Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SB Morer

I thought it was just me. I’ve been trying to move points since Saturday. Have tried the Avios and BA sites and keep getting an error message

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Thanks for that, I found the transaction section. Interestingly my out bound leg tier points show but my return doesn't and there are no avios points asscoiated with either leg of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I decided to chance it, having been told by someone at the bag drop area that I should be OK once I had priority boarding. At the gate, there was no issue when I went up though the priority boarding queue. Glad I did, because there seemed to be a long queue for checked bags and we got through passport control in Faro very quickly.

I’m trying to pay to bring carry on bags on the return flight, but can’t do it online as the flight was booked by email. I’ve sent an email to Aer Credit Card about it.

Good news! I got the following email from Aer Lingus this afternoon.

“Thank you for your email.

Your Aer Credit Card booking includes a 10kg carry on bag free of charge per person as a benefit to bring on board, however, from the 1st January 2022 we reverted to the normal benefit terms and conditions i.e. from 1st January 2022 new or existing Aer Credit Card return flights will no longer be covered under the Aer Lingus book with confidence policy and cannot be changed or modified once the booking has been made and confirmed.

Aer Credit Card Reward bookings cannot be managed on line for changes . bags , check-in etc, the generated message you seen is only for Aer LIngus website full fare bookings. 

When is a carry-on bag with priority boarding included?

Some customers will have a 10kg carry-on bag with priority boarding included in their booking, please see the list below. If a 10kg bag is included, you must take this on board with you. You will not be permitted to drop this bag off at check-in.

• AerClub - Silver, Platinum and Concierge AerClub members. (Members only, not travelling companions.)
    • Fare Types - All Plus, Advantage, Aer Credit Card and AerSpace fare types. (Not included in Saver fares.)

Enjoy your holiday.”

Post edited by abff on

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Hi all, apologies if I missed it - is there a lounge available in Lisbon for AerClub/Aerspace? I’m not seeing it on the list - also do you know if you can use fast track going through Lisbon?

(Can’t seem to see a thread search button)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

No lounge in Lisbon. I was in Majorca lately and we had no lounge either.

Under the Aer Credit card, in addition to Worldwide travel insurance and Avios points (1 point for every €4 spent on the card) you get the following rewards on an annual basis - two “free” flights (taxes and charges only), two lounge passes and two fast track/priority boarding passes. You have to book the lounge passes and the fast track passes separately from the “free” flights (which are applied for by email) and they can be used for any Aer Lingus flight.

Sorry I meant does AerClub status or an AerSpace fare get to use fast track in Lisbon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

In Gatwick AerClub status grants access to the No1 Traveller lounger and it's as good, if not better, than any of actual Aer Lingus lounges

There's a list of third-party lounges on the EI website that you can access once you've status

• Advertisement

The aspire in manchester is pretty good. the one in Schiphol is terrible. Soup is the only food and the lounge ususually half sectioned off for Singapore airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Got to have at least Sliver status, and be flying with EI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's always worth asking at the Aspire lounges. I got fast track and lounge in Edinburgh recently despite neither being listed either on the AL website or in the airport itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Yeah, they are accepting Aer Club check in's there, but you are right, it tends to be understaffed a lot of the time. If I have a bag to check I still use it but mainly so I can get them to change my seat if the automatic allocation has screwed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Yeah, have to agree. Plus they keep putting that sh1tbucket EIK on the ORD route which is going to force me over to American.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Hi all, anyone else having trouble getting AVIOS for booking.com. I have three bookings on booking.com (booked through through the connection with Avios/AerClub) but still no sign of the points. Very frustrating that you have to track this yourself and also when you receive no reply to your queries.

Log into aer club store and go to account. you can see your pending avios. Mine follow about 6 weeks later usually for booking.com

Thanks but unfortunately no sign in there even though I have the confirmation email. I'll put through another claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Have you actually stayed in the hotel or just booked? You only get them after the stay itself.

• Advertisement

Stayed. 1st one was in March. The other two were first week in July

Can anyone tell me why the card in my App says platinum but the boarding pass says silver? Aspire in cork tried to stop me bringing in a guest yesterday because the pass said silver. i had to show her the card and she was doing extra checks to make sure it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

When did you become platinum, before or after you booked the flight in question

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Has anyone managed to log into the avios site recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Hmm.

The system normally grabs your status as it is on the date of booking, doesn't seem to be pick up at check in.

I went several weeks as Concierge before CONC appeared, but equally after I dropped to Platinum, i was still CONC for a few flights

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭knockon

Booked a car through Aer Lingus Cars in LA in May and got Avis. I was supposed to get a few thousand Avios. Never got them and emailed them 3-4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Booked two flights on Vueling with my Aerclub number. One credited at time of booking - which seemed odd. The other never has. I've now long since had the fights.

Decided its probably not worth chasing this up as it wasn't the dearest flight in the world and gets no status credits... but shows there's issues even when its not EI flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Pre-Covid I travelled a good bit to London with work and Dublin - London City was a handy earner for tier points with an office in Shoreditch. I'm starting to travel a bit more now but haven't been back to London yet. I'm Platinum with AL which was really handy for personal travel for +1 in lounges, fastpass etc. but I'm not sure if I should just start building BA tier credits with the convenience of LCY or bite the bullet and start travelling AL to Heathrow.

Thoughts?

Advertisement