Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Pegasus 38 Mens Running Shoes 65 euro reduced from 119

Comments

Thanks op. Been looking for new Runners for the past few weeks. Glad to see these recommended. They can get added to the rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

Nice one, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭billyhead

What's the sizing like on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

More of an Asics man myself, but these sound good and a hell of a lot cheaper than Nimbus. Are these true to size? Reviews suggest they are a bit wider than predecessor, is that the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

I think as regards sizing if you're not sure then maybe just try on a pair of 39s (or 38s if they have any in stock) in lifestyle/elverys/jdsports . I think returns are free if you are Nike club member

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

I moved from Pegasus 35 to 38 just a few weeks ago and found sizing identical. At this price combined with Revolut cashback (I think 6% on sale items) I picked up another pair.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Thanks OP. I wear the Structures. The last ones down to 70ish too

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Good running shoe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Depends on your foot and what you want it for.

I am due some new runners. Might buy these aswell to give them tryout.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the insight, very clever

A great example of precisely the type of smart arse commentary that has ruined boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭skinny90

cool the jets, the response was valid.

running shoes are soo personable these days especially with all the variables (feet and terrain etc )

personally il go for the trail 3 but that’s me

Post edited by skinny90 on

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Great deal, OP! My 38's are well worn now so this is a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thank you OP ordered last night to replace my old pair of these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I wasn't trying to be a smart arse. Different shoes suit different people. I had a Nike Air a number of years ago and nearly crippled me. Now because of my aging bones and that I run on the sides of my feet (over pronation) I need extra cushioning in certain areas and I have slim feet so a wide base would be too roomy.

Are you running on roads, trails, sand etc all need to be considered.

The cost of runners is such that I don't want to buy a pair and then realise that they do not suit me and have to buy another pair.

No one here can tell you of this runner is right for you. But if this meets your specific requirements then it is a decent runner. Not top of the line by any stretch but is a good 'workhorse' as per the article I linked to.

I even posted an independent review for you to save you googling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

These are a great runner - my last pair wore out quite quickly and I've since switched to the considerably more expensive Saucony's, but for €65 they're brilliant value and perfect for wearing out on long runs

Purchased - great tip OP - thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭TheRona

Off topic, but running on the sides of your feet is supination, or under pronation. Unless you mean flat feet, or rolling in?

In any case, these shoes should be fine for underpronation or neutral, but I'd go for something with more support if you're an overpronator.

You are absolutely correct 👍🏾

Unfortunately I also have tendonitis in my Achilles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Does snyone have any idea how Nike sizing compares to Asics? I'm a 9 - 9.5 in Asics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Can these be worn as casual runners or are they only useful for actual running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭TheRona

Of course they can. Virtually any running shoe can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Good to know thanks TheRona😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

This also qualifies for 10% "student" Discount for verified unidays members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

The €65.97 price still applies to the black and white colour only - but now if you buy two you can get a further 25% off - so 2 for €98.96 - amazing bargain if you will make use of two

Advertisement