Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

People who show off on dating profiles with semi-naked selfies, having not had the housecleaner clean the mirror first.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My brother (48) must be the most boring man to walk this earth.

He reads supermarket leaflets aloud like they are newspaper headlines. "Oooh. Kitchen roll 1.99 for four rolls." Long discussions about "spuds". Magazines are not called magazines, they are "books".

He has the attention span of a goldfish, he'll ask me a question and change the subject while I am still answering. He still thinks I work for the organisation I left four years ago.

Don't get me wrong he's a good and decent guy but this stuff drives me mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who say Amen instead of commenting on things of a religious nature on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

That Ulster Bank ad about them closing down.. "less ATMs". It's FEWER you IMBECILES!!! I'm only mildly surprised that they don't actually say "less ATM machines".... 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I picked up on the exact same thing the other day. When I said it to my wife traveling beside me, she just rolled her eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The business model of a well know accounting/tax franchise,

Endless emails/phone calls even though I have specifically asked NOT to be called during working hours, my fav bit, I can only schedule a meeting for a quote if they call me during working hours.

Trying to fix this issue via email just goes round in circles.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People not knowing the difference between less and fewer is a long-standing bugbear of mine and one I've posted about many times.

Today's TA is my next door neighbour and her stupid rotary mower. It's ridiculously noisy. This is the second Saturday in a row she woke me up with it before 9. How can the grass even need to be mowed again already???

Also, my mother just gave out to me (40 years old) for being in my bare feet. Apparently being sick means you can't go barefoot, even in 21 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Greenery on a breakfast fry! Feck off!

When you're travelling along at the exact speed limit on the South link and suddenly every one starts braking because theres a speed check ,surprised there wasn't a pile up ffs, why slow down when you're not speeding, it doesn't make sense. It was worse on the other side when I was returning, traffic came to an absolute stop because of merging from Rochestown, it's crazy.

Decided to stop for diesel and the pump ran out, I got 21.53e into the car, it's disconcerting ☺️ also I'm thinking I probably got dirt in the dregs so I'll be waiting for something to happen with the car.

TLDR I should have stayed in bed.😁

• Advertisement

Yeah, on closer inspection, I'm in a bit of a Pauline Fowler.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was looking forward to spending an incredibly lazy weekend in front of the TV mostly enjoying the cricket, Netflix and whatever else….. England were playing a 5 day test match vs South Africa but managed to get beaten in 2 and a bit days, so that’s no cricket to look forward to.. grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My nephew came to visit and the first thing he asked for was 'Alexa', and all he has used it for this past half hour is asking her to fart.

I'm gonna tear my beard off at this stage.

Now I remember why I had it unplugged for 3 months

(Update: it's been a total of 45 minutes and he's still doing it.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why don't you oblige him instead of Alexa? That should shift him out of it.

My TA. Having to book wheelchair accessible taxi at least 24hrs I'm advance. Booked one for Monday yesterday. The person taking the booking was driving asked me to text pm the details and they'd 'put it in the book'. Did so but wrong again today to double check the taxi was booked. Lo and behold, it wasn't. Asked to text on the details again. Now I'm anxious that I won't be able to get my Dad to his Drs appointment. It'll be gnawing me til the the time the taxi shows up. Why does everything seem so difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When someone makes you tea but it’s weak and overfilled with full fat milk. Thankful but, also, trivially annoyed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I hate when someone makes me tea with that watery slimline shite milk. Full fat milk is the only milk that should be used

I just want really strong tea with a drop of milk. Low fat super milk is the wateriest, ideal for strong tea.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Agreed. Full fat milk tastes like cream, it's gross. I'd rather drink my tea black than with full fat milk.

My (third, I think) TA of the day is the wind. It'd be a lovely day if it wasn't for the fcuking force five hurricane blowing. No idea why I bothered curling my hair to go out later cause it's just going to get destroyed the second I step outside the door.

YOU'LL GET A COLD IN YOUR KIDNEYS / VARICOSE VEINS / something else clinically diagnosable by the medical mammies guild. I get it all the time.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Milk in tea. Ewwwwww. I stopped putting it in mine when I couldn't have coffee for the very same reason of having no milk.

(..but I'd still drink it if someone forgot)

Post edited by oneweb on

It is what it's.

I always imagine sneezing kidneys when I hear the "cold in the kidneys" one.

A TA of mine is "Don't go out with wet hair, you'll catch a cold". That's not just exclusive to the medical mammies, either. I thought everyone knew that colds were viral infections at this stage. Apparently not.

Travel Assistance bookable between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. 'Cos... pwd don't go out the house outside those times?

I recently spent a week in England with a mate, using an app to pre-book train ramps. And we had just about every permutation of situation pan out.

It is what it's.

Apparently, people outside Cork and Dublin don't need to go out at all! Thanks for the linky, all the same.

The sheer AMOUNT of holiday trinkets and 21st/30th/40th/50th/60th birthday and anniversary crap that ends up in charity shops.

Even worse, the customised stuff with someone's name!

I politely suggested mam stop bringing me stuff back whenever she went away. I have no use nor space for it. So now she brings back lovely stuff like biscuits n' sweets ^_^

I used to spend a day or two of my holidays just looking for postcards and bits for everyone, 'til I suddenly copped on and kept the Toblerone for meself. (The biggest ones are cheapest in Dealz, btw ;)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

We have 3 bags of pasta in the press but not a drop of pasta sauce

Have you any tinned tomatoes?

If you do lash them in a pot with a bit passata, balsamic vinegar, spoon of butter, salt and basil. Add some chilli flakes if you’re into that sort of thing.

Only takes a few minutes and you’ll have your sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Those that don't park completely in disabled spaces but park so that either their front or back wheels are encroaching on the space rendering them unusable to a disabled person... Look just park in the disabled space completely its more honest in a way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Getting a piece of beef that looks lean with a nice bit of fat on the outside and finding out it's tough enough to resole shoes.

• Advertisement

Game show hosts asking losing contestants "have you had a nice time?"

Once - just once - I want to hear them answer with "nah, it was sh!t".

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement