Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Captaincy

• 18-08-2022 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭

GW3 Captaincy 113 votes

Salah v mun
    40%
    the whole year innRikandIcarasTerrontressFrisbeeeagle eyekeane2097MacDangerredarmyAdpRoFather HernandezOwlsZatciantheodDegagjoeyboy11How Soon Is NowcizolinmectavbaScorpion StingCrabieCrawford 46 votes
    Kane v WOL
    7%
    Mr.Nice Guybanteecallaway922nd Row Donkeysalad_mancal naughtonFred AstaireBobDole22 8 votes
    Jesus v bou
    32%
    SkySterneacy69[Deleted User]monster1LemlinelefantRossie11crushproofclawdsmythyPanthropetejmkeurokev[Deleted User]MikeCork2009manual_mandaregomacraignilRichard teaWalter White 37 votes
    Son v WOL
    2%
    trigger26chases0102johntune 3 votes
    Haaland v new
    14%
    BenzinoWeaselatordahatscotchyInvincibleCSFdr.kenneth noisewaterPaddyRussellPopTartswrestlemaniacABitofsensebezuauay0ssar1an22ballyargusMEGA BRO WOLF 5000Gusser09 16 votes
    Sterling v lee
    2%
    cdevGreen&RedThe Floyd p 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sterling v lee

Sterling here, great week to go for a differential. Jesus will be the VC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah v mun

Salah (C), Haaland (VC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I thought we were done with public polls?

Not giving out to you personally but some are involved in H2H and would prefer not to know, or more likely for their opponents not to know.

Private poll is more practical and useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sterling v lee

Didn't take any heed TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭nice bit of green

Jesus v bou

Not sure on Salah anymore. His goal v Fulham was jammy. Going Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Torn between Jesus and Martinelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jesus v bou

If you have both, surely it has to be Jesus. Martinelli could outscore Gab in any given GW, sure. But who is more likely to haul in the big points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Trent

Jesus v bou

Going with Jesus myself.

I know Salah should score a bagful on Monday, but I hate captaining players in derby days. I will not be surprised if somehow this United team frustrate Liverpool, even if it goes against form.

Haaland was also a possible, but he hasn’t hit the ground running, has he? I’m waiting for him to have a bit of a run before captaining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Jesus v bou

Going Jesus myself mainly due to fixture but that’s harsh on Haaland. 3 returns in 2 games. How much better were you expecting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Kane v WOL

Kane for me, feels differential too, although the early kick off isn't ideal, weekend ruined lol if he blanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Haaland has hit the ground running more so than Jesus you could argue. Jesus blanked first game of the season away from home. He's away from home again today.... Arsenal are playing Bournemouth who kept a CS at home in GW1, they are at home today...

Haaland scored 2 goals away from home in GW1, and they are away from home tomorrow. City have scored 20 goals in the last 5 meetings v Newcastle. scoring 4 goals away from home twice.

City will breakdown most teams in the league this season and with Liverpool having drawn first two games of the season will want to build up points and goal difference early on to put pressure on.

Salah v United might not be as easy as people expect, United at home with everything that's happened, there will be pressure on to keep it tight, and Liverpool have been poor at the back. I think Diaz will cause United more problems than Salah. Plus although it's a huge game, it's not a derby game in the traditional sense.

I can see this season being a case of getting the captain pick right or wrong to make a GW.

Jesus v bou

That’s a very compelling argument!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Salah v mun

Luis Diaz

(Voted Salah but switched over to Diaz)

Post edited by FourFourRED on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Salah v mun

Perisic as captain

Jesus v bou

In my league the captain choice is spread across Haaland, Salah and Jesus, I think captain choice is going to make things very interesting this year.

Ace2007 convinced me to switch to Haaland…

…So I get to blame it on them if he blanks 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Salah v mun

Had to go Salah with what we've seen from United so far and the fact that Nunez is banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Kevin

I don't have Salah (have diaz) and this is probably the week it'll hurt me most the way utd are playing but I feel over the next

5/6 weeks given citys fixtures kdb will outscore Salah

It'll either make or break me...

Advertisement