Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A couple of topics to grip the nation - dozy crows and missing moggies.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Drives me scatty the TV licence, subsidising the outrageous salaries of muppets like Tubs, D'Arcy and Duffy, it actually sickens me. I'm all for fair pay but holy Jesus and a wee Donkey what's being paid is shocking for such poor talent, besides, as I've said before, NO OTHER outlet in Ireland would or could afford to pay out these vast sums. It shocks me RTE management don't get this and should have started calling bluff on these people, years ago 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I was down to Sligo last week and remarked at the remarkable amount of roadkill.

Electric cars may or may not be the cause but in an urban environmemt the quietness of electtric vehicles is a problem. I believe some artificial sound should be compulsory for all electric vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You could bring down the banking system in this country and you wouldn't be fined €50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"dead boirds"

• Advertisement

Prepare for an avalance of crap puns from Joe while discussing the missing cats

It appears that the roadkill guy has been quietly dropped.

Incidentally , any birds killed in my garden are killed by domestic cats - some of them even helpfully leave them at my back door

Put a bell on da cars like da cats so the birds know they are coming...

M

Less than 1% of cars in this country are pure electric. The hybrids won't be going fast enouh to kill a bird when running from the hybrid battery alone.

M

It's pestacides wiping them out but we can't talk about that, same for the bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yes.......blame de farmers

• Advertisement
    M

De bloynd should be fitted with radars to detect the electrical cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hang on what about this Cow destroying electric cables 😂😂

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Big tiremark on de fox...........I'd say he was poisoned

Put bells on the foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

maybe the extra dead birds on the roads was due to the recent hot weather. There were a lot more birds landing on the roads, and slower to take off.

Palmerstown Cemetery - a regular haunt of da ghoul.

Ah a cemetery Joe's spiritual home...so ta speak.

"You could not live there"

No...it's a cemetery...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'you couldn't live in a cemetery'

• By paying it I feel fully entitled to be outraged, cawlur, though I begrudge it. Another thing is it will only go up if enough people don’t pay it, not fair to those who pay. Pay & protest is my motto. Another thing yozzers other tax goes into likes of Duffy’s pocket too. But most of all I would never get away with it, I get say with nothing. I had a TV license inspector listening outside my door once, knocking and seeing my tv on, he accused me of not having a licence, I asked him to look at his records. Then he named the neighbouring person and local address without the license, talk about breach of GDPR. It’s a stupid system that is variably enforceable with breaches of privacy.

Joe has to get a graveyard reference in. Apparently he spends a lot of time in graveyards!

• Advertisement
    M

Hopefully Bob tears in to Joe about something.

All you hear in Dublin is the screech of gulls the size of pterodactyls!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Is there NO subject that he won't shoehorn death or graveyards into?

• His ghost will be seen wandering de graveyards far and wide all over de country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

In fairness you can already hear the locals talking in Dublin city centre, "LYNDSAYYYYY!!!, JACINTAAAA!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭archfi

The sound of a radio host saying 'veh-heckle' goes through me Joe, any chance of stopping it?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

M

A swarm of eagles should be purchased to wipe out the entire seagull population in urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Close the M50 and Dublin Airport immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The Ronnie Drew-end of the saundi of my viber-ater 😔

• Advertisement

Ffs enough with the puns Joe...."told them to flock off"

Advertisement