Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• I went to GP nurse to get the 30 staples out and the wound opened up again. GP saw me and prescribed very strong antibiotic, had my abdomen packed, sent me to hospital clinic that afternoon, surgeon removed dead flesh so I literally was looking into my stomach through the gaping hole, feeling very unwell. Surgeon said I needed to see a nurse every day for next few weeks. And doctor once a week. She was Spanish and shocked there was no nurse available. I was in morphine and too unwell to drive, so it was taxis every day to GP nurse and pay the nurse fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Joe really does have the mind of a 10 year old boy.

• A lot of practices don’t have even one nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,836 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He thinks the doctor arrives at your house by car for the slightest illness like in The Waltons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

GP Society firing up lawyer's letter, right now.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

Is it just the older generation that half ride their phone when trying to operate it so the sound comes out arseways?

Listen Cawlurs, I sympathise but your living in cuckoo land, this has been how GP'S Have operated for over 20 years, maybe more. I'm not saying its right but this is not new

• Ambulance service refused to send an ambulance to a critically ill person, disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Years ago doctors had no clinics or crap clinics that you'd probably come out more sick than you went in. It was in their interest to do house calls instead of building a proper clinic. It was probably when the more enterprising younger doctors came along and realised there was a market for people who wanted to get seen to quickly in a clinic and that's when the culture changed

• Advertisement

Ambulance service now assess every call and have levels of priority, again nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I must have got lucky with my recent two week trip to James hospital.

A and E was busy (came via ambulance it took 30 minutes of panicked call from husband and neighbour to get one) but they got me a bed (I was in hall to start) and took terrific care of me. Staff were under serious pressure but did their very best. Worst thing was not having my other half with me tbh. Still really strict for visitors

• If you are living alone e and phone and ambulance for yourself they don’t take it seriously. I found that, when I had to do it, and only when I collapsed in the ambulance did they see I was genuinely sick. Had 4 hour emergency surgery.

Arrival by ambulance generally means your prioritised but delighted your stay was a positive one 😉

Precisely Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,095 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sure Dr Legg would always call out to patients in Walford:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

facetime with peggy aged 103

Same with Dentists and medical card schemes, not being paid so don't so this work

Getting an ambulance was a struggle...but my husband kept ringing them as did neighbour. Took a good 30 minutes I had collapsed and couldn't stand so in a bad way.

Ambulance tbh were a bit clueless...they were convinced it was food poisoning and gave me nothing. It was acute pancreatitis and I need to get my gallbladder out.

Thanks on mend they looked after me well when I got in.

The public are not informed deliberately by HSE

• Advertisement
    M

Surely sending out €200k worth of kit with 2 trained technicians aboard to basically taxi someone to a hospital is criminal?

M

We should bring in €20 fines for no shows at medical appointments too.

So lucky, I broke my leg badly at the start of the Pandemic, 3 hours for ambulance, they were fantastic but my god if I was critical, I'd not be on da live line thread 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• It’s definitely about 25 years since I’ve heard of a GP doing a house call. Except in very rare cases. Actually twice in early 2000s when I got abrupt onset pneumonia with a lot of haemoptysis the DubDoc did actually come out to give penicillin injection in middle of night, but that was the end of that kind of thing. Since I presented at an A&E by taxi under same circumstances and they put me on IV antibiotics and respiratory therapy for a few days.

• Did Joe never have to call a GP out to his leg?

Social cohesion has definitely gone in communities unless your a Ukrainian refugee, makes me sick, elderly neighbours get no visits and these f#cking Ukrainian flag waving Numpties asking if I coukd offer lifts to Tullamore, go F#CK yourselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

This Dr sounds like he's prescribing himself some stimulants

Advertisement