Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ffs Reagan won NY, Ca, etc

TFG barely won swing states to get in and I think lost several of them by more than HRC did. Even the GOP loathe TFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The links between Trump's behaviour and that of the mob continue...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Exactly -

Reagan won 49 States in 1984 , Mondale only won his home State of Minnesota along with DC.

Having said that , even then he still only won 58% of the Popular vote but the screwed up Electoral college system gave him 97% of those votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh I know what they were referring to, I don't think they did though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Like a trapped rabid rodent, thrashing around trying to lash out and escape, but ultimately knowing it is completely ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It's gas. You don't get to defend yourself from a crime you're guilty of, by pointing at OJ simpson and saying 'But he got away with it'

They were screaming about Hillary, it formed the entire basis for Trumps' election campaign (along with Mexico paying for some wall)

But now that Trump's being investigated for similar (actually much much worse) offences they're saying it's totally fine and there's nothing wrong with what he did.

Basically at this stage given the deaths and arrests his lies have caused, anyone trying to defend him or try, or any form of whataboutery are just the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We need to know the names of the witnesses so we can intimidate them

These people will need to go into the witness protection program before Trumps trial. Their lives are ruined. I feel for the white house staff and security personnel who were only trying to do their jobs and had no part to play in the actual administration

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Who exactly has been "charged and put in jail" at this point?

Did Rudi get bad news yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

So Trump considers putting pressure on the governor to "find" another 11,780 votes challenging an election result?

Hes really become quite dangerous, you can see someone getting killed soon by his mob that he's been whipping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A PERFECT PHONE CALL

I mean, who even talks like that?

His Ukranian phone call was A PERFECT CALL too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Some of the mob have already been killed because of his words

So far in the last while only those supporting him have. The FBI are on alert for further attacks against then, as are other agencies.

Doesn't mean someone won't slip through but hopefully not. If it does happen you will have scrotes online supporting it and trump, because as one of them said they are easy targets for people to target as they ae white Christians.

Persecution complexes and the obvious irony aside from the statement, they are most likely going to be targeted by the FBI cyber divisions for making threats online and by hackers who don't have the restrictions of due process.

Trump has setup some ordinary people to be targetted.

June 21, 2022

WASHINGTON — Rusty Bowers, the Republican speaker of Arizona’s House, braced every weekend for hordes of Trump supporters, some with weapons, who swarmed his home and blared videos that called him a pedophile.

“We had a daughter who was gravely ill, who was upset by what was happening outside,” he said. She died not long after, in late January 2021.

Gabriel Sterling, a top state election official in Georgia, recalled receiving an animated picture of a slowly twisting noose along with a note accusing him of treason. His boss, Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, recounted that Trump supporters broke into his widowed daughter-in-law’s house and threatened his wife with sexual violence.

And Wandrea Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman, two Black women who served as election workers during the pandemic in Georgia, suffered an onslaught of racist abuse and were driven into hiding after Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Donald J. Trump’s lawyer, lied that they had rigged the election against Mr. Trump.

“I’ve lost my name and I’ve lost my reputation,” Ms. Freeman said, adding as her voice rose with emotion, “Do you know how it feels to have the president of the United States target you?”

Election official after election official testified to the House Jan. 6 committee on Tuesday in searing, emotional detail how Mr. Trump and his aides unleashed violent threats and vengeance on them for refusing to cave to his pressure to overturn the election in his favor.

The testimony showed how Mr. Trump and his aides encouraged his followers to target election officials in key states — even going so far as to post their personal cellphone numbers on Mr. Trump’s social media channels, which the committee cited as a particularly brutal effort by the president to cling to power.

“Donald Trump did not care about the threats of violence,” said Representative Liz Cheney, Republican of Wyoming and the vice chairwoman of the committee. “He did not condemn them. He made no effort to stop them. He went forward with his fake allegations anyway.”

The stakes for the nation, Ms. Cheney warned, were dire. “We cannot let America become a nation of conspiracy theories and thug violence,” she said.

Video

2:20Rusty Bowers Recalls Harassment After Rejecting 2020 Fraud Claims

Rusty Bowers, a Republican who is the speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives, detailed the pressure campaign he faced from Donald J. Trump and the president’s team to flip the state’s election result.CreditCredit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Mr. Bowers of Arizona was the first to testify. For nearly an hour, he described the pressure campaign he faced over several weeks after the Nov. 3, 2020, election, after Mr. Trump lost the state. He spoke of the fear he felt when a man bearing the mark of the Three Percenters, an extremist offshoot of the gun rights movement, appeared in his neighborhood.

“He had a pistol and was threatening my neighbor,” Mr. Bowers said. “Not with the pistol, but just vocally. When I saw the gun, I knew I had to get close.”

The threats, he said, have gone on for a long time: “Up till even recently, it is the new pattern, or a pattern in our lives, to worry what will happen on Saturdays. Because we have various groups come by and they have had video panel trucks with videos of me proclaiming me to be a pedophile and a pervert and a corrupt politician and blaring loudspeakers in my neighborhood and leaving literature,” he said, as well as arguing with and threatening him and his neighbors.

Jocelyn Benson, Michigan’s secretary of state, who rejected efforts to overturn the state’s electors, described trying to put her young son to bed when she heard a growing din. Armed protesters with bullhorns were picketing outside her home. “My stomach sunk,” she said. “That was the scariest moment, just not knowing what was going to happen.”

Mike Shirkey, the majority leader of Michigan’s Republican-controlled State Senate, was subjected to nearly 4,000 text messages from Mr. Trump’s followers after the president and his campaign publicly posted Mr. Shirkey’s personal cellphone number.

Advertisement

Continue reading the main story

“It was a loud noise, loud consistent cadence,” Mr. Shirkey testified. “We heard that the Trump folks are calling and asking for changes in the electors, and ‘You guys can do this.’ Well, they were believing things that were untrue.”

Ms. Moss, who goes by Shaye, and her mother became the targets of Trump supporters after Mr. Giuliani falsely accused them in a Georgia State Senate hearing of passing around USB drives like “vials of heroin or cocaine” to steal the election from Mr. Trump.

What her mother actually handed her, Ms. Moss testified on Tuesday, was a ginger mint candy.

But Mr. Giuliani’s claim — later elevated by Mr. Trump himself, who referred to Ms. Moss by name more than a dozen times in a call with Mr. Raffensperger — tore across far-right circles of the internet. Soon after, the F.B.I. informed Ms. Freeman that it was no longer safe for her to stay at her house.

The urgency of that warning became clear after Trump supporters showed up at the door of Ms. Moss’s grandmother. They forced their way into her home, claiming they were there to make a citizen’s arrest of her granddaughter.

“This woman is my everything,” Ms. Moss testified about her grandmother. “I’ve never even heard her or seen her cry ever in my life, and she called me screaming at the top of her lungs.”

While in hiding, Ms. Moss and Ms. Freeman continued to face threats explicitly invoking their race, including a comment that Ms. Moss and her mother should “be glad it’s 2020 and not 1920.”

“A lot of them were racist,” Ms. Moss said. “A lot of them were just hateful.”

Both women testified that nearly two years later, they were still haunted by the threat of violence. Ms. Moss recalled listening to the audio tape of Mr. Trump attacking her and her mother and immediately feeling “like it was all my fault.”

Advertisement

“I just felt bad for my mom, and I felt horrible for picking this job,” she testified, growing emotional. “And being the one that always wants to help and always there, never missing not one election. I just felt like it was — it was my fault for putting my family in this situation.”

“It wasn’t your fault,” Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California, quietly responded from the dais.

Ms. Freeman testified that she no longer went to the grocery store, and felt nervous every time she gave her name — once proudly worn bedazzled on T-shirts — for food orders.

“There is nowhere I feel safe,” Ms. Freeman testified. “The president of the United States is supposed to represent every American. Not to target one.”

Aishvarya Kavi and Maggie Haberman contributed reporting.

Advertisement

Special offer. Subscribe for €2 €0.50 a week.

Thanks for reading The Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seems that TrumpOrg CFO Allan Weisselberg is copping a plea with the Manhattan DA. TFG is not a defendant in this case but TrumpOrg is, and there's speculation that this could be the beginning of the end for TrumpOrg, if your CFO admits to fiduciary crimes, the whole organization is essentially implicated. This is a link from the NY Daily News, which is normally GDPR blocked from Ireland, but fortunately, there's archive.ph...

The Trump Organization’s longtime chief financial officer is expected to admit to conspiring with the Trump Organization and Trump Payroll Corporation in a criminal tax fraud scheme while head of the company’s finances at a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, the Daily News has confirmed.

• Advertisement

A potential outcome could be the winding up of the company along with asset seizure..

Which to be honest would be more damaging to Trumps ego than pretty much anything else..

I think his PAC's pay his bills now, and his loans from his Middle East/Russia buddies as well. I don't think TrumpOrg matters so much to him. Now, Eric and Junior might care. Ivanka's going to be living off of Jared's Middle-East financed funds.

Of course, it's a blow to his ego, but he suffers those all the time and doesn't care.

It's always the money guys that bring down crime syndicates, from Capone on forward. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't RICO the entirety of TrumpOrg (a technique made famous by Rudy, now that'd be epic.)

It will if they take his hotels, golf courses and Trump Tower off him..

Also , it's interesting to note that the only "decent" lawyer that he has been able to add to his team in recent times is a RICO expert..

'Also , it's interesting to note that the only "decent" lawyer that he has been able to add to his team in recent times is a RICO expert'

Needs must as the saying goes

"Trump org is cooked"

Just like the books, apparently...

Trump was incensed the media caught up with his rejection from lawyers - insisting that WaPo reporting on this is “political and prosecutorial misconduct” as though WaPo was the one prosecuting him.

that some people will just run with that line though is a bit frightening.

Is that the guy who, after a 5 year long investigation, was found to have not claimed bik or something on his kids college fees, after his ex wife ratted him out?..

15 felonies, scheming over $1,500,000.

How many felonies rank as a substantial amount to you?

• Advertisement

Not sure what you’re talking about nor if it relates to the 15 charges he just pleaded guilty to, with agreement to testify against the Trump Organization.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement