should be.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The way things are going, the government might as well just fly refugees in, straight to Donegal directly.

It is just being treated as an absolute pit by this government.

I think local newspapers have their ear to the ground and actually listen to locals.

At this stage, around here, a lot of locals are at seething point. There is no point in painting a rosy picture as people ain't buying into it no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

You are neither pathetic or broke. You should be proud of yourself for doing everything you can to support your family and putting your children first.

Yes I agree we do right now, but next year circa 1992 around Ireland. Minus the decent football team 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i don’t know if this was posted elsewhere, but Bank of Ireland ..

”We are refunding Bank of Ireland charges for customers sending money to family, friends or colleagues in Ukraine, backdated to 24 February. In conjunction with other European banks, we are also refunding Bank of Ireland charges for customers sending money to family, friends or colleagues in Moldova”

so lifelong customers whom a family member is one, about 55 years banking with them…. Doesn’t have any connections to people in the Ukraine, can look forward to more fees, 18 euros a quarter to ‘maintain’ a personal current account …

They also have teams assisting Ukrainians set up accounts here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement