Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭mikethecop

every one knows what you meant and your sad attempt to legitimize twitter trolls says enough about that

a quick scan of your post makes it clear your purpose here , an old game i aint arsed playing with you regardless of which profile your using today

trying to muddy historical facts for political gain is a well worn shinner tactic too and should be called out as often as possible ,

any one celebrating nazis should be called out , unless of course you a shinner apparently :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There are party positions to abolish or change a whole range of taxes, including the LPT(€500m, used to help fund councils), at least some changes to USC(€4bn) plus some change to carbon tax, although they seem to have come round to not scrapping that. There is also that big tax increase on all the earners over €150,000 p.a.. There are not actually that many of them really but they are an easy target. Business too, via employer PRSI is a prime target and I seem to recall something on reducing VAT. And of course there are the MNCs and whatever special treatment they may have for them. All in all it kind of looks like FF of 1977!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

All Sinn Feins alternative budgets are available to view. All have been costed by the Dept Finance.

If they run out cash, they can just ask FF/FG were the magic money tree they seem to have found is

Costed just means that the numbers add up, not that they will actually get that much money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Everyone knows what I meant because I didn't mince my words to begin with, and when you appeared to get yourself confused with my point, I clarified.

All I did was point out the stupidity in Cllr McManus ' tweet (to be fair there's lots to choose from with his account) and explained why he, or his party most definitely shouldn't draw attention to Nazi collaboration, or what Irish groups chose the wrong allegiances in history wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, especially coming from Cllr McManus party.

As for the other rather thinly veiled accusations, if you feel I've an alternative profile, that's on you, but all it appears to me is when corrected on the stupidity of the tweet you posted on here, youre looking for a desperate way out.

For clarity, Ive only the one profile, though why I'm clarifying this to you, is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Costed means the Dept of Finance have checked the calculation behind each proposal.

It doesn't mean that the Dept of Finance have checked, or given an opinion, on the assumptions that underpin each proposal; and it doesn't mean the the combined impact of the proposals has been factored in either.

For example - they could propose increasing Employers' PRSI to 30%, and look for a costing based on the assumption that the number of people employed in Ireland, and their salaries, remains unchanged. They'll ignore that such a measure would likely reduce the number of people in employment and so 1) the income from it would be reduced and 2) it would like have a knock-on effect of a higher social welfare bill.

They'd also ignore the fact that any increased PRSI take would be a deductible expense for each employer's own corporation tax (or income tax) bill - and so this change would also have an impact on the takes from other tax streams as well.

It's a highly simplistic claim that Sinn Fein love to throw out there - because they know that the vast majority of their supporters will lap it up without bothering to dig into the detail of it.

sure thing obergruppenführer shirrup

its always the same reaction from certain types of posters pushing a specific agenda isnt it , almost like there is a strict party policy on what to say and how to react

its always the same reaction from certain types of posters pushing a specific agenda isnt it , almost like there is a strict party policy on what to say and how to react

It is indeed, you linking to Cllr McManus tweet being a prime example. Maybe next time, think about what he tweeted, study it for stupidity or hypocrisy before endorsing it, and drawing attention to it. His account is literally a running joke shop on Twitter.

so mlm wasn't at a commemoration event ofr a nazi collaborator then ? or are you just weakly trying to deflect from that fact

Mike, pay attention.

No one has said MLMD wasn't at the event, that's something you've pulled from the back of your corduroys.

Most likely this is a fruitless attempt at baiting or goading me into mentioning other political parties historical ties with Nazis and fascism, so I'll instead link back to the same point I've made repeatedly and consistently since you linked back to yet another of his embarrassing tweets.

McManus is literally on record of suggesting modern day SF have no connection with or to the IRA that his and the FF party claim as part of their own party's history, and by default, making Sean Russell part of their history.

And I'll sign off with this. When it comes to history revisionism and Nazi collaboration, Cllr McManus would do well to Google "Eoin O'Duffy" (him being founding member of McManus' party) his relationship with Franco, and then maybe ask for an explanation as to why there's no mention of him on his party's history page.

Now before I'm accused of taking the thread off topic, the above, (and it was you linking to his tweets), is merely my proof of his constant and consistent stupidity. Basically don't throw stones if you live in a glass House.

Basically, unless you want to attract the same criticism as Cllr McManus tweets get on an almost daily basis, give his tweets a wide berth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Incredibly disingenuous argument.#

FG threw O'Duffy out of the party because of his unacceptable views.

SF eulogise Russell, Adams, and all those others who killed and maimed innocent women and children.

Is that last sentence supposed to be some sort of "ill unleash the shinnerbot hate bot on you " threat ? 😀😀😀

poor auld sf cant decide weather to be nazis or soviets these days although commemorating Russell is a good start down one road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Is MLM back from the 2022 version of the Galway tent?

No, I was thinking more along the line of having people laugh and mock you, for retweeting/linking to/endorsing a well known Twitter account, that's all too often mocked and thought of as a long running idiotic account.

poor auld sf cant decide weather to be nazis or soviets these days although commemorating Russell is a good start down one road

This is my point about Russell, if you knew anything at all about the history of him, you'd know he also tried to secure arms and munitions from the Russians and the Americans too in an effort to fight the British. So that would make him a Communist/Capitalist/Nazi collaborator by my reckoning. Confusing I know, but you get the gist.

Oh, and it's whether by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cumann Na Gaedhal, which is really what FGs origin is, invited the Blueshrts to merge with them and form a new party. CnG actually wanted O'Duffy as the new partys leader. He was already a pound shop Mussolini back then and CnG had no problem with it, so much for unacceptable views 😂

FG never kicked him out of the party. He resigned and claimed that he left because FG were British stooges. It would not be the last time that such an accusation would be laid at their door 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Spotlight on SF now after Robert Troy was found out. Could really be a treasure trove of issues here as they are the largest property owners in Ireland by political party.

Ah Mark, don't expect the usual pile-on. Guirke is one of their own, the lads on here will give him a pass.

I am waiting for the big article from "ontheditch" on this news story because they are the real media these days who are not afraid to release news stories......

The back peddling and excuse on twitter etc is hilarious.

This is a huge blow to Sinn Fein, online supporters, the ditch etc. Only a few hours ago this was the most outrageous thing a TD could do. Now some people are even trying to say it was a simple error.

Fair play to the Indo for uncovering and after all the shouting about how terrible the media in Ireland. Strangely I don't see the Indo getting the praise that the Ditch got.

The question now is how many will fall from parties over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Looks like the’ black hole’ which surrounds SF goings on has been breached.

Let’s see will the same ‘froth on the chin’ merchants so “appalled “ and “shocked “ by the Troy story will pop up here.

Excuses are already rolled out.

Seemingly he will be in trouble if he does it again.

So much so for the minute by minute outrage during the Troy story. Now it seems all Troy had to say was "ahh I won't do it again"

Let him resign or force him out at election,we don't need this type gowl,profiting off the poorest, in this country

After Troy set the the standard, he simply has to follow. And hold the door open for Mary Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Have SF learned lessons from it?

(I mean, it would have been fairly simple to check with your own party members for breaches before slinging mud at others, now they have to apply their most hyperbolic reaction to their own, or look like hypocrites again)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Plenty of hyperbole around these parts Astro.

Can I say I am ‘shocked’ or ‘appalled’ or ‘devastated’ by the SF members carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭notsocutehoor

Just dropped back in for a look (just at the last page) and it's fantastic to see the level of distaste and infuriation at Mr Gurk's wee infraction. However, as far as I can see, aside from the morally outraged here and the Independent obviously, it appears to be getting very little traction in the broader community, certainly in comparison with Mr Troy's wee infraction, propably something to do with history and the expectation/acceptance that this was what you got from the soldiers/shirts.

Post edited by notsocutehoor on

This is why there has been so little political cross-spectrum outrage at the Troy story. Much as he was a complete idiot on his declarations this type of thing dragging on interminably for clickbait doesn't serve anyone. The Dail Ethics Committee and then SIPO need to provide absolute clarity on this area, preferably quickly.

• Advertisement

As I said on another thread the difference in the reaction online is because one if SF and the other is FF.

If the SF TD was wrapped up in the same carry on as the FF TD it would still not get the airtime online.

Any sort of infraction by a government TD and the online supporters clubs flood social media. Same happens with SF and well you can see what happens. 🤣 Kind of proves again which parties are flooding social media with trolls

A load of fake accounts flooding social media doesn't give a view of what is actually happening in the public. As I said on the thread about Troy, walk down the street and ask someone about Zappone and they will look at you and ask "Who?"

The best part of all of this, SF supporters lost the plot when Troy was a "wee infraction" because the full details didn't arrive for days. Yet when a SF TD had the same "wee infraction" it was passed off and the press release was the usual "ahh boys will be boys, he won't do it again".

Hilarious and a perfect example of the online supporters shooting themselves in the foot!!!

At least Paddy Cosgrove had the cop on to spot the issue and made a half assed attempt at trying to seem impartial on it.

Advertisement