Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Feels like it would be more beneficial to not to have that info inside those spoiler tags

like.. for people trying to figure out if they need to wait before watching this show

helped me to know it anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That explains the mid credits scene in that film. It had caused some speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mid-Credit scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I really enjoyed that. I thought it was a great first episode, set the tone and characters up really well, Ruffalo and Maslany had great chemistry, Maslany herself was fantastic throughout, and the CGI was mostly great (there's always going to be a problem with She-Hulk's facial CGI, because where Hulk resembles Ruffalo but is obviously Hulked-out, She-Hulk is too similar to Maslany's actual face, which means minor imperfections in facial movements are more noticable).

Either way, a strong start imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pretty much spot on for me. Massively enjoyed it.

I had faith in Maslany (anyone who has watched orphan black knows she has terrific range) and she really didn't disappoint here.

The Captain America virginity thing was really funny ha

The CGI was much improved from the trailers. Ruffalo is always fun and they are terrific on screen together.

It's a shame to see it getting review bombed by fecking muppets on IMDb but entirely predictable.

Post edited by gmisk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, enjoyed it.

Looked good. Was funny.

The Titania bit at the end did feel forced though. I know why they did it and I'm sure we'll find out what she was doing there but it just felt out of place somehow.

Another free comic QR code on the wall when she was going into that bar.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

this looks absolutely terrible - a TV show that simply didn't need to be made and just ticks the you know what box. Sick of this pandering BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It must be exhausting to be so anti-something different. She-hulk has been around for for over 40 years!!!

Personally, this looks like fun. Looking forward to checking this out this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm not particularly interested in the show myself (although I liked Ms Marvel a lot more than any recent Marvel movie). But I'm not sure any TV show "needs" to be made. I mean, it's an absurd and nonsensical bar to set. I know it's just another way of giving out about a woman lead without actually saying that out loud, but still.

They brushed over her "training" too quickly. I get that it is a TV show and pace needs to be kept up but Bruce said that there are consequences to actions but she never takes it on board.

Even a quick pan back from the destroyed bar and flattened forrest with Bruce stating "imagine that this had happened in Manhatten" just to drive home how powerful she has become.

Could easily eat my words and something happens to drive her back to Mexico but it all just came a bit too easy to her.

Edit: Didn't know that Jameela Jamil was in this. Great to see her in something after "The Good Place"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nonsense. Typical woke production; I mean come on... not one but TWO gamma-ray irradiated people in the same show? Typical forced inclusivity, at the expense of the red hulks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not my favourite opener but I still enjoyed it a lot. Maslaney is a great lead and I quite quickly stopped seeing her as a Leda Clone and just as Jennifer Walters.

Seemed to be a "get the Avengers connections sewn up and out of the way" kind of episode. Obviously set after Shang Chi and interesting to see that Smart Hulk is back to full strength. This might come up later.

Like with Ms Marvel at this stage, there's enough here to have me come back next week.

Leave thinly veiled comments about red heads alone.

It's bloody true and, conversely, shows what happens when a group is marginalised and loses representation

Huh? It was actually a reference to General Ross who IIRC is a red hulk in the comics. 🤓

I am a redhead, I'd stop short at calling us marginalised. Weird constant refusal to cast natural redheads but 🤷 Karen Gillan is at least holding the fort, a vast improvement on Ron Howard!

Karen Gillan..... Phew, come along, Pond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have to say I was underwhelmed. I found Jen extremely unlikeable here. Hopefully I'll enjoy her more once we're past the set up but I didn't enjoy this episode and wouldn't watch on if I wasn't actually a Shulkie fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: That was fun. I think it got across the origin and power levels. I liked the fourth wall breaking.

Then some intro to the wider story but not much. I think it'll take a few more episodes.

I guess from the meal in the credits.. there'll be some Banner family life.

That mid-credits scene! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What is the pandering? What is the "you know what" box?

A female lead? Green people?

The character has been around for a long time and is a good one. Does anything "need to be made"?

Honestly what is your issue?

You haven't even watched the blooming thing.

Hadn't a clue about she-hulk existing but it was a fun 35 mins to watch on my lunch break. Would have been better if I'd had shawarma, but oh well.

I will concede, it's disappointing her most famous role involves a shaved head... and she's a blue cyborg (and still manages to look amazing but that's beside the point).

Of course there's also a grey hulk, along with the colours of the rainbow. I think Ross was the most famous, prominent alt hulk

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

why didn't they do the "after an injury, received an emergency blood transfusion from her cousin, Bruce Banner" origin, because they didn't want to spend too long on her origin? but the way they did it... is that how blood flows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭McFly85

Bruce is well aware about how lethal his blood is so there’s no chance he’d willingly give a transfusion. It was a good update, if a little clunky.

I really enjoyed that though. Maslany is fantastic, has great chemistry with Ruffalo. The whole thing is fun and colourful. Looking forward to the next ep now that the backstory is out of the way

That was fun. How freaking long are her legs though? Looking forward to the rest.. And yeah, that mid credit scene was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

Does anyone else think they've De-Ruffaloed Hulk too much, Mark Ruffalo has a kind 'interesting' jowly face, but as Smart Hulk his face looks too flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was OK but a bit pridictable in parts. Like I knew as soon as they crashed oh this must be how she becomes a hulk by getting some of his blood. As for The Fouth wall crap. I never liked it. It's just a lazy way to tell the audience what happened or to fill them in on backstory instead of treating the Audience as intelligent. It's also a stupid name for just basically talking to the Audience.

I recently watched "FROM" episode 8 and they had a backstory on Sheriff bruke in that without having to do some stupid fourth wall rubbish. They treated the Audience as intelligent and able to follow the show not having to be taken by the hand and lead along.

Anyway back to She-Hulk. I thought it was good and funny but maybe not as funny as I thought it might be but agree with a lot of posters about the backstory not being long enough. They should have had at least 1 full episode just for that alone. I also agree that there should have been a camera pan back over the damage she had done after the fight and Bruce explaining to her imagine if this had been in LA or New York.

I thought the hand clapping bit was the funniest bit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

The 4th wall breaking is a huge part of She-Hulk's character from the comics; she was even doing it before Deadpool. They didn't do it for other Marvel shows, and wouldn't have done it here if it wasn't an integral part of She-Hulk comics.

Advertisement