Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News from the North

Options
  • 15-08-2022 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭downcow

The North is awash with pretty grim footage and reports of sectarian behaviour at public events this weekend. I just watched RTE news (missed the first 10 mins) and not a mention of the goings on. I am wondering are you guys down South aware of the annual happenings? My reason for raising it is that I fear you may only hear of the disgraceful behaviour of isolated loyalists and not be aware of how widespread and normal republican sectarianism is.

in the last few days we have had:

irish rap band unveil mural of police officers being burnt in a police Land Rover with band member shouting ‘get the brits out’

belfast festival feile last night with widespread chants in support of the IRA

a professional footballer suspended by his club for wearing a t shirt at feile in support of Ira c/w Irish language in the shape of a rifle

etc etc etc

for balance I must mention that a unofficial stall at the apprentice boys parade was selling para regiment flags

I am sure you guys can’t wait to unite with us ?

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement