Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nowhere have I been able to find out exactly what the fault is apart from jokey references to the "wheels falling off". So what is happening exactly? Is it the wheel bolts vibrating loose until they come undone completely, are they shearing off, or something else entirely? And how on earth was something like this not caught during testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If it's related to bolts then it'd be a straightforward fix you'd imagine, I'd say it's something much more complicated with the relative silence coming from Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I know, it's bizarre. I mean it's not like attaching wheels to cars is a brand new technology or anything :) Also I've not seen any users' stories along the lines of "The wheels fell off my bZ4x, and here's a photo of what happened". All very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Very few have been delivered apart from in the US, where Toyato where fast to get as many back from the new owners as possible. Scroll up and it will show the lengths they are going to to keep those US owners happy while their cars sit in a lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

Just saw this on the BZ Forums website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I got a €1000 deposit on a BZ4X but no longer looking to proceed with the purchase.

PM me by the end of this week, the latest, if you want to take my place and I will introduce you to the dealer (Kildare based).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This is a good point but it's to do with the tesla sporadic supply cycle. There's a butt ton of m3 and my being delivered in september, and there hasnt been any for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

M50 yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

Anyone any update on whether there is a fix and when this car will be delivered to Ireland ?

anyone get any other update on delivery …

• Advertisement

Just got an update fro my local Toyota garage, saying there is no update since the delays were announced.

Very interesting to know for how long Toyota will stand by the price offered for the trade in vehicles.

I thought they were starting production again from 7th sept…..

Dealer told me mid-December is still the mostly date at this stage, but dealer said they will hold it till January so I get a 231 Reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭iknorr

from my dealer...."realistically Jan but we are saying Feb just in case". They are also expecting a price change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I called to cancel my order to see if they could confirm if delivery would be soon. Was told it wouldn't be till the new year at best, so I've decided to cancel.

Seriously pissed off with the lack of communication!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

People should have pulled their deposits when the recall was announced initially. From information given at the time and the way dealers were left in limbo it was never going to be a quick fix.

The BZ was a lackluster offering to begin with so the recall was a perfect opportunity to swap to a better developed EV for similar money like a eNiro, Ioniq 5, ID4 etc etc and have the car in early 2023.

really….I was told Nov a month a ago …hope it doesn’t go up in price…will we have to pay the new price …?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I’ll be shocked, hope I’m wrong for anyone waiting on one but I seriously doubt there will be any deliveries this year or early next year, the lack of detail around the cause and the timeline needed to solve, design, test and implement a fix will take a while, I’m sure it will be a good car when it arrives but this time it has to be perfect

Shouldn't they stand by the quotes given with the prices given?

It is not the customer's fault they messed it up. It is actually us customers that are at a loss by not being able to use the benefits of an EV over the fossil fuels used until the car gets delivered.

Compared to the way they teat their US customers, it looks like we are considered second class customers.

I believe if one goes against them for a price increase Toyota will lose the case. Let's just not hope it gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Are any versions of this car qualifying for the grant? As if the grant goes on Jan 1st, any qualifying car will immediately become €5k more expensive!!

• Advertisement

I heard a rumour that the grant will be lowered in the budget and for anyone who doesn't already have a deposit on an EV they'll be paying more for one from the 1st January.

If you've a deposit on one then even if the car doesn't arrive till February or March for instance you'll still get your full 2022 grant, it's just anyone putting a deposit down post-budget onwards that's going to get hit with an increase.

Disclaimer: This is just a rumour I heard from a mate in the car trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

That would be similar to how they got rid of the PHEV grant last year - Grant was removed on Jan 1st however if you had the car ordered but it didnt arrive until Mar 31st you still got the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭UID0

For the removal of the €3800 business EV grant at the end of 2019, there was 2 weeks to get the grant approval (which requires the VIN and sales price) after the announcement and it had to be registered by the end of the year.

End of the road for electric car grant for company cars – The Irish Times

Facebook groups (Uk) suggest fix in Oct and delivery Nov/Dec…..hard to know what to believe …..anyone any updates on Ireland deliveries

I wouldn't be the happiest of camper collecting my delayed car in January with 7kW onboard AC charger while all the folk who waited for 2023 cars get the 11kW onboard AC charger....

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Did i hear that this car can only charge at 6kw on AC charging? Instead of the normal 7 or nearly 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

6.6kW like the 2013 Leaf, although back then the upgrade from 3.3kW to 6.6kW was an option. If you look at top 10 EV sales of this year, bar Leaf all are 11kW 3phase or 7kW single phase on the AC charging.

So with a 71.4kWh usable battery, that means 10.8 hours to charge from empty to full* on any AC charger with 6.6kW or more (all the way up to 43kW), and the night rate periods in Ireland are 9 hours long..

Every 10% is taking 1hr & 5 minutes to put into the battery, and that's on any <6.6kW AC charger anywhere!! but when the 11kW version comes, that same 10% will only take 39 minutes if using an <11kW charger... (10% would take 1hr in the 11kW version at 7.2kW which home chargers can supply).

So a 50% charge at an eCars 22kW AC charger will take 5hrs 24 minutes hours in the 7kW version, and will take 3hrs 15 minutes in the 11kW version...

*charging from 0-100% would be a rare occurrence though in fairness., but the 6.6kW version will only take on 83% in any 9 hour period, so if you want more than 83% in a single charge at home, you're paying day rate for some of it!! (I'd imagine Taxi Drivers will get a shock here if they have the 6.6kW version)

Not in a million years would I accept a 6.6kW version now... especially in 2023!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No idea where your based but if you like the car how about looking at the Subaru Solterra? It's basically the same car just with Subaru badges on it and 4 wheel drive so more secure on the roads too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement