Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Granite Head

Perfume Genius self announced for Sunday 4th.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I'd also add that I was standing in the kitchen earlier and noticed that the floor tiles are 30cm x 30cm. I felt I'd be happy enough if there were two other people standing in a 3x3 grid with me. I've certainly been a lot closer to people at the front of gigs and still had space to move.

I'm about 50cm wide and 25cm deep so crush capacity for me would be 8+ people per square metre. 6 people would be uncomfortable but 3.3 sounds ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I also will be bringing my headband w/ speakers with me this year for that very reason

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Early days yet but weather trends looking positive at present:

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1560159227276034051?s=20&t=alOYGYYxblLQjwNJB9bNeA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That’s the absolute maximin if people are crushed in like sardines which cannot be allowed to happen, we don’t want another Cincinnati or Love Parade crush. As before when the crowds in EA or Terminus hit 8,000 security will restrict entry.

The Olympia in Dublin has a standing and seating capacity of 1,621. Space is kept at the back and sides and a restricted number are allowed into the pit. 300/400 extra people could be squeezed in there but the sardine calculations are not what is followed. The capacity remains 1,641 for our safety.

The official site’s figures and press releases on Terminus are the ones to follow. Official capacities are there to ensure you stay safe at festivals. EA and Terminus are 8k unless the former has an expanded tent this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

None of this is getting us cans at TCM. They're using distraction tactics to take our attention away from the real issues.

#3DChess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

So who do we reckon for EA ?

i still think a good chance for Fontaines on Friday in EA, Otherwise, its 3rd on the bill main stage for them, and Pixies are also playing Friday, so one, or both of these likely to be in EA. That would be some double act in EA.

Fred Again is playing Friday as well, so he should be in EA also, he has UK gigs on sat/sun.

Wolf Alice likely for main stage, and confirmed for Saturday, and London Grammar could play any day, so another EA contender there.

Oooh, Pixies, Friday evening at 7pm as per their website.

That's a cert then.

EDIT: WAIT...that doesn't leave us much time for These Charming Men, lads.

CLOSER TO THE EDIT: Their website still has RATM, Foals etc. listed so we'll take that as being a little skewed.

Post edited by rubick on

A Friday afternoon of Harvest, TCM, Roadhouse Doors, followed by a Pixies/ Fontaines double header in the EA....I mean Carlsberg don't do days in Stradbally but..

• Advertisement

I always feel better once @Villain has popped his head in. **** is getting real, as the kids say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Based on bandsintown, which may not be accurate but was for perfume genius it is

Friday: Gus dapperton 7pm, Little Simz, The kooks, Tame Impala, pixies, London Grammar, Dermot Kennedy, Megan thee, arctic monkeys, wolf alice

Sunday: perfume genius 12pm, CMAT 2PM, mutant vinyl 6pm, Pearson mcloughlin 6:30pm, the scribes 9pm

Obviously some of these not right but ones with times probably are

Trouble pilgrims announced 21:30 fishtown

Artic Monkeys is 100 % Sunday on main EP poster, and also on band website.

But a lot of those listings become inaccurate, as some list the start date of the festival, rather than actual date of performance.

What about the rather good James Vincent, another EA contender there

A lot of EA action. If someone could do a blade of grass analysis of EAs past and present to establish whether we could maybe have 2 bands on simultaneously?

Agree that's why I said some obviously wrong but some will be right and those with times probably right

The Friday is really, the only day, that is somewhat predictable as they don’t kick off until typically 6pm so a max of 4 acts form 6 to 12 on main stage & EA.

“The waiting for santa” feeling, continues

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

The Khruangbin website has them listed for Sunday. The Wolf Alice website has them down for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I mean, for all my negativity around EP this year, I would take that in a heartbeat. Hopefully Sleaford Mods aren't playing / clashing on the Friday if the above is reality

• Advertisement

They could be on Friday alright, they have a UKgig on Saturday, according to Songkick, so its Friday or Sunday

Edit;

If its Friday, a Rankins Wood slot perhaps.

That would be typical of the feckers. Only book 5 acts I like, then put them all on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Sleaford mods hopefully Saturday going by above, Pixies are playing EOTR Saturday night...

Nice one, i got caught out, in the 2 day event start date i mentioned before !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Susan o neill has confirmed a solo gig on Saturday and playing with Mick on the Sunday. I'd strongly recommend seeing her solo stuff too.

I wouldn’t have minded a Caribou appearance at EP, saw him at Body & Soul stage in 2010, and also Janelle Monae, both amazing.

Delighted to hear that. Loved them when I saw them together and I have huge respect for Mick but her voice blew me away.

There will apparently be a Dirty Disco (Disco, Funk, Soul, House) in the new BYEco campsite section. Must be a decent size of an addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Advertisement

Ah, they were made to sing that. A beautiful rendition of a classic song.

Advertisement