Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This person who works at a business where im a client, they’d been working there since covid restrictions eased…. We only met for the most part in passing and they always seemed an extraordinarily friendly, engaging, humorous, professional and good natured human. For the first time yesterday I made a query to them regarding the service I needed assistance with. It meant they had to leave their desk… go to another part of their facility and come back 5 minutes later…

on confirming that they were not able to provide the service I requested, at such short notice they did confirm it was available online, which was weird because they could just have printed it…, I’m a current client of theirs having spent thousands of euros over a number of years….but anyway I just said ‘thanks’ and goodbye.. I went to the bathroom and on coming back witnessed said employee in an office with the door open having a fûcking full on meltdown tantrum to their colleague because I apparently ‘waited’ 15 minutes before closing to ask for help with something… this was weird because it was in full earshot of other clients. Having known or thought I’d known their nature and demeanour i was taken aback somewhat but this individual can get fûcked if they want to play smiley, happy ‘how are you, how is your day going ?’ insincere shîtshow schtick… obviously a fully paid up member of the FAF ( false as fûck ) club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

The amount of rubbish discarded at the sides of the roads lately is abhorrent, at first I thought it was because grass had died off in the heat exposing old stuff, but it's not, it's all new. 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A huge amount of knuckle-dragging ignorant savages out there. I live along the same road as a take away and a coffee shop. There's a constant stream of rubbish coming down the street, despite there being two bins available. No excuse for it and it drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If you cc me into an email, you don't also need to email me separately to tell me you've done the email. I can read.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Beside our green there are several council bins, there are usually full to the brim with domestic rubbish and often you see up to 5/6/7 bags there stacked beside them which people come along and dump there beside the bins if they are full, again, domestic waste.

i don’t have a plain view of these but from talking to neighbours for the last two years or so, there have been vans coming around the estate and dumping their rubbish there at night… it was imparted to me that it was a certain indigenous ethno cultural group… 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the best is when they phone you to tell you they have emailed you.

• People standing like statues on moving travelators. I just want t to run through them 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I had an unbroken 100% streak - 143/143 - and then forgot to do it on 3 June. Record ruined.

Haven't done it since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You should have knocked on the door and told him that while smiling politely. You would have been rewarded just by looking at his shocked and mortified face.

My TA is it's chilly and I'm contemplating putting the heating on for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ref rubbish - neighbour got some branches cut down off the tree and been piled against the walll for a while now. Today someone spotted them putting a few in their 1/2 sized brown bin and they got the son to drag more up into the a corner in the estate.

No wonder I roads are full of rubbish when people don't give a sh*t and expect others to clean up after them Same person owns a dog an gets out theve seen it sh*t in our garden but would you thing they would clean it up, no a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Driving behind a brand new car in traffic, must have cost maybe 45k, and the garage have only gone and put the number plate on crooked not even bothering to line up the two screws holding it, one frigging job for feck sake... People say I'm too precise, I'm a joiner by trade 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

20 caravans have moved into a nearby company car park in Citywest overnight. I suspect we are in for some interesting times ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who go out to the countryside and beaches etc to enjoy unspoiled nature but end up spoiling it by leaving their shite after them.

Came across the remains of a campfire above the rocks at one beach, cans, broken bottles, rubbish, items of clothing. Who the actual fcuk goes to a beach and leaves their underpants after them? That's a semi-regular thing actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who use umbrellas in the city centre. Nearly had me flippin' eye put out about ten times on my way to lunch. Bonus dickhead points if it's a golf umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've encountered a man recently he goes to the Saint Vincent De Paul and they give him Aldi vouchers. He goes around with sob stories saying how he needs cash instead. The story changes during the day. He'd generally sell a €30voucher for €20 cash. It sort of shows you where your money is going sometimes when you give to charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I dearly love my cat but jesus christ the little fcuker has my skin torn up from climbing on me. If anyone saw my back they'd think my husband was whipping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Little bit of a TMI TA here.

Needed to fart in the office today, and thought rather than fart here in a busy office, I want a smoke so I'll go outside and kill two birds with the one stone.

Went out back of the building on my own and sat on the fire escape that goes up to the second floor emergency exit, very basic steel structure, and a few seconds later farted. While it wasn't exactly a quiet one, whatever effect it had on the steel stairs it created an unbelievably loud noise like a missile being launched. Even the spider that lives in the hole in the handrail came out to see what had happened.

I'm convinced at least five people in the open window office above heard it, but am just hoping they had no idea what it actually was.

Additional TA is that this is actually the second time this has happened and I only remembered the last time when I heard the high pitch whoosh noise. Life lesson, dont fart on fire escapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Some prat on an electric scooter going the wrong way up a one way street this evening and jumping on and off the pavement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People calling to your house unexpectedly especially in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

people who doesn't clean up after themselves in the seating areas of deli's (Centra, Spar, chippers etc).. like, do they have servants at home? I really don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

People calling to your house unexpectedly one day after your elderly, confused and much frailer parent returns from 6 weeks of hospitalisation. Fuk off! Please give that man a chance to reorientate himself and me a chance to develop a new routine. And ring first to ask if it's a good time! I FINALLY got a chance to get in the shower at 12.30 after a morning from hell involving cleaning up a nasty toileting accident followed by PHN visit that lasted an hour. Home help team due to call between 1 and 2 to meet Dad. Just got out of the shower and doorbell went. No car in drive so I ignored. Get a phone call and Aunt is at the door demanding to know if I'm at home? Where the hell else would I be? Told her she'd have to wait til I got dressed, that we'd had a very tough morning and were expecting home help team shortly. Did she get the hint? No! I hadn't even had a cup of coffee at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Time to have a word, and if that doesn't work greet her with an abrupt "fcuk off" and close the door.

I hope your dad is ok and that you're managing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Some unelected wankstain spokesperson for the greens. Jesus christ such a toxic shower of cnuts to have in the Dail

And those **** spanners in RTE trying to tie in the death of a man on a stag as reason for it.

The man that died was the victim. Not the perpetrator

I'm from athlone, I'm accutely aware of what stags are like but they're largely no harm other than thw odd pain in the hole

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Delighted to hear he's back home, recovering. :) F*ck everyone else and their demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I hear you on the farting saga Archeron. I was on Ben Bulben yesterday climbing with a few others. Had a couple of black pints the night before. Thought that because there was a breeze I could let off a toot and not be noticed,which worked fine. Then a smell like rotten fish encircled me. Pretty obvious I made the pong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than a Ta but an alcoholic sibling who just has to spoil everything for everyone else and get nothing but abuse then when you stand up to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

STFU about Monkeypox.

Just over a 100 people infected and it persistently on the news like it was covid.

Seriously, if Covid was the blockbuster this sequel is the biggest pile of shite since Halloween III

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement