Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now the debates of Shiver vs Frye will begin.

So there will be a test fire of sorts on August 27th with a Splatfest from 9am til 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Splatoon is consistently is one of those things that just passed me by, is it something worth getting into in terms of single-player?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm pretty awful at multi-player games, but Splatoon 2 has a pretty good single player campaign and then the DLC is a massive addition to the single player game. Salmon Run can also be played in single player, as far as I remember.

I have started playing the single player campaign in Splatoon 2 in the last few days and it is better fun than I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

In Splatoon 2 the one player was basically a glorified tutorial getting you used to the different guns and movement (it was a touch more than that but not something to pay full price Nintendo money for). From the Splatoon 3 direct it looks like more of the same for that game.

However I rarely play shooters or any online/multiplayer games and really enjoyed playing Splatoon 2 online. It might be worth trying out the free event at the end of the month (that's how I got into it by playing the free trial for Splatoon 2 a few years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Islets is out in 2 weeks. From the developer of Sheepo (which was a great but pretty short game).

This looks great - bits of Sheepo mixed with Hollow Knight.

• Advertisement

Agree that "Sheepo" was very good.

And under-appreciated.

Short but that didn't detract from it too much and in some ways was a good thing.

Looks like a bigger-sized map than "Sheepo" here.

Given the developer has a good chance of being decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Kirby Dream Buffet launch date confirmed August 17th.

€15, which seems a reasonable price point for this. Looks fun/chaotic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Currently downloading Kirby - Almost entirely paid for by the free €11 from Revolut over on the Bargain Alerts forum! Woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I only got a measly €4 but that still covers the cost of XCom 2 which is proving to be a chronic addiction for me. I'm actually getting to work late since I must play it in the morning.

After you get €4, there should be 5 more pieces of content to go through in the Rev app to get the rest.

• Advertisement

nah they caught on and even though they say you earned an additional €7.50, they limit it to €4 now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just used the Revolut app, did the quiz, and made €11.16 after costs!

Now to hunt through the Ninty store to see what goodies I can buy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

There's 2 separate quizzes, one for 4 and one for 7.50. Just did both now and got just over 11 quid. Nice. 🙂

I know, I did both, and only got €4. Same with a lot of others. I'm onto the chat with them.. will see what happens as it might have been a glitch at that time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

5:30pm Irish time. Hopefully we get a proper Nintendo Direct soon, we are well due one and September starts next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was about to ask the same ...

When will the next BOTW 2 news drop ?

Next Mario ? Next Switch ?

Must be something soon ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The super-chill citybuilder Dorfromantik is coming Sept 29th:

Brilliant. I love the look of that game!

Ghost Song Reveal Trailer | gamescom 2022

On the desolate moon of Lorian, a long-dormant Deadsuit awakens from slumber – armed and combat-ready, memory clear of purpose. But something new is stirring…

Strike out beneath the surface in search of answers in Ghost Song, an atmospheric 2D adventure of self-discovery, ancient mysteries, and cosmic terror. Explore winding caverns lit only by bioluminescent flora, battle strange and powerful creatures, and acquire new abilities to help you unearth this alien world’s long-buried secrets.

Descend deep into the darkness – only then will you learn (or is it remember?) the truth.

Key Features

– Discover what lies below: Explore the twisting alien tunnels and long-abandoned labs of an expansive, beautifully illustrated Metroidvania-inspired 2D world filled with secret chambers and a haunting history.

– Power up and progress: Acquire potent weapons and game-changing new abilities in the depths, unlocking access to new strata of the moon and optional hidden areas.

– Face challenging foes: Combat the fungal aliens and metal husks of Lorian with responsiveness and precision. Level up your power, and customize your suit and blaster with an arsenal of modules.

– Blast and smash: Master the distinctive rhythm of Deadsuit’s core combat. Pummel enemies with your rapid-fire blaster, building up barrel heat that empowers your melee attacks.

– You are not alone: You’re not the only entity trapped in this unfamiliar place. Encounter a cast of voiced characters and discover their own tales of survival, courage, abandonment, and redemption.

This is fantastic news to see this game finally get a release date. The game has been in development for years and I've been following it on Discord, it has a dedicated channel. I was always hoping it would come to a Nintendo platform. It looks great, it attracted me right from the beginning, fingers crossed it lives up to its promise and sells well. Ghost Song arrives on 3rd November on Switch, as well as PC, Xbox One, PS4, PS5.

Puzzle Bobble Everybubble is out next year, exclusive to the Switch.

It will have 4 player co-op play and the EU/US trailer is... okay, pretty much what you might expect.

The Japanese introduction to the upcoming game is much much better though!

• Advertisement

Shovel Knight Dig is out on September 23rd for €24.99.

Edit: Anyone want a whacky release date trailer? 😁

Post edited by Mr E on

Haiku the Robot is out next week. Reviewed very well on Steam, chunky sized Metroidvania.

I like the look of that game. Always down for a city builder.

Disney Illusion Island - World Premiere Trailer - Nintendo Switch

Disney Illusion Island is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2023!

Join Mickey & Friends on a quest to save a mysterious world from disaster! In this brand-new 1-4 player cooperative adventure platformer, you’ll navigate as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy through a beautifully hand-crafted world as you run, swim, swing, and jump to recover three magical books to save the world.

Looks more like Rayman Origins/Legends than classic Disney. Even has their own version of Rabbids. It's Switch exclusive, for now, it seems.

Disney Illusion Island Is Built on the Foundation of a Canceled 2016 Game

Six years later, Dlala is getting a second shot at Disney.

Just watched that trailer on Disney+ and it looks interesting.

When I saw the title I thought it might be a trip back to those classic Disney Megadrive games, but it was not to be.

The graphic style is in keeping with the current generation Mickey Mouse cartoons

Breath of the Wild 2 fan mocks up customized Nintendo Switch OLED designed around the sequel

Very nice.

Aeterna Noctis finally has a switch release date - November 4th.

Supposed to be hard as hell, but a very rewarding Metroidvania.

• Advertisement

Never mind.

Advertisement