Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Audio clip of 'one of the greatest concession speeches ever'

Is this in Ireland, North or South?

Of course not, sillybillies.

Not when it's the US Democrat party's Irish broadcaster RTE and it's 'top fluff' radio show.

It's Liz Cheney of course, giving it large to the 'Trump cult' <-- Tubridy's actual phrase!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I had to take a "problem" call from when I last posted until now. I tune back on and the first thing i hear is "Hamilton" - the musical of choice for wokeies. Radio off.

And yet if Trump agreed to come on TLLS Tubs would lick his hole so much he wouldn't need toilet paper for 3 years after the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭StevenToast

RTE = Ryan Tubridys Emoluments

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm sure it won't suit everyone.

DD isn't to all tastes but he has a good heart.

Tubs must be gutted he wasn't offered the gig to open The Lego Store in Dubalin. Not for the Toys now or meeting the kids, just the lost appearance fee.

Do they not know he's the (self-anointed) Toy Man?

• Advertisement

Bukes and writers of bukes for a change on today's show.

Tubs in Tayto Park yesterday. I feel sorry for anyone else who was there.

Tubs had to go on the rollercoaster twice to get footage for his socials - I bet he didn't get off and join the queue again like the normal people have to do............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

That Tayto Park Story sounds a bit:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

I also assume he didn't pay to get in - and why should he, it's not like he's a multimillionaire leech living off the state and freebies.

Streetcleaners winning the Lotto in Galway is old news Tubs, move on.

• Advertisement

Tubs now engaging in Joe Duffy-like (and level) puns. Very unbecoming.

Twitter is toxic because people dared to criticize the hard-working and underpaid global superstar on it.

🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

He was saying Every one was lovely and friendly to him at tayto park...

Remember the bad egg, meanies who shouted unkind words at him last year,☹️ 1 rhymes with Banker and another sounded like hunt. ,,,😂😁😁

He was shocked everyone wasn't following around the toyman praising him,,😁

Tubs shocked to find out that women use men for sex, and can be as predatory as men.

He can't even read the cue cards today. 🙄

• Advertisement

Tubs criticizing a man for describing a woman as short and frumpy. That's a problem apparently; but women should have check marks on their arses to describe their sexual prowess according to Tubs and that's fine. Intriguing.

Tubs now criticizing American expressions. Later Tubs will tell us how much he loves everything Americana.

Riffin' section over and I'm out.

• Everything he utters sounds a bit contrived, he’s not great at making it sound from the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Funny addition to the pointing thread there with the DLB pointing his way round Tayto park. He's on the rollercoaster with toy show kids.

In other words, it's a 50 year old self-styled Peter Pan type going round a theme park with children he befriended on his TV show.

Right bang of Wacko Jacko off the whole set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Spot on....theres something very off about Tubridy....

Its just very creepy behaviour....embracing this whole "Toyman" persona....we all remember how he turned his nose down at the toyshow and sneered at the prospect of wearing a christmas jumper in the very early days.....

Its just all so fake....just like his views on women....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

How can he assume the persona of "The Toy man"? There's more toys on Prime Time than on the bleedin' Late Late Toy Show!

My now 7 year old was I believe 4 (or possibly 5) when I showed him the Toy Show (the repeat on Sunday afternoon) as his friends had told him about it. Now he's not sporty in any way and loves theatre and dance (in particular) and also loves books - so even though it was Tubs and part of me died on the inside having to watch it with him I gave in. About 15-20minutes in he said "this should be called the book show and not the toy show because there's no toys on it", and asked could he play Just Dance instead of watching any more of Tubs & Co. So we did. My proudest moment as a parent (lol).

Guffawing and giggling his way through the intro. The fake laughing is quite disturbing.

"I am at one with the children of Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DaTown

Overworked

Underpaid

Unappreciated

• Advertisement

Tubs now saying he has "two left feet". Earlier this week he was telling us

"Now I know what you’re thinking! Ryan…the Toy Man… you’re a fine dancer! And yes, it’s true, I can hold a tune too." 

Zero consistency, as always.

"peculiar" and "intriguing" overload again.

Tubs rubbishing Jared Kushner's book now - without having read it of course.

Kushner could have written the greatest piece of literature ever, and Tubs would say it's crap just because of the Trump connection.

How do you feel about Bono hosting the extended Trump family Bryan at his house in France? Is he a bag egg now?

Very overemphasized "THAT".

"I love to bring a little bad news to your door every now and then"

"every now and then"? Every show more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

It's almost like he is laughing on purpose, to ensure all listeners know fun his show is.

His fake laugh is not annoying at all!

Stupid fake accent again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I gave her the button as soon as I heard the first false guffaw…….about 10 seconds in.

Best decision of the day,so far.

Yes, it was bizarre, bonkers, and peculiar - even by Tubs standards.

Tubs hasn't watched Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. Intriguing.

• His way of inviting minds to think “but you’re a great dancer, Ryan”and to refocus again on the Toy Show

Tubs off to Cork on Sunday for Monday's Show, staying in the Imperial Hotel - I assume the Presidential Suite is being prepared and the stay is gifted for the plug just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Poor Ryan. Although spare thought for those on the rollercoaster near him and the horrible experience that they had.

https://www.thesun.ie/tv/9269513/rte-ryan-tubridy-horrible-experience-rollercoaster/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I know the Manager there, they pull out all the stops for Tubs, including his own special 4 post baby cot 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

While I don't like Ryan's presenting or his show, both annoy me, and see his rise to his position as a great example of The Peter Principle, I have found that the best thing to do is to never listen to it.

Then I don't get annoyed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I don't listen, it's dreadful tripe, I'm just here occasionally for the Thread, far more entertaining 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

He also mentioned he was stopping along the way to meet a very special someone. I feel it in my bones already that this is likely to be a sick child, who will then be posted all over social media and into the tabloids with accompanying articles penned by the NK mafia talking about The Toyman's "kindness".

Why does a child need to be exploited for this man's "brand"? Can't he just visit the child without searching for likes from the instahuns, or the need for the self-promotion around such a visit?

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

That simply must have been written by NK Management. He met his "pal, Una"! And he certainly did nothing to help Tayto Park's attendance numbers. What a charming person he is!

• Advertisement
Advertisement