Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Pumps - post here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yep, in my defense I had a 2 year old shouting at me at the time 😅

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Punchin A Keyboard

I am not sure about the anti freeze in the newer monoblocks but then again I'm not a plumber and it's going to be a good few months before I get to the point of having a heat pump installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the Immergas Magis heatpump range?

Thanks in advance

Dozz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

I've currently put out for quotes for a drop in air source HP.

Just wondering if anyone has had any quotes recently for something in the 5-6kw range? What would I be looking at (roughly)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

I had a quote of €3000+vat for a 8Kw monoblock if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

That seems very cheap. What brand and model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

Any chance you could PM the supplier? Is that for the HP or fitting included?

Its a Midea M Thermal Monobloc google Irish supplier just supply not fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Biker1

Beware of Heat Pumps imported from China as they don't have certification and if you are going for a grant it will not be paid without it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Hmmm that's not too bad... 8kw at 35c, scop of 5, drops to 3.5ish at 50c but thats still decent.

If day rate was 25c (let's not even talk about night) that's 7-8c/kw of heat.

Oil.. say 8kwh per litre would need to be 60c/L to be parity.

Midea even do Chinese is up there with the best and one of the quietest on the market. Also Midea is one of the largest heat pump Aircon company's in the world. If you Google them you will see. Sure Grants heat pump is Chinese also probably most of the components on others are made in China too. :-). The Midea also has a 10year warranty. I don't have any affiliation with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I have a Midea myself and it’s brilliant. You could be standing next to it and not hear a thing, the interface is also fairly easy to navigate and keep on top of.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

I just moved into a new build and the heat pump is great. I programmed for the water to be heated to 65 degrees and in the kitchen sink it can be too hot to touch.

The weird thing is the showers get to a nice temperature but nowhere near what I get tin the sink. Is something wrong?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The showers now are nearly all thermostatically controlled, and it balances the hot with the cold for a constant temperature.

A bit like the mixer tap in the sink but automatic.

That's good to hear they do get great reviews what size unit? How big is the house? Are you running rads or UFH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It’s an 8kw unit in an 80sqm house, but an extension is going on in a few years so we got slightly bigger than we need now, running rads at the min but UFH will go in downstairs with the planned extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is there somewhere I can get a ball park on getting a HP installed in our house or a similar thread to this one?

I am getting PV in next month and was wondering if there is value in going the whole hog.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Folks if you have a good HP service company can DM me please.

I had a great one till last year then they stopped doing domestic! I want to ensure it’s optimal this winter

Panasonic unit in Dublin (Rathfarnham)

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dkhylan

Hi there,

Can anyone PM regarding a decent installer in the South Wicklow area.

I'm just beginning to shop around, I'd also like recommendations, we have a 180 Sq m two story house, 4 bed, with underfloor heating on the ground floor. It's powered by LPG Flogas at the moment, and the boiler is around 10 yrs old. We also have solar water heater already installed so I'm only looking for a heat pump to do heating, no hot water for showers or hot taps.

We have a few rads in the 1st floor, I guess these probably need to be replaced to be a little larger to account for the lower temps.

I'm very familiar with heat pumps having had one installed in our house in the Netherlands, and when we came home to Ireland we rented a house that had a Daikin Heat pump already installed.

For us with a Daikin, the optimal usage since the house was A2, was to run the heat pump intermittently, had night saver installed, and ran the pump only in the morning for a few hours just before the rate changed to the day rate, and also for a couple of hours in the evening, this was sufficient to keep the house warm at around 20-21 (we prefer not so hot). I also set the heat pump to be dynamic depending on the temperature outside, and in general only kept the water in the rads between 35-45 depending on the outside weather. For the hot water I had it set to 40-45 depending on the weather with the heating done mostly at night with a 30 min boost during the day. Then had the tank go to 60 once a week just incase for 2 hours to avoid any potential problems with keeping the hot water tank at low temps. Figured I'd share this here since bills for hot water and heat were the lowest of everyone in the estate with these optimisations :-)

We are also thinking of getting Solar PV to compliment this new setup, as we are already driving a 2016 30 Kw Leaf, and plan to route the extra power to the battery during the summer months (not sure about getting a battery, is anyone using to get charge night-saver during the night and for discharge during the day, probably overkill but would love to see a spreadsheet to see if there is actually a sweet spot?)

Thanks,

D..

• Advertisement

IMO unless you can meet daily demand with the PV battery, night saver idea makes little sense, especially when you have 30 outside.

5 kw per night from grid for day use is only a saving of say 50 cents a night for an investment of several K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Anyone able to comment on ecoforest pumps?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

I have a PV battery. Not big. It's there as a buffer. Covers intermittent showers and the like. Also means I can cook dinner in the evening without the grid even though my panels face SE. Once you have it, sweat it. In winter I load shift.

This is a game of cents. Saving cents regularly is the way to go.

There is always a sweet spot @dkhylan. Its personal to you though. I did a python app to figure out my own. It's on GitHub.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blues14

hi I’m in process Of ordering a heat pump the one I was ordering was a stiebel eltron heat pump but I’ll have to wait to long with delays the other one is a Mitsubishi heat pump has anyone had any experience with Mitsubishi heat pumps?

Good brand, if applying for a grant just make sure the spec meets the grade under the two EN standards for the efficiency test.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Punchin A Keyboard

Speaking of grants, what happens if you go for a hp not yet on the harp db as i do not see any of the modern r290 systems from nibe, vaillant or veissmann on it.

The harp db is not the issue, the issue is does the rig comply with the two relevant EN standards and meet the 300 % efficiency test when in DEAP, so hardly an excellent question.

Excluding stuff because its not in a database will not fly under EU laws

Harp just has the spec sheets for easy access for assessors.

Fair enough, I did not know that. Having dealt with the SEAI (and not loved the experience), having talked with others who have not loved the experience it is still a very good question.

In my experience, the SEAI can be quite slow to hand out the grant if they have even the tiniest issue with an install, such as a poorly cropped photo of an inverter label. I cannot imagine the pain of trying to convince them that a HP vendor (new to them) is good to go...

Sure, the vendor really should be doing that (or at the very least the importer/retailer in Ireland), but... If you are stuck waiting for cash, that can hurt!

• Advertisement

Its not the vendor, its the EN standards

Advertisement