Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a decent deal. Also full warranty left on it until 2027 for peace of mind. As for all good deals - if you are looking for one, be ready and jump in immediately. Procrastinators never get bargains...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

I am not sure how much of a deal this is

Bids above sterling £34,500. Mileage 49,000 not kilometers. Based in NI. Not my car.

The other niro is probably sold by now. The seller was not replying to requests.

With sterling quite strong that's still €41k but probably the cheapest Model 3 for sale in Ireland. Personally, I wouldn't. A new one is €53k and has a better battery and is made in China, so far better built

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Yep, not a particularly good deal at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If everything else was equal and Sterling a bit better then not bad but as Unkel says MIC vastly superior build, plus larger better chem HV battery, de chromed, all heated seats, better chem “12v” battery, laminated front glass, powered boot, better longer life motor, better screen, longer warranty, zero mileage, heated steering wheel and wipers, deglossed centre console plus a few more I’ve probably forgot. Only advantage this one would have is slightly faster.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's basically would you prefer to save 10k but have a 3 year old TM3, with the smaller and less usable battery chem, or pay the 10k and get the new one. I know which I'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The other benefit to buying second hand is the immediate stock. Order a new tesla model 3 now and how long is your wait until you get your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Good enough reasons to go for a new Model 3 I would have thought. Also Heat Pump included now. Plus supply seems to be improving, at the moment at least.

I ordered two weeks ago and am collecting on 9th September. MSM model 3 RWD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I don't think I could drive an SR+ with the brake callipers painted red also......

The shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

1 month... That's actually not too bad if they can fulfill that lead time. You'd nearly be 2 weeks buying a second hand car in fairness

Double Tesla household, nice!! and also nice colour, the only colour to pick really

Wow and I thought you were downsizing from the Ioniq! Sell it yet or trading it in for the Model 3?

if the Ionic is still available, and you wanted to part exchange it for a 3 pot 2012 Yaris sh1tbox, I'd hear you out ELM......

You could convert the Yaris to an EV (there's an X P100D somewhere in Ireland in the scrappers)

I could put my mother into an EV.

Win Win.

...I'll get my coat..

No interest beyond a few timewasters for the ioniq. We're trading in the X for the 3 (and being paid for the privilege). Strange move, but it puts me in better position to trade the 3 in for my preordered plaid X whenever that comes. Once the grant goes the SR 3 (which what I've got) will go up in price and the trade in the same. It's a heart over head move.

Unless I've sold the ioniq in a couple of weeks I'll be accepting the 16k offer from a dealer so would consider any reasonable offer above that for quick sale.

In the interest of the thread (and my pocket) here's the link again.

I had to read it twice but I get what you're doing, strange days indeed and well done to take advantage of used prices.

Please start a X Plaid thread when the time comes!!

Smart move ELM327. Until the recent price hike, the Model 3 SR+ was such good value that several people bought one and drove it straight to a grey market dealer the day they got it, for a €3k cash profit. Even now it's still good value with the €5k grant and very little VRT. And sometimes Tesla offer silly high prices for traded in Teslas. Like in Gumbo's case. Did you make any profit on the X?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Was that one in their inventory? I see if I order online now it says Apr 2023 - Jun 2023 ..

That's interesting. It might be that the next batch of Model 3 will be coming from Berlin then?

• Advertisement

I think that’s just standard.

I was quoted April - June 2023 when I ordered one a few months ago, and within a month or 2 the delivery had come forward to September so I put it on hold…. As I was happy with waiting until at least 2023 for it….

id say if you ordered one now, you’d be driving it before November…. Christmas at worst.

Nope. It said Jan-Mar 23 when I ordered initially to check the trade in price. It then changed pretty instantly to Sept-Oct, then to Sept 2-15 a week or so later. I was thinking of changing next year from the Ioniq but the trade in for my X and quick availability changed my plans completely.

I was talking to some of the folks in tesla at the meet and greet, they reckon there's a boatload (literally) of supply coming in in week 1-3 of september so anyone with an M3 on order will get it then. Even if you order now.

Cheap Model S, ticks all the boxes, but now just out of warranty (little bit of battery / drivetrain warranty left), asking €34k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have no idea but seems dear to me considering mileage.

Also the free supercharging. Is that unlimited or bound by some fair usage policy?

Mileage is irrelevant, free SuC is free, no limit as long as not operated by a company e.g. taxi

I hadn't expected it, but the older Model S have gone up a good bit in price in the last 6 months. So given the asking price minus some room for negotiation, you could pick up a very good EV here for reasonable money.

If you live near a Tesla SuC and have an hour to spare a week this would be free fuel, spec is basic, decent price. Typical of the era, the battery/drivetrain both replaced but this is highly likely to be with reconditioned parts, the battery pack could be from a 2014 car even. On the downside it's out of warranty, my concerns would be water ingress at the front passenger footwell especially if it has the sunroof

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

"....my concerns would be water ingress at the front passenger footwell especially if it has the sunroof"

Which its listed as having

Having a sunroof would be a strong plus for me ... Can the carpet in the footwell be readily pulled back for inspection ?

What about the front seats ? IIRC the facelift was reckoned to bring much better seats. Were the pre-facelift seats really bad ?

I'm mightly tempted by this. Would be very grateful for any guidance on what to look out for.

I had a pre-facelift with a sunroof and while it wasn't as quiet as it should have been, I never had any problems with water ingress. The early cars have very bland seats (the whole interior is rather bland - not on a par with similar priced, similar size premium executive cars of the time like the BMW 7-series or the Mercedes S-class), made for large Americans if you know what I mean. The newer generation seats and interiors are much better. That wouldn't stop me from buying an older one though. The ad for this car is clearly written by someone who knows their Teslas and the car has had all the important work done. Do check all 4 door handles though. These are now fixed by Tesla with the latest generation ones when they break and Tesla do not charge for labour, just for the part (the guts of €400 for one though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

Thanks Unkel.

What are the implications of it still being MCU1 ?

If it has a mega-catastrophe ( inverter goes up in smoke, say ) ... opinions on whats the downside if I had to end up selling it for parts ?

Advertisement