Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

For everyone in clearance, do you know if the reference forms have been sent to your HR dept yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RubySun401

Yes, my departments HR received the forms the day after I confirmed to progress through clearance.

Post edited by redmgar on

It was indeed! I thought it would have waited until I returned the declaration form, but no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

So is this it. Is this the week we all get assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

I'm on two weeks leave so I'll be happy if I hear anything before I get back 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Does anyone know when the remainder of batch 1 are being interviewed?

They were all interviewed during the initial interview window as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

Mid September and mid October Pas told me for the next interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

No only the first 140 from batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

So are there batches 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 then batch 2 based on the results of the next lot of shortlisting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Batch one is considered whoever made the shortlisting from the 422 that were taking from Dublin in Stage 1. Up to oom 140 were called so far for interview from these, so there are still whoever placed from 140-422 oom to be called for interview. (I don't know how many they shortlisted out of the initial 422. Batch two will be the next batch that they call to the shortlisting phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

I understood it that of the 440 from batch 1 they would only be interviewing around about 140 and the rest didnt make it. I thought that once the 440 were assessed for shortlisting, they all got a new order of merit and were interviewed accordingly or got the "sorry you didnt make it" email.

I think out of the original 440 anyone that passed shortlisting will get an OOM. If you’re outside the initial 140 you’ll go into the second batch.

Would seem very unfair on someone who came 141 and is ruled out despite being shortlisted while someone who came in the 500’s is still in with a chance and competes against candidates who didn’t score as highly initially.

I'm guessing that the vast majority of the Dublin positions are in the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Anyone who made it through the shortlisting in Stage one will be called for interview, before they start shortlisting anyone who came below the 440.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

Is there anyone who has gotten through the interview (or know anyone else who has) who only had experience of managing a team of just 1-2 COs? Would you need to have experience managing a larger team to be in with a chance of being promoted? If anyone has any insight, I'd be really grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

I did a polite little chase up to see if my clearance had gone through, and when we might hear back.

"We hope to be in a position to assign candidates in the coming days.

We have sent the allocations for sign off so watch your messagebord over the coming days for your assignment notice."

So IMO we're getting our email this week in all likelihood, it seems like clearance is done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

I think that everyone who got an order of merit for batch 1 has been interviewed. Whether they interviewed 147 or 152 they only estimated that about 140 would reach the benchmark required to be interviewed. I am open to correction but that was my assumption. Next batch that will be looked at will be batch 2 after everyone from batch 1 has been assessed, shortlisted, interviewed then placed.

Is there anyone from batch 1 with an order of merit that hasnt been interviewed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

It'll be next week before my form gets back to publicjobs thanks to everyone above me being on leave in my place :( I'm sure others are in the same boat.

Lots of vacancies in Revenue for Dublin and a few secondment vacancies to the office housing Ukranians in citywest btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

Did anyone else get placed today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

@RubySun401 Are you happy enough with where you got? I got transport, dont really know much about it tbh.

Yeah I'm happy, I requested to stay in my Dept so was glad to see I got to stay! I don't know much about about transport so can't give any advice, although I will say anyone I know that knows people working in transport all seem happy there!

I got through the interview with little management experience and I know of a few others who got through with managing a team of only 1/2 or even with no management experience at all! I will say I've been through this process a few times and didn't pass and it can seem like a lot of focus can be on the size of the team you manage. But I've found what they're looking for is leadership skills more than management, so if you can talk about a project you led on, and how you ensured the rest of your team were on board with it etc you should have no problem with it!

If you have a team of just 1-2 COs you can easily bring in aspects of delegating, ensuring they understood their role and responsibilities, looking after their learning and developing needs, managing probation etc too, to add in under team leadership!

So I wouldn't worry too much about the size of team you've managed, you're in with a chance of getting through it as much as anyone else, it's all about how you sell your experience in the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

@RubySun401 thanks for helpful response, really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ak2015

I got OOM 166 in batch one and I'm still waiting to be called to interview so there is definitely more than 140 being interviewed from batch 1. I'm guessing they've interviewed batch 1.1 and I'll be in batch 1.2 and possibly there could be a 1.3 as well depending on how many placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ak2015

Apologies, I forgot to put your quote in when I was replying to you. Please see my response above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bearchairt

To those that have been appointed, what oom were you ? I'm in the top 20 and just wondering when I'll hear

Advertisement