Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Shocking start to the season I hope I'm wrong but getting 2020/21 vibes off this season. Injuries already playing a part 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Can't blame palace for time wasting or Tierney.

We were wasteful in front of goal. Slow on the ball. Conceding first...again. Nunez letting the team down.

Milner is 36. Started. Our squad looks sufficient on paper only. Already costing us.

Our fullbacks looks less creative. Mo has no space.

Trying to tell myself it's a long season etc but city are relentless. Feels a gap already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Interesting to see how city go, if Haaland and a few others get injured they could be in trouble too. Zinchenko gone, Jesus gone. Long way to go this season.

chelsea and spurs on the rise too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Gomez excellent when he came on, thought VVD was poor enough tonight.

Henderson gives us a lot of purpose and drive, he's a huge loss when he does'nt play.

Nunez will learn, the thing is, with his price tag he needs to learn fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just not happening up front at the moment. Ridiculously stupid by Nunez but in a funny way might have won a point as we were going nowhere. Elliott and Van Dijk played very well. Trent better than last week. Mo was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I haven't seen one person debate it otherwise....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Summer recruitment will cost us

A worse starting 11 and worse squad than last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tough call for motm between Diaz and Elliott but I think Elliott just shades it. I don't think any player worked harder than those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Angry at that.

Nunez with an amateur hour mistake, but that aside, we're not ready for the season. Very undercooked.

Diaz, for all his ability to do what he did, is still not in sync with patterns up front. He wants to play heroball constantly.

There just isn't any rhythm in possession yet. Some of the play is of the customary intensity, but the patterns of play just aren't.

It's all very predictable and pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

True.

Nunez for Mane looks to be one of the biggest downgrades ever. Need the other lads back fit asap.

WTF will we do when midweeks come around.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I miss Sadio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nunez has cost Liverpool the win there. All the good will he built up the last couple of weeks is thrown away again. Needs to control that aggression or whatever. Keep the head.

Really gonna be lacking a focal point next weekend now, and the midfield is now a massive issue. Elliot is the only one looking like he can play at the moment.

Gomez a positive when he came on, more assured than Phillips in the challenge and passed the ball forward much quicker. Hopefully he’ll be fully fit for next week if needed.

Elliot was fantastic and Luis seemed to come alive after the red. But apart from that, poor all round. We really need Jota more than anyone else to get back in the team.

Just a bit on Zaha, I’ve always thought he is a really good player who should be at a bigger club. I know he is 29, but if we need a replacement for Bobby, we could do worse than take him for a couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah that was a poor night all round.

Palace are an incredibly ordinary team, even when we were down a man they offered next to nothing. But they just had to be organised to frustrate us.

Nunez won’t last long at Liverpool if he’s going to be riled up that easily. I hope Klopp gives him an absolute bollocking. Will cause us headaches in attack for the next few games now.

Diaz goal was unbelievable, and to be fair to him he ran his socks off for the cause, wasteful but one of our better players. Salah was quiet too.

Its too early to judge anything, but with our injuries(and now suspensions), creaky midfield and new look forward line that needs bedding in, might be a while before we see them back to their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Plenty implied, blaming Andersson for taking a tumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

24 shots. 1 goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Apparently the pitch invader ran on as he wanted a selfie with Klopp. In injury time with Liverpool attacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I hope, and expect, Klopp to tear fcuking strips off Nunez in the dressing room.

• Advertisement

I don't think your logic makes sense.

Anderson induced the reaction obviously but pointing that out in no way means it wasn't a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He milked it no doubt but Nunez should have seen red for the earlier head contact alone.

Why he was so aggrieved that Anderson pushed him for it makes it even worse. If you’re going to play that sort of game expect it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A Uruguayan hothead, been a while since we had one of them fiesty buggers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least he didn't bite him.

Elliott is going to be a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Nunez could have got 2 red cards. Disappointing result but a decent performance over all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

6 prem games in arow we have conceded first not including the semi and final of CL to boot. Jurgen has to address the high line issue as that almost 8 games now we've conceded first.

Games away to teams like Fulham will always be difficult but playing like that at home struggling to score again against a well organised compact defence is a huge concern. We seem to have lost out attacking identity. it's incredible really after selling mane Taki and Origi we now have Bobby, Jota and Nunez missing .

It's absolutely unacceptable we are starting Milner in games like this and bringing him on Vs Fulham at 60min mark to turn things around . We urgently need a midfielder.

Gomez in fairness looked silky smooth compared to Philips but on flip side Kostas was absolutely diabolical. So much to be concerned about the first few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sadio was rubbish for stretches of the last few seasons. He mis controlled the ball more and more last year till he moved central. People keep forgetting how frustrating he was. Nunez is young and has the attributes to be just as potent if he can fulfil his potential (and not get sent off).

Liverpool have created the most xG in the PL so far, but not scoring the goals....

For all the idiocy of Nunez with his red card, he should have scored a goal or two before that. That worries me more right now. Players will always have red mist.

Weren’t there stretches last season when it was the same? Loads of scoring chances created but no end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would be more worried they are not creating the chances

• Advertisement

Yeah, but that happens.

The fact that they are still creating chances gives me some hope. It would be an awful lot worse if they were not creating chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm more worried if Nunez isn't finding himself in those spaces than finishing them. Klopp will rip him over that stupidity, 3 match ban hurts us.

Yeah just said the same there now

At risk of being too positive after 2 bad results, it does give you hope because at least the platform is there. Need a Jota type to just knock them in awkwardly

Same, but when you are creating that many chances, it’d be great to have a tap in merchant, I’m still confident Nunez will get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nunez needs time. Anyone writing him off already needs their head checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I know Klopp wants to wait for the right player and it's admirable to want to do this in a way that preserves the spirit of the club but I feel there must be a better way than playing at a breakneck pace.

Klopp's system seems to be very heavy on the players bodies and it's going to take its toll I feel.

To be honest, I can see why there aren’t any takers for Nat at 15m. He is all heart, but a limited CB at PL level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Oh Christ, I’ve only just seen what Nunez’s first game back will be. The Merseyside Derby, at Goodson Park.

That will go one of two ways…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Nunez misses United, Bournemouth and Newcastle back for the derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Klopp with a very sensible interview. Looks like he's already spoken to Nunez and made it clear that's not the way to act. Also going to put him through his paces while he's out.

Elliot was brilliant tonight but tired in the second half before he was taken off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Totally agree with this. He's barely played 3 games and people are overreacting. The price tag is not his problem and he's not the first player to get sent off for being frustrated.

Yeah I would be too.

Let's see how he reacts to an absolute bollicking from Klopp. Up to Nunez to prove himself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He's perfect for a team playing with a deep back four. He hasn't the pace to play in our high line though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Of course he took a tumble, made a huge meal of it, but Nunez very nieve to get involved with him.

Really poor performance, really poor result. Someone used the phrase 'lack of composure' at half time, and I can't think of a better term to describe us for the first hour.

Only with 10 men did we sharpen up, a combination of different personnel (Hendo and Joe) and having no choice but to sharpen up. We had no rythem until then, all stop/start/sideways stuff.

Diaz and Nunez are very promising but are far from the finished article, Nunez in particular is trying too hard. We missed Bobby and Sadio so bad tonight. No point pining over Sadio I know, but we are still a lot weaker up top then we were.

Injury list is crazy though

Konate, Joe, Joel, Thiago, Naby, Hendo(?), Bobby, Jota, really stretched at the minute, and now Darwin will miss 3 games.

A couple of scouts around the league will be feeling vindicated tonight, regarding not spending 15 million on Nate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Are we likely to dip into the transfer market at this late stage? I initially thought no and was giving out about the fact but surely with the injury list they have to be looking at a player or two?

And I'm not just talking about and player but ones who hasn't been earmarked but under the Bellingham level. Maybe that's just wishful thinking

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have we ever bought anyone significant this late in the window under the current management?

I reckon our business is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can't understand people thinking Diaz isn't good enough. He gave everything tonight and pulled a piece of magic out of nowhere. Probably best attacker against Fulham too.

Maybe the forced break for Nunez might help him further adapt in training.

January window, Diaz signed on the 30th. Circumstances (spurs offer) meant Liverpool had to act, I think we are in that position again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

This, have people forgotten how rubbish Mane was for the 18 months leading up to Christmas just gone. There was endless posters on here saying we should have cashed in on him the previous summer. He was also on there verge of been dropped when Diaz came in and hit the ground running. Only injuries to Jota and Firminho got him the gig through the centre...

Advertisement