Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Yes... It's obviously never gonna be the same especially with reduced size... But hopefully they get it right..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭rubick

The main natural amphitheatre at M&B really shouldn't go to waste. Where else am I going to emote-cry when Lamb play Gorecki ffs

SLATY DOG DROP LADS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Oh wow! This is great!

I better get into research mode now! For both this band and other acts. Better check that Spotify mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Salty dog is announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

TCM TCM TCM TCM

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Top Secret Gigs in large print at the top makes them a little less 'Top Secret'.

But that looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Very very decent, think I'll be hanging around the woods a lot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Pogueology are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Very happy with that loads more than happy to see. The woods will be my home for a lot of the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seems to be a bit of a change to it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

as long as they dont break the stage like in trailer park

I can't hold it in any longer, one of the Surprise Guests is @Seathrun66 and I presenting you with Erasure's Greatest Hits, acapella.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah brilliant, sweating a bit on TCM, Cathy, God bless her, Powpig great in Jerry's tent last time out, Ham Sandwich, Gurriers, with @Da Neck of these parts, should be a good boards turn out for them...loads there. Is there anywhere that Thumper AREN'T playing? All good, they'll be great there. Dying to see what they mean by an enclosure. Hope there's a decent capacity. The woods are where it's at alright lads.

* Sorry, didn't mean to bring up 'capacity ' again. Under no circumstances start discussing it.

I was on the stage when it collapsed that time!

I knew it would be someone in here. Poor old Jimmy Lee's Juke joint never returned. I hope you're happy with yourself, Thundercats.

Thrilled, sure...

What a gig. Never spilled a drop when I hit the ground. A pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

Some great options on that poster.

Ham Sandwich, Riptide Movement, Thumper, PowPig, & Amy Montgomery catch my eye immediately.

There's a few more that sound familiar but I'll have to remind myself what they sound like.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I'm just about to leave for another festival so there's no fear of that from this quarter.

• Advertisement

Ah, I'm only joking @CoffeeImpala. Good to have you aboard, hope to see you over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wow!!

Based off your other acts you might also like Khruangbin, if you haven’t already listened to them. Strains of ‘the war on drugs’ and ‘Michael Kiwanuka’

Post edited by Fatfrog on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Any Sack fans? used to love them back in the day (as did moz, he brought them on tour)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Always loved this one, and it would go down well at Salty Dog. Must add them to the Spotify playlist and see what else I can remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK6dcGViBF8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i actually love this song

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Heading to ALS this weekend. The most chill music fest in country

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Pleased to see that Porcelain Hill have been asked back. I missed them last time round as their slot was switched after (I think) travel difficulties. Also, great to see Amy Montgomery back on the bill again. @Da Neck will get a solid Boardsie turn-out for his band Gurriers. Will be a messy one if the reaction to their ATN set was anything to go by, but them’s the best ones. Wonder what square footage per person the new Salty Dog enclosure will be. *Tiptoes away…

@Reded - O trusty gatekeeper to the sacred texts! As the Salty Dog is now an enclosed space rather than in a thoroughfare…does it look on the map as if it has moved entirely/slightly or maybe the existing space has been boxed-in, thereby reducing the capacity? Not sure how this would work because there are trees either side of the stage and many more dotted about the place. Another little conundrum that will reveal itself in time I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

There are down sides;

•It’s an extra day off/away.

•€45.

• I like to ‘size up’ my tent neighbours, see what age they are, stay away from large groups etc. but chances are if you arrive Thursday, you will be first, so you don’t get to choose, they choose you (In eco I’m not too worried about this)

•I’d say majority that 3 day don’t shower, but if you head down Thursday, you can’t escape a shower at some point, you’ll be one smelly **** by Sunday night otherwise!!

•There was some issue in 2019 with everyone using the paintball entrance, but I’d be shocked if that wasn’t rectified this year!

but above aside I’d highly recommend it! For years I’ve gone on the Friday morning, packing Thursday night, not able to sleep, running around getting the last bits Friday morning, the excited drive down, grab some ‘on the go’ filling station muck food, carrying shite, tent erection, beer in hand straight off on an adrenaline fuelled bender, before I knew it I was in a heap Friday night, bed by 12/1, hazy night possibly missing out on some stuff, instead of it being a 3 day festival, it was effectively turned into a 2-day’er.

When you arrive Thursday;

• No hassle on the commute, you can pull over take your time, have that one last meal if you want.

• As you unpack the car, again no pressure, you’re not rushing for camping spots or to get into the arena. If you want to walk really slow with all your gear, so be it! You can take your time pitching the tent and getting to know the neighbours.

• Once you’re settled that’s it, have a few cans, bit of exploring, possibly salty dog, bed early enough.

• You wake up relatively fresh (hopefully) to the sound of people making their way in, you get to be a smug fcuker that watches the struggles of others while you nurse a breakfast can!

• That’s it you’re setup for the day and get to enjoy a full day Friday, easy to schedule in an early acts and not at the mercy of the commute/tent etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Very happy with that lineup. I'll certainly have enough to keep me going, with the additions from Jerry Fish and Salty Dog.

Wonder what that enclosure notice means? Its situated at the crossroads between the area and Terminus/Spike Island and Hazelwood/Jerry Fish and Trenchtown anyway, so they would have to block off some access or route people around the area.

Does that mean that we are planning another meetup at TCM (assuming they will play Friday 5pm-ish)? I'm definitely up for it. It was great to meet people early in the weekend and then keep bumping into them at various stages across the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

https://youtu.be/SpOeor-duQs

this whole album is class, the opener is a belter (and the next album "butterfly effect" is great too)

p.s. how do embed/share the vid like genghis did?

Advertisement