Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Week 3 Transfer Thread

• 13-08-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bailey out for sure. Thinking of Josh Dasilva great value at £4.5m and has decent fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bit reserved on him given he's played 92 mins over the two games and they have signed a very good midfielder in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Is this the Mitrovic replacement thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking TAA/Archer to Patterson/Jesus but of a knee jerk for -4 but have to get him in, only other option is Wilson/ Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Who is more nailed between him and Jensen? Away at the moment, haven’t seen Brentford in action yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 fts and nothing I really want to do for now. Bailey to Dasilva would free up 0.5 and catch the probable double rise. I'd like to wait and see Darwin in action though it'd probably take a -8 to restructure and get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs of Bailey & Rashford to DaSilva & Martinelli, sickened to have gone Rashford over Martinelli since the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Any word on how bad Andreas' injury is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cheers. Not that he's an important player for most of us, but with Dasilva going up in price tonight it would have been a straight-forward swap if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rashford -> Rodrigo

Not gonna think too much about it, but Rodrigo seems to have finally settled, and 3 goals in 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Will be hard to drop him given his returns so far…..and he frees up .5 if you are moving off Bailey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Looks like the cheap option of 2 Leicester keepers is a bust!

Question is who to move onto?…..moved out Bailey for da Silva so I can afford Pope (5m)……or Sanchez (4.5)…are two of the highest scoring keepers so far who have sound defences ahead of them…..could do Ramsdale (5m) either…..or even Raya (4.5) who also has good fixtures!🙂

My back 5 has one each from Arsenal,Spurs,City,Liverpool and Forest and can’t afford likes of Ederson at 5.5m

Who would people be inclined to go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If you can afford 5m I think Mandy is great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was just considering bringing in Cornet for one of my midfielders. Probably needs another two weeks or so to see if he becomes a regular starter.

Thoughts?

Edit: and is anyone with only one or two Liverpool players looking at Elliot at £5m now Thiago is out for 4-6 weeks he should see lots of game time.

I couldn’t waste a Liverpool spot on Elliot for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I know I'm probably posting this a day late for it to mean anything, but we know Dasilva has scored 2 goals a total xG of 0.05, and not created a single shot for a teammate right?

Obviously, the transfer comes at no risk to our squad budget (I was actually looking at doing it aswell until I saw those stats) at all, but we probably are still at that stage of the season where transfers are going to be at their most valuable, with information changing by the week, so its more that opportunity cost that we'd be risking with this move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You probably get double rises out of him at his value level and he as long as he plays, that's more than you expect out of a 4.5m mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Guimares out Rodrigo in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FT and might just have to get Da Silva in to use one of those.

I had some semi-idea of switching Robbo to Nunez but that would involve a -4 and probably not worth it overall as it would be a midfield of Salah / Martinelli / 6.0 going forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Overall happy with my team and happy to ride it out for next few games. However, Saka dropping in price (currently at -28), would put me in a very awkward position. Saka to Martinelli might be a boring but sensible move, and allows funds to upgrade Neto in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

Just watching Chelsea here and I think moving James to Cucurella could be an option. Save a million. Cucurella taking corners and playing high as a wing back.

I just did the most stupid thing any human has ever done in fantasy football.

I had two the Leicester keepers (both 4m)... I sold Ward and brought in Raya.

I kept the sub as the f*cking sub and sold the starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That might work out for you. Ward looked pretty shaky and I wouldn't be surprised if his place is under threat already.

I've sold Bailey for JDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any Son owners out there starting to think the money might be better invested elsewhere??

I know if I get rid he'll go on a record breaking scoring spree 🙄

At the moment, I'm looking forward to what TAA does tomorrow. I thought he was not as good as he could be last week, but resisted the kneejerk.

Looking at getting in Mee because of their nice fixtures for a few weeks, and move the money back into midfield.

Yea KdB looked good yesterday and easy swap - didn’t like that Conte took Son off when needing a goal

Expect Son to find his shooting boots at some stage but with Ricky there could be some sort of rotation risk.

• Advertisement

All of this is true, and yet I’m still not of the opinion that comes near to the same potential benefit as the value of a free transfer.

Dasilva is great value at 4.5. Still wouldn’t be spending a transfer (which will ultimately end up costing me 4 points somewhere down the line) to bring him in though unless I was really obsessed with the squad I already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I am thinking KdB straight swap.

Didn't like what I saw today, but Son is Son and can punish.

On the other hand Kevin is Kevina so it isn't like I am replacing Son with some mediocre player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anybody with Grealish?

Interested to hear your thoughts. Planning to keep him for now but the lack of game time and subsequent lack of anything FPL related is frustrating me.

I've Bailly as well but don't think he's urgent to move off as others. Think I can bench him and start Andreas or Neco Williams.

Bailly & Grealish to someone and someone maybe ahead of GW4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have a Bailey problem here as well and missed the Dasilva price rise last night which is frustrating as the 0.5m would have come in handy somewhere else. . Right now Im thinking a straight swap for Jannsen instead.

Did anyone see how Mount played today, did he have much involvement around the box? He could drop in price tonight which would then block off a move to Foden

Mount played excellently and had 1 or 2 chances, but most of his excellent play was in ways that don’t lend themself to FPL, so I think many will look to spread that cash around their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't own Grealish but he was in the majority of my drafts, so have kept an eye on him.

Grealish was involved in one of the Man City goals against West Ham, but his involvement was very deep inside his own half. Played his role in the Pep system that day, kept the width, involved in ball retention etc.

Foden got the G + A againt Bournemouth, but didn't really play to that Pep system and the failure to square the ball to Haaland for the easy tap in was probably the primary driver behind the half time sub.

I've a feeling that Grealish will start the next game again. But I'm unsure of whether it's alongside Foden or instead of him. I suspect that ball retention may be more important against Newcastle than Mahrez's directness against Bournemouth.

• Advertisement

that was my fear when I saw he wasnt ranked in the BPS. Not sure what to do as Chelseas fixtures are good and would hope he gets further forward in the easier games. Foden looked great yesterday but a he is a glaring rotation risk having been subbed at half time. Might just sit on Mount for now and see what Darwin does v Palace tomorrow night

I don't think he's an 8m player, Chelsea don't score as many goals as City/Liverpool so he's not getting as many chances, Also look at Diaz tonight, - he had goal disallowed and hit the cross bar in GW1, he's in a team that we create a lot of chances, granted he might be a rotation risk, but thinking back to last season Mount had one worldie of a game and got like 24 points - other than that was he consistently good to be worth 8m?

Yeah I'd tend to agree, when he came on for Foden on Saturday he was quite deep but getting a lot of the ball.

It felt like he'd be assisting the assister more than anything - he was this for the OG that Cancelo got the assist for anyway.

Even in GW1, he had a few chances for Haaland but never materialised. I think I'll keep him with the intention to move him on soon but worth keeping this week, I do like the look of Rodrigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Plan was Saka to Kulu but feel moving Bailey on could be more important. Might give him another week and move him on for Rodrigo/Harrison after the Chelsea game then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Is Matty Cash a sell at this stage? No returns from the first 2 game weeks and now has a niggle picked up aswel?

Although Gerrard says that he’s more concerned with Diego Carlos and Cash is just tiredness more than anything else.

75% chance he plays v Palace (a) gw3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Whoever went with the 2 Leicester keepers got what they deserved. Didn't even consider it . I have Ederson and ward 13 points and someone that will never be in my 1st 11.

Henderson and or Sanchez look good .

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

I have gone Neto to Gray . I was gonna bench Neto in GW3 and play Andreas but with the injury went to Gray vs NFO and Bre in GW4 . Bit of a punt .

I think Mount is a top 8m pick.

Chelsea have a great fixture run now with Leeds (a), Leicester (h) and Southampton (a).

I was torn between him and Luis Diaz but opted for Diaz in the end.

Hoping he gets returns against Palace tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Villa don't look good defensively, better 5m options than him. If you have a spare ft and no other issues, getting rid wouldn't be the worst idea.

I'd go Walker if you don't already have 3 City.

Nailed for the next few games and a steal at 5.0 - wish I went him over Grealish.

He should do you until the next couple weeks til first good opportunity to WC.

Walker would be my no.1 pick aswel but already have Ederson, Cancelo and Haaland. I’m leaning towards Dier atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Did mount to Foden last week and thinking of doing Foden to Kulu this week.

I don’t want Foden long term as my 3rd city player, i only did that transfer last week as I thought city would thrash Bournemouth.

I think Foden to kulu would be a good longer term option and to have abit of that Spurs attack as I don’t have Kane or son (Salah and haaland are my premiums)

yeah all good points but I might reluctantly stick with Mount for another 1 or 2 GWs only due to his fixtures being favourable. I will be ready to shift him on but giving him another chance for now

That 8m midfield position seems a bit of a trap, Foden/Grealish rotation risks, Diaz potentially too when Jota gets back, Kulu/Richarlison rotation possible as well, Maddison not really worth 8m, not sure on Saka either. Will watch Liverpool tonight and if Darwin starts and does well then Im going to be seriously tempted to take the money out of Mount and on to him, would deal with the Bailey problem at the same time with 2FTs

I think that Maddison is worth 8m - 12 goals and 11 assists last season - he isn’t going to be rotated and will want to try as much as he can to get into the England wc squad - goal and assist already this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Darwin to someone , might need a -4 now

• Advertisement
Advertisement