Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Big Cass and Enzo were money when they were packaged together, massively over. I'd not be against either coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The crowds have turned on champ Liv, is she losing soon, try build her back up as the chasing under dog again

Shayna vs. Ronda could be great

Kross impressed in his dark promo

It's great that the mid card titles are being pushed highly given that the world titles are off resting with Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember B-Fab was first to be released before the remaining members were released a short while later.

Seems HHH is backtracking all those "budget cuts" now that they found a way to save millions.

So 2 questions: Who would be resigned if they hadn't gone to AEW? I would say UE. And when will Nia return? Maybe HHH knows even he can't do anything to help her, especially with Nikkita being the new and more mobile version.

UE 100%. HHH loves Cole especially. Black, Andrade, Keith Lee, Swerve, Toni Storm, Athena just a few off the top of my head. Regal and Joe for backstage stuff.

I'd say he's delighted that Gargano and Candice are still available.

Another John Morrison return with Taya/Franky? Though Tiffany Stratton seems to have the Franky character now.

• Advertisement

What about Carmelo with Hit Row as the leader, call him up from NXT or is he better on his own

He's got Trick on NXT so not on his own, then just replace the barbershop with a recording studio or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

I actually don't mind Hit Row. Don't get me wrong, Swerve was the star obviously but I think they're different enough and if this is them building up the tag division for more focus on it then no complaints. Would be interesting to see if we get another 'leader' but I think they have potential even if they're pretty green. They've already done a great job making the midcard titles feel more prestigious.

As for other returns. Ngl, Enzo and Cass was my first thought and would love another run, they got really hard done by (and did themselves no favours either) but they were over as hell and think they've both improved since they were last in WWE. Gargano, Candace, Breeze, Teagan Nox and could see others too. It's mad to think what the main roster would have looked like if Triple H got control like a year ago.

Gunther vs Nak slapped hard, loved it. Really enjoying Raw and Smackdown lately it must be said.

Report is that some ( ie Vince) weren't happy with Gunther's appearance on Raw a while back and a 'major burial' was in line to happen which makes me think that's what the whole...erm... let's call it domestic abuse angle with Ludwig was building up to. It's noticeable immediately how when HHH took over that was completely dropped so it's likely there's an element of truth to the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder was an Angry Brock going to kill him or something

• Advertisement

Drew has a back injury but is still expected for CATC

Must be a little de ya vu for him as the pandemic hit a few weeks before his big mania break. Be cruel if he missed out on another opportunity but hopefully a few weeks rest will heal it

Will Hit Row get a new leader tonight

I'm sure Sami is a great at rap.

Yeah a repackaged Tbar/Dominik Dijakovic will be the new leader

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Man of the Hour Lio Rush coming out of retirement to lead Hit Row for a few weeks/months till he retires again.

I might actually watch it if he does.

Reports of Toxic Attraction apparently being on Smackdown tonight.

Fatal 5 Way to decides who faces Gunther at Clash at the Castle tonight too. Go on the Sheamo

The Irish factor I agree come on Sheamus

Would of loved if it was a multi man IC match (6 man ladder match ftw) at CATC instead of 1-1 but what can ya do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really hope that's Sheamus but I'd be cool with Sami too. Either match would be fantastic.

Was thinking they might move up with the recent losses. Though without Mandy?

I see ones saying Nikkita isn't vaccinated so not allowed in Canada.

Bad luck for Zoey, just back from injury.

Great match so far

Hon the Sheamus, the hometown crowd once again silenced. Been a while since the crowd were that loud of Sami

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Twitter tells me this morning that Michael Cole called Sami El Generico last night!

Now that’s a chance that could start to draw me back to watching the Fed if it’s more than a tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He did indeed and jim Cornette got mentioned at the start of the show as being the first colour commentator on smackdown on the pilot as last night was episode 1200. I know mentioning those two things aren’t massive but it shows they aren’t going to ignore things.

anyway Rhonda needs to stop doing promos as she’s not good at them.

love bayley heckling Michael cole again.

nice to see Toxic attraction on the main roster and getting the win.

brilliant segment between Roman and Sami

A very enjoyable episode of smack down.

Don't think I've seen a cop with that much makeup on before.

Why should we continue watching Smackdown when even their own people leave after one match like Bayley, Iyo and Dakota did? 😀 But good to see Toxic Attraction. Seeing the bracket made me realise Raquel could face Dakota. Though doubt they'll beat Toxic Attraction.

Maximum Male Models just leaving after getting knocked out of the ring? Not a good look. I'm sure some might like it, but hope live Hit Row performances aren't going to be a regular thing.

Found it funny how any offence against Sami was booed but when Sami wasn't involved they responded as expected, like cheering Ric. Not sure why they did the injury angle, unless it was either legit or they wanted to give him an excuse for losing. But just how he got up after the White Noise from the ropes didn't look good for the move. May be why Sheamus wasn't impressed.

So will this lead to the breakup of the Bloodline? Roman beginning to choose Sami over Jay. Since Sami was there for him this week and sacrificed himself.

Was that Sarah Logan with the Viking Raiders? May just have been for that video and not an actual return.

I expect Kross to be the reason Drew loses to Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fooking LA Knight being jobbed out to Hit Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Another very good Smackdown. At this point it's becoming a streak 🤣

Didn't think Toxic Attraction would get the win and doubt Nikita/Zoey would have had they been the match so fair play and the package they played as they entered did an excellent job of setting them up and why they were a big deal (they've done well with these lately).

I'm okay with Maximum Male Models running from conflict as part of their gimmick is wearing outfits, so they're not in ring gear and can't have a match but hoping they get their own back next week or soon. On the other hand, I was fine with Hit Row coming back, that segment was the drizzles. Went far too long, they also tried this in NXT and even with Swerve it didn't work. Was a real swing and a miss.

Sheamus winning was the right choice and that match should absolutely slap.

The highlight of the show was all the Sami Zayn stuff, him and the Bloodline has been fun but that segment with him and Roman was excellently executed and got me intrigued. It did so much for both of their characters. I think we're building to an Usos Vs KO/Sami tag match and I'm here for it.

• Advertisement

The pops for both Sami and Roman, wow

Advertisement