Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Some of the rubbish is just about bagged. There are loads of nappies over the fence at pretty much every step you take. Waiting for the pictures in the Leader asking who is possibly responsible. Ah the Amish came soon after the others left and did all that !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

And (afaik ) not a whisper from our elected representatives raising concern over this. Of course if the Leader or some other media ask the ‘reps’ for their their opinion there will be loads of noise. But while the ‘guests’ were there, silence.

I feel for those bagging that rubbish, the smell must be horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

I was wondering the same about the field under Sexes Bridge - lots of work going on there the last few days whatever is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Plan must have been changed. Road seems to be painted for a signal controlled junction

Coming home tonight from Dublin the stench around the roundabout on the dual carriageway is awful. I also think there are 2 caravans there now where there were none the last few days. I cannot imagine what Lidl think of all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

At Liffey Hall? That's a shame, I'd prefer a roundabout but that's just me.

Hard to know whats for the best. With the amount of traffic coming from Athgarvan side to Newbridge in the morning, it would be hard to exit liffey hall on the roundaround about. They have addressed the main issue which is turning right from Athgarvan Road to Liffey Hall by adding a filter lane. That should really help the flow out of the town

Small roundabouts don’t work as they can be difficult to enter when traffic is flowing. Although a ramp (athgarvan school size) on all the entrances would sort most of that. The space available for the roundabout at Liffey Hall was tiny. A filter lane works better in my opinion.

Anyone know will it open before the schools come back on Friday coming ? Haven’t been down there in about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

The roadworks are in place until the 5th of September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It was always planned as a junction rather than a roundabout.

Cox's Cash and Carry was sold to the company that owns Spar and the warehouse in Newbridge has shutdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Anybody know what works they are doing on the green road? It's down to one lane at the bridge. Further down they have removed the hedges between the school and lumville house and are doing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Petermc83

Could the County Council not have done this during the summer whilst the schools are off?? They wait until the last moment and install temp traffic lights at the bridge on the Green Road for a week. The schools are back next week and that road is already extremely busy as the traffic is being diverted this way because of the ongoing roadworks at Liffey Hall. Beggars beleif !!!

Anyone know have the light sequence been changed at Byrne’s Cross? Queue crawls from the station entrance/exit.

Post edited by WishUWereHere on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

But again this is incorrect...there was plenty of notice of these meetings, in fact they werent just held in Bishopland/Lakeside/Newbridge, they were all over. There was a public meeting in the CY with Eoin O'Broin also. Thats the groundwork it takes to retain seats.

How high and consistently does a party have to poll before its no longer a protest vote? The SF number is consistently high all over the country for the last few years.

Regarding Berry...I just dont see it this time around at all, his siding with the govt in Dail votes etc not a good luck for an independent

The social Media backlash presently against Fiona O'Loughlin has got to hurt her too. Lots of stuff about her as a teacher

Interesting but I can see it being Ryan, Heydon fighting for poll topping again

EDIT: I was up town yesterday. Seems something was done on Friday, as there was no build-up

Not doubting You Raven, but I am from Newbridge, like to follow local politics yet was oblivious of these meetings You mention ( one thing I don’t have a FB account & im sure I’m not alone), Perhaps all parties need to look at their media mediums?

I agree with You about CB. In the beginning it was great to get expert military views especially earlier this year when putin invaded Ukraine. I also agree though about Your view that He’s supporting the government too much, certainly for my liking., and after the deafening silence from MM about Troy, I wonder what support FF will lose after this debacle. One thing I will say for CB, he’s the ONLY TD I have heard from since the last election.

I only hope You are totally wrong though about who will be contenders for top spot come the next election. How heydon is tops beats me. I’m also despairing about the electorate when they vote for someone who went on holiday as the election was being held.

BUT, that leaves a dearth of choices.

Heydon has some magic touch for voters in Kildare South, baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

Care to provide an example of said notice or are you just talking nonsense again?

Nothing in the local papers, parish newsletters or on social media from what I can see but I'm not on Facebook.

Plenty of notice yet provides not a shred of every evidence. Not a fan of Hayden but at least he has a constituency office in the town along with Berry.

A popularity vote now is meaningless to the largest town in Kildare South. Very obvious that Patricia Ryan simply does not care as her absence got her elected the last time.

Even her own website seems to exclude Newbridge:

"About Me

Patricia Ryan is a Sinn Fein TD for Monasterevin, Kildare Town, Allenwood & The Curragh."

I voted for her last time and I won't be doing it again.

• Advertisement

In fairness, Fiona O’Loughlin & Sean O’Fearghaill also have offices in the town.

I did not see any posts on P. Ryan's FB page advertising a public meeting about modular housing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I don't think Ukranians should be put in Lakeside.

Lakeside is a run down pit full of scumbags, thieves and drug dealers. Most are on social welfare, are xenophobic, racist and dreadfully short of any intelligence.

Putting decent Ukrainians that are fleeing a war and who have done their best to integrate in communities and get jobs and give back to communities into the cesspit that is Lakeside would be totally unjust.

If Kildare CC wish to put a modular home on my land to house a family of Ukrainians, I would be very welcome to the idea.

The stupids in lakeside use two "excuses" both put forward by Ms Ryan of sinn fein -

1. they are unvetted - are you having a joke, half of Lakeside have criminal history and gardai have confirmed that Ukranians do not feature at all on their records.

2.the old chestnut, 10,000 homeless. In entire Kildare county, there were less than 150 people in emergency accommodation as of April 30th. That's the entire county. 80% of those in emergency accommodation are based in the main cities and if people knew the breakdown of those figures, they'd have a different attitude. Lets just say 20% (cso census) are from a particular "ethnic" community

Ms patricia ryan is a xenophobe and her "letter of concern" was designed to rile up the stupid brainless sheep in the cesspit of Newbridge.

Don't make Ukrainians suffer any further and mix them with the scum in lakeside

You are a **** idiot. You clearly are from nowhere near Lakeside and don’t know Newbridge at all. Plenty of decent people in Lakeside that bought out their council house. Lots of ex-army. Yes it has a few bad elements but they are few and far between. Patricia Ryan didn’t even turn up at the meeting and sent 2 representatives. Her letter that she put out there pretty much supported the government position as does Sinn Fein. Did you even read it before waffling about xenophobia.

There are lots of extended Irish families living in the same home waiting for a home in that area and Ukraine people are just about getting them handed them. How is that fair.

The war in Ukraine is in a small section of it and life in Ukraine is continuing as normal in most of it. Many of those “refugees “ are not that at all but just cashing in.

The lane in Lakeside for access is the back entrance and parking for a row of homes. It is unsuitable. It is a field behind Murphy’s home. The residents have been years asking the council to fix up the basketball court they plan on sticking the homes into. Now the latest is the long term plan was this was always going to be developed long before recent events but of course nobody has a single document to back up that claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Lakeside is a cesspit. Yes there are some decent people there, but it has a massive anti social issue and a substantial criminal element.

Hopefully decent Ukrainians will not be put into that cesspit

I think the point is being missed here

I live in Roseberry Hill and in front of my house is also a green. My heart bleeds for those poor people in Ukraine. But I would also look on negatively if this ‘government’ adopted the gung-ho attitude and erected modular homes without any consultation.

As for a td(?) jumping on the bandwagon calling a meeting on this topic but not bothering her a**e turning up ( as stated above )? This is the same person who went on holiday during the election? Speaks volumes!!

Just heard on RTE that the protest is postponed. Apparently the government minister i ( O’Gorman ) is to set up a meeting with the residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I am from lakeside. I am highly offended by your comments.

Have you ever lived in lakeside? Do you even live in Newbridge?

Advertisement