Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

You don't get a location preference within Dublin. I got start date and location together. I can't understand why they give you a start date before your location. Who gave you the start date? In my case it was the HR for the department I will be working in. I had 2 weeks holidays booked within a few weeks of them wanting me to start. I told them this and they agreed to start me after my holidays. They said it's not a problem, they always come across these issues- people have things already pre-booked. Considering yours is just a weekend, I'd imagine it wouldn't be an issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Hello, after submitting vetting form to clearance, do you get something else to fill out from gardai for previous addresses? & how long does that take? Thanks

The vetting form includes stating all previous addresses...

One I got only asked for current address & eircode, no mention of previous.

Strange. I would have thought it was a standard form for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnc9380

Just wondering if there's anyone with experience of smaller county panels. I'm on the Louth panel, OOM 84. Passed interview nearly 2 months ago and sent in location preferences just after. Haven't heard anything since. It's an agonizing wait. Just wondering if anyone has had similar experience and how long they were waiting for clearance to be in touch. Thanks guys

Hi, I interviewed early May, location preferences a few days after interview results. Called for clearance 7th July. I'm in a small county, early 90's in OOM. PAS are very good & quick to reply, drop them a quick email asking where they are up to, will give you a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi @Johnc9380 I've been waiting over 2 months for Offaly also, I rang pas this week and they were able to tell me how many were ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

So i had my interview last week for Dublin and got an email to say id passed on Monday and im on a panel. Realistically what are the chances of employment? This is probably a stupid question or one thats been asked already. Should they have rang me yet about vetting etc?

@Shoelaces Sounds like you have a good chance. I was 2 months from interview stage to Garda vetting and reference stage. Once you get through that you will be offered a position within a week or so. The panel is open until end of Jan 2023 so I'd imagine you will be offered a position by then. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

HI All just sent off my garda vetting 2 days ago. Does anyone have an idea on average how long it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

It will be different for everyone. I have not had many addresses in the past 40 years to account for nor have I ever been in front of a judge, so bear that in mind when I tell you how long mine took. I submitted mine on the 2nd of August and it came back yesterday the 11th. I have to go through special clearance due to the department I was offered and I am unsure if it was done at the same time or if I still have to wait for word back on that. I was advised the clearance can take up to 3 months on the email I got so I am not sure. You can check for updates online through the email you got. I am in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Hi, do you mind if I PM you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Did they say Justice means a Garda station or a court house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

Is the panel not 2 years? Applications only start Dec 21. Should panel not last the entirety of 2023 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

@drippininheat - this is from the CO booklet

"It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31st January 2023."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elai

Hi

I got notification yesterday I passed the interview for Kerry. Does anyone know what number they are up to in Kerry. My number stayed the same after doing online test I thought it might change depending on my

interview. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

I sent off my Garda vetting, it took about a week but with the department I was assigned there is another garda vetting and it can take a min of 6 weeks, it's been about 6 weeks now and no start date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

In same boat looking fwd to better work life balance

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

I had to have special clearance for my dept it took about 11 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

In my case its either the probation office in tralee or the fss building in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AntH971

Got my start date for the 12th September in Dublin, placed in Revenue. Anyone started in one of the divisions already or know already if there are days people can work from home? I’ll be commuting from Offaly, so less travelling is a big one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Its amazing how many people are bulling to get their interment papers. 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monaghan2022

Just as they don’t show up as often here for co 2022 interview they’ve called up to order of merit 37 for Co. Monaghan and 32 for Co. Cavan.

doubt I’ll get a call this year but I did much better this year then last so hopefully I’ll do even better next year.

For EO I’m low 20s in Monaghan so might get a call on that panel. Louth I’m in the 70s so unlikely but we’ll see 😊

Post edited by monaghan2022 on

They've only interviewed as far as OOM 37 for Monaghan or placed up to that? I'm in 70s OOM for Donegal and did interview a week ago. No result yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monaghan2022

I

They’ve interviewed up to that. 😊 I’m low 60s for Monaghan so dunno if it will get to me this year.

Yeah I'm not holding out much hope of getting an offer either even though I've interviewed. Can't see them filling 70ish positions by the end of next January for Donegal. But maybe when EO interviews get going and offers it will open up some places. You never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

Depending on your division, you can apply to work from home from next month and the minimum days you can apply to attend the office is one day a month, so basically have to attend one day a month.

As a new CO, not sure what the story will be there. But the blended model / WFH will be launched next month and applications will open for blended working / WFH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I got an email from my co council saying i have reached the next stage, stage 3 and need to fill in an application form then next stage is interview, i don't remember doing an aptitude test for this and this was stage 2, would it be something to do with this campaign?

Its for clerical officer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

County councils are local authority they so they don't take from these panels. They typically run their own competitions.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement