Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Eva's Great Escape

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It seems to be himself and the Romanians who are getting the work done and Eva turns up for the cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Ffs, a complete failure of a show, why didn't they hold off airing it until they had captured it actually opening?

supposed to open summer 2020 no bookings page so i suspect its not sure its opening

https://www.solaralvura.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

She's a ****in header is what she is, I've always said it. That place might never be opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ffs, a complete failure of a show, why didn't they hold off airing it until they had captured it actually opening?

It was a complete shambles of a show, they didnt have a completed hotel to show us so instead they came up with the idea of putting a lick of paint on a single bedroom and then having a party for the closing scenes. But the person who the title of the show is named after doesnt show up for the party and leaves her family with egg on their face. What a mess, its astonishing that RTE went ahead and screened it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It was a complete shambles of a show, they didnt have a completed hotel to show us so instead they came up with the idea of putting a lick of paint on a single bedroom and then having a party for the closing scenes. But the person who the title of the show is named after doesnt show up for the party and leaves her family with egg on their face. What a mess, its astonishing that RTE went ahead and screened it.

Was that the last show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Terrible show ... embarrassed to admit I watched all 3 episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Muahahaha wrote: »
    There wasn't even a completed bedroom to show at the end of it - they had a chair, a headboard, no beds and a set of curtains, missing a few rings.

I didn't see the twist in the tail coming, but then after all it did live up to the title, she made her Great Escape at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is she actually a doctor? Or is it one of those collect tokens from milk cartoon qualifications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭ax530

Only watched tonight, her husband & son didn't seem too suprised at her no show.
    I do hope he manages to make a go of it even as a normal hotel wouldn't fancy booking to go over for weight loss only to find out she not around.

leck wrote: »
    There wasn't even a completed bedroom to show at the end of it - they had a chair, a headboard, no beds and a set of curtains, missing a few rings.

I didn't see the twist in the tail coming, but then after all it did live up to the title, she made her Great Escape at the end.

:D

yeah the bedroom was a laugh with no bloody bed !

Twitter was not impressed

https://twitter.com/Chocarose/status/1224099910590615553

https://twitter.com/alflats11/status/1224097966312562688

https://twitter.com/CoHesl/status/1224098191089590274

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

If I was a prospective client here, I would not be impressed. The husband send a genuine man, and the poor son looked embarrassed. Also a horrid attitude to the workmen, not the way to get people on side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

madmaggie wrote: »
    If I was a prospective client here, I would not be impressed. The husband send a genuine man, and the poor son looked embarrassed. Also a horrid attitude to the workmen, not the way to get people on side.

For Series 2 they should get in Francis Brennan to run the place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

She complained that the interior designer called in sick but then called in sick herself to her own party.......

The toxicity of the comment she mafe to her son.... you should be an.orthopaedic surgeon.... so much toxicity in that comment.... even though made in jest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mothers response to this was People would rather spend a few weeks in Mountjoy than there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Biggest pile of sh!te ever aired at prime time on a Sunday night.
    It's no wonder RTE are cash-strapped .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Follow up episode to this on Monday 8th at 9.35pm on RTE1.

Sweet suffering jesus, Eva back to wreck the gaff again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

They're not the most appealing people

I hope she's putting that on for the camera, my god no wonder the relationship failed. My 4 year old has a higher standard when arguing with me.

Also why put the demise on your marriage on TV, no cheque is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Denny61

Who does this one think she is that people in Ireland would want to watch her and her pathetic life .she's yesterday's news ..move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This is more like Keeping up with the Orsmonds.

Not sure what the actual point of the program is?

Why hire an interior designer in the first place if you clearly knew better all along eh? And what was cooked there? If I'm telling you even I could have cooked/ seared what was it tuna? and some chopped tomato and beans or asparagus then you have a problem with what you are serving to paying guests 😅

Well Eva is consistent in continuing on the car crash. I love how the interior designer took the opportunity to come back on the show, basically say Eva is a weapon to work for and then leg it out of there again.

From the end the way she was going on about the hotel it is all her dream, this is what she wanted. The husband only got involved in this becasue he thought it would help save their marriage. Now he is in the nightmare scenario where he is 2 million in debt with his psycho ex wife who is spending money hand over fist and hasnt a clue how to run a hotel. This is not going to end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Salad dressing on seared tuna?!

would not ge impressed if I forked out good money for that bland, boring dinner…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Does "Great escape" in the shows title refer to the husband finally getting away from the fake doctor??

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hamburgham

She is an absolute witch, a truly horrible person. How on earth did the husband ever put up with her. He seems decent enough, you can only feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've seen this Tripe but my word the Indo's review was brutal , sorry its pay wall but the header says it all .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Hahaha the son looked so interested in helping when they get 90% occupancy. I don't blame the kids for getting as far away as possible from her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hamburgham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It just stood out when I spotted the review, it didn't hold back 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement