Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Week 3 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Nunez has 74k transfers in since the GW opened. I have zero sympathy for anyone caught out. Transferring a player in before they even play is an unnecessary risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Darwin + Rashford to Toney + Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Robertson and Grealish to Walker and Diaz with my 2FT unless someone can convince me otherwise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two fts three options

Robbo and Bailey to Dunk and Diaz

Robbo and Archer to Cucurella and Toney

Bailey to KDH/cheap mid and roll other one

Quite like the Toney option, he's looking better than most of the mid priced mids, is nailed, on pens and has great fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not convinced about Diaz just yet, mainly because Pool look so off the pace. I think Walker is a solid pick though while other City defenders are out. You won't get many extras from him, but are always in with a shout of a CS.

Cheers, will have to move tonight as Toney is rising and I have the exact money. Not usually a fan of early transfers but don't mind so much at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bailey to Rodrigo, might get rid of Neto too later in the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking at Robbo out, but going to hold off and see if there is any more news on his (potential) injury during the week. TBH, he's probably gonna leave my team anyways, but leaving it later gives me the opportunity to know more.

I've missed out on the price rise with Toney so that will affect the 2nd player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Forced into a WC with Darwin last nite

Looking at

No Trent and having Sterling being the biggest deviations from the norm.

Basically its Trent + 8m mid V James + Sterling, I don't love any of the 8m mids and I've always liked Sterling, Chelsea have great fixtures and looked excellent v Spurs, think hes a viable captaincy option

I’ve just been tinkering with my FT’s and have looked at the same option and I’d rather not spend the 10m on Sterling. I don’t think he’s worth it.

I’d rather have an 8.0m (Mount over Sterling for me) or even one of the cheaper players. No great harm carrying 1-2m in the bank.

Surprised you’re going Harrison over Rodrigo.

I think I’ll have a fairly settled 10 players and use my FT’s on targeting poor teams. So fairly template plus one changing player to target Forest or Bournemouth (or any team I fancy to lose on that particular weekend). Forest could have conceded a few at the weekend.

edit - I don’t see the value in going without Trent

Also, Perisic has only played 35 mins so far.

I think theres a danger Rodrigo gets dropped for Sisisterra, thats according to a couple of leeds fans I'm in a group with

Sterling has double digit goals for each of the last five seasons, 20+ goal involvements, hes been priced at 12m, I just think there could be massive value there and I think if both him and Mount are going well then theres no comparison, Sterling is easily 2m better value. Sterling is a captaincy option this week and GW7 v Fulham

Losing trent is massive but are you confident that he keeps 15-20 clean sheets this season, they're not looking like it so far. People say you're not buying trent for the clean sheets but at the same time you're expecting 15 as a baseline. Looking at James v Trent for the next 10 I expect Chelsea to have more cleans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've actually hit the WC button as well, and likewise have dumped TAA. Sure I could be wrong on that but over the next 9 games, between playing 3rd/4th CB and having City, Chelsea and Arsenal I feel they may struggle for CS. I

Team is similarly enough to what I've gone for, I prefer Rodrigo over Harrisson, with Bamford injured again, and Rodrigo scoring 3 in 2 games, I think he will start further forward and Leeds are an attacking team.

Arsenal/Brentford both have a great run of fixtures so potential for some CS.

Do you think Cancelo + Sterling will outscore say CuCu + KDB?

If your looking at 8m players - Diaz/Maddison are both showing good form. Alternatively getting Toney as 3rd Striker, as I said Brentford have great fixtures and

Finally - all this talk of Chelsea buying Gordon from Everton for 50m - whose spot would he be taking?

Just on your Sterling comment - he was playing in a team that were scoring 25/30 goals more than Chelsea the last few seasons, and that doesn't count the chances created, Are Chelsea going to be creating that many for him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Need a replacement for Darwin ...have 1FT and 1mil ITB...

Toney or vardy stick out but already mbemo

• Advertisement

You’re an aggressive player so you’ll do what you do.

Trent is nailed on to start and that’s a big plus over some of the other options. Going from previous seasons he should score 180+

Mount is still only 23 and has improved his output for every year he has played.

I’d no idea Rodrigo was a rotation risk so that’s good to know.

Liverpool haven’t kept a clean sheet so far but you’d expect them to go on a run but yes they do look vulnerable to conceding even when they are steamrolling teams but I think Trent is the best value in the game at the prices.

Also, we should never overlook the importance of individual players to any team so if Kante is missing for a few games will Chelsea be more likely to concede ?

I am very close to selling Robertson to James or Trippier though. I might wait til GW 6 for the latter and also wait to see if Tuchel will just work it out and leave James as the RWB which is clearly his best position.

Welbeck maybe. Decent fixtures and he and BHA are playing well.

Bamford is back in training this week apparently. Its probably stubbornness on my behalf to stick with Harrison.

It came down to Zinchenko v Walker for the 5m spot, both have great fixtures, I think one City defender does nothing for you, you need the two to really benefit. Janssen is a great pick IMO

Yes I think Cancelo + Sterling outscore Cucu and KDB, is Cucu even a starter? Theres a lot of talk about Chilwells mental health but he started GW1 so its hard to know what hes fit for.

Can't see Gordon being a starter for Chelsea but Ronaldo would really scupper plans.

I love Maddison but its GW9 before I'd be getting him in but I also love Sterling as an FPL asset, had him C the day Antonio got his four goals, one of my best FPL days. I get what your saying about him not getting the same number of chances as he did at City but Chelsea scored more than Arsenal or Spurs last year and we double up on their attack

Will Trent or Cancelo score more over the next 10? I can have either currently

How would you rank, or which combination would you have, assuming you can have one of the top group and two from the bottom

Trent

Robbo

Cancelo

Ake

Walker

James

Zinchenko

FWIW I have Perisic as a lock in my team and I'm selling Trippier, fixtures are just tricky for the next 3-5 GWs

Toney is definitely another option I'm looking at, not sure I love the structure but it would allow me go to Mitro if I wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I came on here to see if anyone was thinking of using the wildcard. Seems to be a couple so maybe I’m not mad. Feel I need to make 5/6 changes quick before my mini league starts to get away from me.

Am now rocking a 5-2-3...there's a first time for everything!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My team is pretty solid so far. Have 2 transfers. I'll probably just bench Trippier for the tougher games instead of selling him. I think my priority is dumping Bailey and get in someone who rotates decently with Trippier.

Sanchez, Ward

Trent, Cancelo, James, Trippier, Gabriel

Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Bailey, Andreas

Haaland, Jesus, Archer

On current form and fixtures, and following your choices given, I’d have Cancelo from the first group with Walker and Zinchenko from the second group. I value the certainty of starts when it comes to James v Zinchenko.

I agree with Perisic being a lock and I understand you’re only looking at the next 10 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea I wasn’t planning on doing it but between price rises and form felt need to play it -

Interesting that you'd have Zinchenko over James

It’s tough.

Trent, Cancelo, Perisic, Robertson, James, Zinchenko, Trippier, Walker and, to a lesser extent, Chilwell and Cucurella are all possible premium long term holds.

I’m trying to pull back on my time spent playing FPL this season so when possible I’ll go with the safer pick. Safer meaning more likely to start. It’s why I started with Robertson and Trent.

edit - it’s also why I should have just started with Trippier and Zinchenko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dunno weather to make one or two transfers or go bold and play the wildcard!

My team atm is this.

Ward

Trent, Cancelo, James, Robertson

Bailey, Salah, Mount, Martinelli

Haaland, Jesus

Iversen, Andreas, Williams, Archer

Nothing in the bank and 1 free transfer for this week.

I am looking at getting rid of Bailey first and foremost but the only real options that look in any kind of form are one of the Brentford lads more than like Da Silva.

If I leave it at that I am giving the likes of Mount Robertson and Ward another week maybe two otherwise I have to do something.

This season is already starting to look like prices are gonna go up and down at the drop of a hat and the longer you leave certain moves your fucked!

Really I don't want to play the wildcard just yet but if I taught I could get ahead of the crowd and avoid missing out in a week or two I dunno maybe its the right option or should I just take Bailey out this week and maybe one more say Ward at the most?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

I wouldnt be playing a WC with that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah the thinking behind the wildcard was maybe I could just get it over with on certain moves but I do feel a lot of these players have good fixtures and could and should come good well hopefully! ha

The main two I'm looking at is Iverson and Bailey for maybe Sanchez/Raya and Da Silva for a -4.

Or I could give Ward one more week as a starter and just make the one change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Decided to wildcard and on this:

Ramsdale

TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Cucurella

Salah, Martinelli, Kulusevski

Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Pereira, Lavia, Archer

Could switch the below players:

Ramsdale to Mendy

Cucurella to Zinchenco

Kulusevski to Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭dasa29

I would not wildcard this team for only 3 transfers, as I would take the FT plus -8 and I would only wildcard my team for 5 - 6 transfers minimum.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I transferred into the team mentioned and the three changes were suggestions on the changes I already made.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭dasa29

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Saka owners - what are ye doing?

I’m sickened I went with him over Martinelli. It’s looking like he might fall in price too. That really leaves it difficult for me to switch him to another 8m mid if needed, and if his prices goes down to 7.9.

I could do Saka to Martinelli but it could easily back fire and it’s a little boring.

I could punt and bring in Mount or Maddison now.

I could just hold him and hope for the best.

I’m thinking of the last option for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Planning to sell for Kulu this week as have the funds in the bank. If I didnt have Martinelli already I'd do that transfer and use the funds elsewhere as needed

This week I'm looking at

Raya

N. Williams Cancelo James Zinchenko

Salah Martinelli Neto ASM

Jesus Haaland

Alisson TAA Greenwood Andreas on the bench.

I'm thinking no transfer this week, maybe swap ASM out for TAA, who hasn't been doing much so far at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I know Liverpool defence has been shakey but it seems crazy to me to bench Trent and Alison against United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thats not the 11 I’d pick from your squad. Id suggest it isn’t the 11 anyone else would pick either! Trent on the bench is madness to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bailly about to drop tonight.

Anyone getting rid before the drop?

Rather bank the transfer but also don’t want to lose out as the 4.5 mids not too enticing and then prices me out of upgrading 0.5 elsewhere (unless said player has also dropped)

Dewsbury Hall the only one half tempting me at 5.0 or less. Already own Pereira.

Thanks all.

I put TAA back in. Yes Utd are terrible right now, but I just have the fear that they’ll have a good game next week. It’s a gut thing, probably very wrong, and the stats don’t back me up, but there it is.

I made a transfer as well, Andreas to Jensen.

line up

Raya

TAA Cancelo N. Williams Zinchenko James

Salah Martinelli Jensen

Haaland Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

This is the one thing I increasingly hate as I get older about fantasy football - price rises/falls.

It was grand when I was young, single and bugger all responsibility - loved nothing better than trawling through sites like FPL Statistics, seeing who I could catch on the rise/dodge from dropping but now it is just plain hard work/time consuming

Presuming you meant 'Bailey' about to drop, I am in the same boat.

I have 2 free transfers and should probably use one, rather than wasting it, but would prefer to wait until the end of the week to decide what to do.

Have Andreas, not sold on da Silva or Jensen, could try a lucky dip into the Wolves midfield, March & Lallana could have scored at least 2 each against Newcastle, Dewsbury Hall is probably the best bet in that price range. Want Rodrigo but need to find 0.6 million somewhere (0.7 if Bailey drops).

I think I am just going to stick tight and do something Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Thats who I went for. Nice player, should be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Rashford stinking up my team, gone for Diaz and walker in robbo and rashers out, think Diaz will be buzzing after that goal and with Nunez out could be a good outlet for attack, walker seemed like solid 5m option, and rather double on city at the back than arsenal,

Williams is starting to look a decent starting option now moving forward also

I own Bailey and haven't really had the time to create an escape plan for him yet. I guess that time is now! While it's not nice to lose team value, it's also on a sub for me.

I like Brentford's run but their only options in the price range for MIDs are Da Silva who is really outperforming his XG, Jensen who doesn't really get goals & assists usually & Damsgaard who hasn't played yet.

I might just have to go with Da Silva and catch a price rise perhaps. Maybe even 3, and gain 0.1.

After all, it is a sub swap mainly, or a player number 11 at best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Brought in Xhaka for Bailey, rolling other FT.

Is Brighton 's Gross an option or is that 2 goal game a once off? He does take penalties tho, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

With Maupay seemingly heading off, Gross could well be on pens.

I'd like him myself in place of Bailey but too expensive for me.

Could do without the Bailey headache!

• Advertisement
Advertisement