Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oleksandr Usyk v Anthony Joshua 2 - August 20th

Options
  • 15-08-2022 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Thought I'd start a fresh thread for this as it's a big one.

Usyk was by far the better boxer in the first fight but you'd have to imagine that Joshua will be a lot more aggressive in this.

I'll go for Usyk by KO in rounds 9-10.

Pity it's on in Saudi.

Comments

Another Fury vs. Wilder.

One fighter trying to catch another with a touch of death.

Usyk the superior boxer.

I won't be buying it though.

Russia bombing Ukraine = Bad, but Saudi Arabia bombing Yemen = OK.

Lost all respect for Usyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If Usyk make it past 5 he wins again ,

AJ will have the intent to stand in the pocket for longer this time , Him & his team know he MUST be willing to take a hard shot or two around to get enough of his own off, It can work of course it can he is big enough & hits hard enough to hurt Usyk but if he does not put a considerable dent in Usyk by midway in the 5th its over for him,

His willingness to take shots will disappear after that, he will get on his bike & start to come apart ,Stoppage in 10 or 11 for Usyk

If i had to pick AJ its by round 2 ko , but i lean to Usyk stopping him in ............lets say 11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Fight is almost sold out, the remaining tickets are about €2500 +

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This might be the first fight I'll buy in quite some time, beauty of Saudi is the fight should get going around 10.

I'd have this one as a 60/40 Usyk, can't get past Joshua being so much bigger and stronger, surely has to be better than the last time. I'm not totally convinced by Usyk, for me AJ was brutal the last day. I can see AJ being much more aggressive this time and wobbling Usyk early before running out of gas in the middle to late rounds. If I was to put the house on it I'd go Usyk points.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Today will be very telling on the scales,

I want to see what Usyk looks like is his conditioning where it should be, he looks a lot bigger but is he fleshy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Probably bulked up for more defense, rather than attack.

If its by design then that ok but if its because he spent a few months at war and was out of fighting shape that is another thing,

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This for me is a very hard one to pick.

There seems to be quite a vibe from AJ as regards him being sure about getting the win.

It's a huge fight for him, and he must know the price of failure.

Simple: He has to just give it a fooking go!!! Commit, engage, press, impose and put actual spite on punches

AJ is 2-3 inches taller and will be likely 15-25 lbs heavier. Go in there and try to dominate, not just compete.

Worst that happens? He loses.....

But maybe he wins if he actually gives it a proper committed go!!! Losing because he AGAIN decides to fight cautiously and timidly is unforgiveable.

Usyk seems to have a good beard, but based off what AJ hit him with in fight 1 (very very little clean power shots), we cannot be sure how he holds up IF AJ manages to tag him clean as a whistle!

Gun to head: Usyk via mid-late rds KO, but I am 55-45 here. AJ via KO is so close behind!!!

I think Usyk is 224 and AJ 242 on the scales

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

AJ simply has to let his hands go and actually try to win the fight he cannot outbox Usyk. He needs to use his advantages in size and power show Usyk what its like to be in with a real nasty full blooded heavyweight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Everyone saying Joshua can improve on the first fight are ignoring the fact that a guy as smart as Usyk is going to be so much better fighting a guy for a second time.

Joshua is simply out of his depth here. I expect Usyk to stop him in the mid rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

What does Usyk need to do to convince you? Literally wiped out one of the best divisions in the sport then steps up to heavyweight and beats a guy who a lot were saying is the best in the division. Best fighter on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Usyk pretty much same weight as last fight and AJ up four pounds.

AJ looking more determined and there'll be no fooling around waving at the crowd on his ringwalk this time.

His biggest problem though will be if plan A isn't working, he can't sustain a plan B or C.

Also Usyk knows how to deal with all the plans in the book.

I don't think this is what folks mean. It's simple. AJ needs to be a deal better. If that gets him the win, great. But it may not, because Usyk could well live with it, up his game and get the win.

Bottom line: AJ needs to fight with a whole lot more spirit and gusto.....I have watched the fight couple times, and for me, that spirit and gusto was sorely missing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Usyk 221

AJ 244

I know you'd know him alot better so I'll bow to your superior knowledge, what I meant was not convinced by him in the heavyweight division, largely on the Chisora fight.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You beat what's in front of you.

Chisora will present different problems than AJ.

I actually agree with Dillion Whyte & think AJ has looked too vacant this week ,there is no intensity at all about him

its all a bit like the build up to Ruiz 1 ,

I'm going for Uysk in 10/11 as long as he makes it out of the first 4 without getting caught with a big one,

I'm going to go Uysk in 11

Fury beats Usyk in my opinion , To big , to strong ,very mobile but most importantly Fury has the part that AJ is missing he is ......................................................................... just as smart as Usyk

32 euro for this, that's shocking.

Think Usyk will win but AJ has a punchers chance.

Fury will beat the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Usyk to win...im sure one of the good people of this thread will provide a link to the fight on the night....

Just like the fury whyte one👍

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Looking forward to this one. Can only see AJ win if he's willing to get hit in order to land, but even at that I would still be favouring Usyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

It's airing free in Ukraine & on Usyks YouTube channel. Just need a Ukraine IP. VPN should work.

AJs big problem is that he can't take getting hit and he knows it. Whyte and Povetkin both had him buzzed.

Ruiz destroyed him in their first fight.

This is the real reason why he doesn't fight the way he used to.

Well, he better grow a pair a balls tonight and fight like a proper HW; and none a this tip tap, peck poke, swipe paw nonsense. Go in and try win. Commit to your offense, extend your arms and put proper venom behind your shots.

Give it fooking everything, and stop worrying about getting hit, getting tired, getting hurt, and losing! It’s professional boxing, for chrissake!

If it turns into a boxing chess match there's only one winner. AJ needs to fight dirtier, rough him up, lean on him and use that weight advantage. Go at the body early doors and try slow him down. Not sure he has it in him, all to be revealed I suppose.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No great money to be made so just going with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Usyk for me, much better boxer and just looks super calm and ready, AJ looked nervous but he has to really go for it. He was made a show of the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

matchroom feed for the joshua v usyk fight free to air 16.east satellite 11.186 H 15000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

Megogo app (or website) in Sports section or Usyk17 Youtube channel will show the fight. Just need Ukrainian VPN.

Advertisement