Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

Still waiting on your opinion on the deaths and arrests caused by Trump's lies about the execution of the warrant

Can you point to where I said any of those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I have a bias against the last GOP president so that, to a great degree, colours my thoughts about him when I write about him here. That is increased when he keeps making his fake claims that the last election was robbed from him, and US supporters of his keep up that lie. I was tempted some time back to ask you were you filling a Devils Advocate role on questioning anyone who put up anything questioning or adverse about Trump as you replied to another poster that you were not taking sides in your posts.

I think the Mods will say you're definitely not here to be interrogated or put on trial for your opinions, and will defend your right to post within the site TOC's, just to answer questions the same way you want others to answer the questions you post. I'll fall to temptation; are you acting as a devils advocate in your responding to the contents of others posts as part of a robust debate or are your posts your opinions with a bias towards Trump?

The election was stolen lads..

If it wasn't it wouldn't be so taboo to mention it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's not taboo to mention it but you're expected to actually back it up with facts which gets very hard when trying to prove a conspiracy theory that's been disproven in court, by Fox news and the republican party who all had most to gain from it being true. At this stage even the lawyers who pushed the BS court cases are up for sanctions for intentionally lying to the courts which no, a lawyer is not allowed to do. But by all means; please bring some actual new facts to the table rather than feelings of butt hurt over the great leader losing and we'll be all ears but that's the crux of the issue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's a simple question. Why are you avoiding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Who is the guy certifying the electors and shooting down the objections? If Trump had that guy instead of Pence, Biden would have never gotten into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Similarly, if you go into the astronomy and space forum and tell them that there's a child slave colony on Mars they'll ask you not to post anymore, which is why it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Because under the trump presidency, the FBI issued this

which says

On July 13, 2018, a federal grand jury sitting in the District of Columbia returned an indictment against 12 Russian military intelligence officers for their alleged roles in interfering with the 2016 United States (U.S.) elections.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on your opinion if the FBI raid is really about "classified documents" or this is an attempt to prevent Trump from running again in 2024?

You think the fbi are making up the existence of top secret documents at MAL?

But where is the evidence that they swayed anyone's mind from voting for HRC to voting for Trump???

Laughable that people make an issue out of Russia attempting to interfere in the 2016 election when the U.S. has interfered and overthrown elected officials in other countries.

You mean like they did in the Michigan Governor kidnap case?

If the FBI are going to take the unprecedented step on raiding the home of a former president because the information he allegedly had was such a risk to national security, why would you wait 3 days for the evidence to be destroyed or even worse - the nuclear codes given to Russia???

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Did someone here say it was okay for the US to overthrow elected officials in other countries? Would the US meddling in elections somehow nullify Russia doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,506 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Fascinating series of allegations against Trump in this Twitter thread from a former Republican strategist. One wonders if many Republicans are actually being blackmailed by the shyster rather than support him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm struggling to understand the persistence in a conspiracy theory where the side most positioned to gain haven't themselves found or invented anything to prove it.

The GOP literally sought proof, and couldn't find anything. If anything recounts surfaced more Biden votes and larger winning margins. Not exactly proof of fraud when the other side ends up hobbling themselves further. Instead its all winks, nods and zero proof. Trump said so, therefore trust Donald?

But then we have a thread completely sidetracked by two users affecting superiority that THEY know it was stolen, despite any proof to the contrary from factions most invested in its discovery. Or any proof whatsoever. Instead we get sealion rants about evil Liberals (quelle surprise) and superior wittering about Taboos, like they're the Great White Hope of intellectual rigour for saying the sky isn't blue.

Anything but talk about the fact a faction of GOP supporters tried to stage a coup. Or the President attempted to steal the election, and stir the pot of the insurrectionists. I've snarked before but it's like Ockham's Razor is a male grooming product with these people. There were those trying to steal the election - it just wasn't those pesky liberals who are supposed to be the secret evil.

Suppose at least we're not listening to shíte about Hunter Biden anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There was a poster during the election who to fair to him stuck around tight to the end, can’t remember his name but I do remember him saying he thinks Trump will win because he just can’t see how he’d lose to Biden, they had set themselves up with such a belief that despite all the polling etc they just couldn’t believe he would lose. Then when he lost it turned to well I can’t have been wrong it must be something else. At this stage anyone that believes it was genuinely stolen is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭Christy42

If it was such a risk to national security then why would you rush it? This is Trump and people will take any tiny ridiculous excuse to insist he is innocent (case in point) and so everything has to be done perfectly. You need your team ready to go and fully drilled on what is happening, what is allowed etc to avoid any technicalities getting Trump out of trouble.

All documents need to be secured so you need to be absolutely certain that documents have not been moved since you started to check for the warrent so you are checking with sources again.

The FBI obviously had sources to know where to look. Those sources were also likely to know nothing was happening immediately.

Trump did not know about the warrent in advance AFAIK so it wasn't like he would be rushing to get them out of what he thought was a safe location.

• Advertisement

Already given, while still waiting for your opinion on the deaths and arrests that have occurred because of Trump's lies about the execution of the warrant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You asked for evidence that russian's influenced the 2016 election, i presented it. stop moving the goalposts

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

My point stands. Has there been such a carnival of nonsense lasting nearly a year after an election where ill-judged, nonsensical and idiotic suits were brought by incompetent attorneys in any other election and where such a fiasco as the cyber-ninja nonsense was indulged?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The mask slips every time: it's all about trying as hard as possible to make Liberals the truly prejudicial, the real enemies of free thought etc. Came up even in this most recent distraction. A simple question got a rant about Liberal Prejudice this and that.

A real-estate tycoon, reality TV star, and unabashed díckhead tried to bully and conspire his way into staying in power after losing an election - then openly embraced a mob of insurrectionists to help facilitate that. 4 years after a chaotic presidency that couldn't even pass bills despite controlling both Both Houses. Yeah. Who could have predicted Trump losing the election.

"Moron" still surmises, but it's not even funny anymore; just tedious. Oh it must be stolen cos you can't talk about how it's stolen? Gimme a break. Amazing what the glamour of money can do to some peoples' senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭McFly85

Ok, so you do think the FBI have fabricated documents in this case. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to just state your opinion.

If that’s the case, then I’m sure Trump will be able to prove that, and everyone at the FBI and the DOJ involved in this massive conspiracy will have destroyed their careers and very possibly the FBI as we know it.

Except…hasn’t Trump already admitted to possessing these documents but it’s ok because he magically declassified them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You are admitting that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election. Trump denied that occurred, that it was all a "hoax".

They must be a couple of pages behind on the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The took the unprecedented step of visiting the home of a former president to take classified US Govt documents back into Govt control in a secured facility. As you pointed out to me, they DID NOT RAID his home. They visited Mar-A-Lago when he was not at home to avoid giving him the opportunity to grandstand and take publicity advantage of their visit. Given his age and state of health, they would have wanted to avoid a face-off with him. like his in-car face-off with his own secret service security team, simple as. You might well ask yourself who got him off-site to facilitate the safe visit by the FBI.

The FBI operated well within the date limits laid down in the warrant. Do you think Trump would destroy that which he took such pains to get his hands on? As for the nuclear codes, maybe you should check out the US military protocols on updating the codes. Do you actually believe he had the current US nuclear codes in a lock-up at Mar-A-Lago or are you turning to Trump's gaslighting now?

On an aside, I'm happy to say that politics here allows one to have and hold political beliefs here without fear. I saw a woman walking down Grafton St yesterday wearing a "Release The Kraken" t-shirt, it wasn't Sidney Powell [I think].

• Advertisement

You were the one who said FBI fabricated documents. Why are trying to attach that to me?

Advertisement