Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee stop North County Dublin

Options
  • 22-04-2017 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I'm back cycling after a number of years due to a running injury. I typically head to North County Dublin for my long spin and I'm struggling to find a coffee stop..I used to go out with a club and can't remember where we used to go,and a number of places I've come across look to be closed down. Route-wise I head from Castleknock up towards Oldtown, Naul, Ballyboughal etc. Any suggestions? Thanks. (Edit, I did look for previous threads but they're pretty old)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Cafe in Naul
    They have a side entrance that locks behind you so the bike is secure but you need to go in and ask the staff to open it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

yep, cottage cafe in naul is a top spot out that direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The numerous times I've been in Naul, i've never noticed this place so I'm blind.

Op, is your username a Grandaddy reference?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is that run by the same people who have the cottage cafe in swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Weepsie wrote: »
    The numerous times I've been in Naul, i've never noticed this place so I'm blind.

its pretty much the only show in town so im surprised you've missed it. its part of the seamus ennis centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just googled the place. It's got like a MILLION TRIOLLION five star reviews. :):D

Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sage and Stone in Duleek is lovely, though it's just outside NCD, in Meath. Easy and safe to park bikes.

Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords is excellent, but bike parking is not the best.

Il Panorama in both Howth and Portmarnock both also make my list, again no specific place to park bikes but easy to keep an eye of them from the window.

The Café in the Seamus Ennis Center is alright, they went through a phase of finding cyclists a bit of a hassle, but now they have extended and put in a secure bike park, so the worm seems to have turned on that one.

Corks in Ashbourne does lovely food, also just outside NCD in Meath, not secure bike parking, again can keep an eye from the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Olive in Skerries seems to be popular with cyclists (although I think it's very overrated and the service is fairly slow). It's always busy and getting a seat can be difficult so I suppose that's a good sign. Mrs WA loves it hence the reason I familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

It is indeed. And it ties in well with the day job.

Thanks very much for the suggestions folks, I've completely missed the place in Naul so will check it out. The Ashbourne suggestion also, will save me stopping in petrol stations.

The numerous times I've been in Naul, i've never noticed this place so I'm blind....
    WTF? :confused:
    There's nothing else in Naul. Can't understand how you could miss it. I don't frequent it myself but there always people around it when I pass by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

There's nothing else in Naul. Can't understand how you could miss it. I don't frequent it myself but there always people around it when I pass by.

I'm in it now? Mmmmmm cake!! :)

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I'm in it now? Mmmmmm cake!! :)
    It's far too near your home to be stopping for a break! :)

I was in Naul today and still didn't notice it. I did see people setting up tables with food. I assumed a charity cycle was on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Weepsie wrote:
    I was in Naul today and still didn't notice it. I did see people setting up tables with food. I assumed a charity cycle was on

#blindas****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe the cafe wasn't wearing hi-vis

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Conjack76

HD Bike and Sports (Formerly Balbriggan Cycling and Angling) have moved to a new premises with a dedicate café ''Bilko's'' - all fancy and new On the edge of Balbriggan town, heading towards Balrothery direction (1 Balbriggan Retail Park, Dublin St, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin, K32 FK72)

also in Lusk Village beside the Garda Station you have Skinny Batch with outside seating.

In Ballyboughall there's The Brew Café - always has cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

In Oldtown, 3km West of Ballyboughal, there's Miriams, a horsebox cafe beside the pub, cycling friendly and outdoor seating, great coffee and cakes

They do better coffee than most of the places around too. There's the place in Garristown and there's a place at Kettles Hotel too, though I don't know if it's ever open these days

• Advertisement

(This thread is 5 years old!)

Miriam's horsebox is fine but regularly runs of food when it's busy - especially on Saturday mornings.

The place in Garristown is called 'Fancy That'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Yep and the cottage cafe in the Naul is no longer - its under new management and just isn't what it was. :(

Advertisement